Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
rodeo

democratic primary candidates thread

questions remain

what is the point of wiping out all debt from the high income earners?  There aren't better uses for that money to aid folks in need? 

what is the point of wiping out all debt when the exact same education paths will still cost the same after the debt is wiped clean and a Bernie is in office?  I mean, Bernie isn't saying the kid who goes to Furman for undergrad and Wofford for their grad degree should have that free going forward.    

25 minutes ago, rodeo said:

well those are fuggin republicans now aren't they. they can't expect the democratic party to nominate who they want any more than i can expect the republican party to nominate who i want.

like when is the last time you heard "there are a lot of democrats who won't vote for trump, so the republicans would be better off nominating AOC as their candidate." it sounds absurd huh but for some reason people expect the left to appeal to the right but not the other way around

Let's go back to your comment:

"at this point if you still oppose bernie it's because you support donald trump"

And I disagree with that.

10 minutes ago, CRA said:

questions remain

what is the point of wiping out all debt from the high income earners?  There aren't better uses for that money to aid folks in need? 

what is the point of wiping out all debt when the exact same education paths will still cost the same after the debt is wiped clean and a Bernie is in office?  I mean, Bernie isn't saying the kid who goes to Furman for undergrad and Wofford for their grad degree should have that free going forward.    

yeah bernie isn't planning to nationalize private colleges which is why he's a compromise. idk what that has to do with anything though

31 minutes ago, CRA said:

As I said, there is only so much money you can print.

This is pure fox news talking point.

Investment in our society is not "printing money"

Bottom line high quality pre-k to trade skill/college/masters level research as a societal right for all to access will make america a kick ass country.

Just now, Fryfan said:

Bottom line high quality pre-k to trade skill/college/masters level research as a societal right for all to access will make america a kick ass country.

And make having a degree worth less money in the marketplace.  What's interesting is that people on the low end of the income scale already go to school for free.

1 minute ago, Wes21 said:

And make having a degree worth less money in the marketplace.  What's interesting is that people on the low end of the income scale already go to school for free.

So the market place will pay LESS for high skilled workers.  Seems like a market place issue.

Whats interesting is people on the low end lack safety nets and support systems to allow them to pursue education at the rate and levels others do.  I am 1000% for reparations in the education level.  I said it a few times for ADOS college is not only free like it is for everyone but a stipend at a living wage is paid during that education period.

Edited by Fryfan

1 minute ago, Fryfan said:

So the market place will pay LESS for high skilled workers.  Seems like a market place issue.

Given your other positions I'm surprised you want the government to help businesses reduce their labor costs.  Its very capitalist of you.

4 minutes ago, Fryfan said:

Whats interesting is people on the low end lack safety nets and support systems to allow them to pursue education at the rate and levels others do.  I am 1000% for reparations in the education level.  I said it a few times for ADOS college is not only free like it is for everyone but a stipend at a living wage is paid during that education period.

People on the "low end" already go to college for free.  Its people in the middle class that get screwed on college.

15 minutes ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

yeah bernie isn't planning to nationalize private colleges which is why he's a compromise. idk what that has to do with anything though

it has to do with the WHY is he going to literally wipe out all student loan debt then....

why is he going to wipe out all debt from private college, for graduate degree, doctorates, etc.   and in addition, why is he doing for the top present income earners in the country (who account for a large percentage of the debt).  

the compromise is found in some of the other plans...which I am sure Bernie's would actually morph into if he were elected.  Hopefully. 

6 minutes ago, Wes21 said:

People on the "low end" already go to college for free.  Its people in the middle class that get screwed on college.

Wrong.

Wrong

Wrong.

The middle class IS screwed yes.  Its not as screwed if you check the white straight christian middle class boxes. Not a screwed as those that have a ton more barriers then middle class. Wealth inequalities need to be tackled by multiple angles - access to college is one that needs multiple angles.  The lack of tuition as a fix is 1st up.

Edited by Fryfan

27 minutes ago, Fryfan said:

This is pure fox news talking point.

Investment in our society is not "printing money"

no, that isn't a Fox News talking point.   They use it no more than the left.   Both sides use it equally when the other is in power.  

our national debt is a major issue.  Almost neither side cares. 

But yeah, there is only so much money you can print before things crumble.  And we got a lot of issues, too many to be using the magic wand approach merely to make sure you are the most left vs the competition. .   Complete bailouts never work out well in the end.  

We don't need to literally cancel all debt for the top income earners in this country.  They own too big of a percentage for that to be the responsible approach given we don't live in a vacuum where this our only major problem.    

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

no, that isn't a Fox News talking point.   They use it no more than the left.   Both sides use it equally when the other is in power.  

our national debt is a major issue.  Almost neither side cares. 

But yeah, there is only so much money you can print before things crumble.  And we got a lot of issues, too many to be using the magic wand approach merely to make sure you are the most left vs the competition. .   Complete bailouts never work out well in the end.  

We don't need to literally cancel all debt for the top income earners in this country.  They own too big of a percentage for that to be the responsible approach given we don't live in a vacuum where this our only major problem. 

I definitely agree with you that "high" income earners should be excluded from the debt cancellation.  My issue is that whenever a Democrat talks about "high" income, they set the bar too low for my liking.  I realize $125k seems like alot of money to people making low wages, but its really not as much in practice once you see what the taxes are like at that level.  That's where Bernie and subsequently Hillary were talking about setting the high end of the income scale for free college back in 2016.  If you go to college, I'd assume you would want to make $60k to $65k or more.  But if you are a college grad making $65k and you marry a college grad making $60k, the combined income means you have to pay a hefty price for college while those below you get it for free and those above you can more easily afford it.

8 minutes ago, Wes21 said:

I definitely agree with you that "high" income earners should be excluded from the debt cancellation.  My issue is that whenever a Democrat talks about "high" income, they set the bar too low for my liking.  I realize $125k seems like alot of money to people making low wages, but its really not as much in practice once you see what the taxes are like at that level.  That's where Bernie and subsequently Hillary were talking about setting the high end of the income scale for free college back in 2016.  If you go to college, I'd assume you would want to make $60k to $65k or more.  But if you are a college grad making $65k and you marry a college grad making $60k, the combined income means you have to pay a hefty price for college while those below you get it for free and those above you can more easily afford it.

yeah, the line is really tough to get right about who needs help. The middle class is hit really hard in the grand scheme.  They have degrees and debt....yet the degree didn't actually do anything to increase their standing. 

but a lot of the people who own so much of the debt need assistance more than it being wiped clean.  The actual high income folks carry the most debt on a individual basis.  Not just school but life in general.  You always got to look at how they skew stuff. 

I do think we should focus on low to middle income people who we steered and made It must that they go get high school diploma 2.0.   Lot of those folks got just debt and no degree..or a degree that isn't aiding them nor was ever going to.

1 hour ago, CRA said:

it has to do with the WHY is he going to literally wipe out all student loan debt then....

why is he going to wipe out all debt from private college, for graduate degree, doctorates, etc.   and in addition, why is he doing for the top present income earners in the country (who account for a large percentage of the debt).  

the compromise is found in some of the other plans...which I am sure Bernie's would actually morph into if he were elected.  Hopefully. 

Your issue literally comes down to your ignorant thinking that Bernie’s policy of wiping out all student loan debt is akin to trump saying he is going to build the wall.

one is an actual economic stimulus to the middle class. The other was a racist’s fantasy. 

one can be accomplished virtually instantly when Bernie assumes office. The other is never going to happen the way it was promised. 

All your other bullshit is typical centrist concern trolling. We all see through your bullshit. Just stop

• Pie 1