Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
rodeo

democratic primary candidates thread

These are just two examples of the self-dealing going on at the DNC.

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth

Affordable/free higher education used to be a thing in this nation until the baby boomers got old enough to take control of our government.

Then tax cuts for corporations and off shoring good paying jobs became the priority.

One of the things that was no longer a priority:  Affordable higher education for our youth.

• Pie 1

39 minutes ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

Just curious how many in here have over 100k in student debt like me.

Got an MBA and I've been fighting like hell for the past nearly 20 years to support myself and my family and pay that poo off and at least make that "investment" in my future worth the debt. 

No way im going to push my kids the way I was pushed to get degrees under this idea that if you want to matter, you have to get one. Not unless that poo gets under control.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Got an MBA and I've been fighting like hell for the past nearly 20 years to support myself and my family and pay that poo off and at least make that "investment" in my future worth the debt. 

No way im going to push my kids the way I was pushed to get degrees under this idea that if you want to matter, you have to get one. Not unless that poo gets under control.

Eliminating student debt would be the greatest economic stimulus this nation has ever experienced.

Much better than bailing out the too big to fail banks just to watch executives pay themselves ginormous bonuses while kicking millions of Americans out of their homes.

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth
  • Pie 3

46 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Eliminating student debt would be the greatest economic stimulus this nation has ever experienced.

Much better than bailing out the too big to fail banks just to watch executives pay themselves ginormous bonuses while kicking millions of Americans out of their homes.

Would probably be cheaper.

13 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Would probably be cheaper.

What it would do is free up over a trillion dollars that would be largely spent to buy basic consumer goods, cars and homes.  Student debt relief would improve the lives of millions of Americans and give a huge boost to our economy.   

https://www.investopedia.com/student-loan-debt-2019-statistics-and-outlook-4772007

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

I definitely learned my lesson as well and will be teaching my daughter to think about things differently.  I have a good job but it isn't because of my degree.  I have learned to appreciate that alot of college graduates don't make alot of money because they went to college, it's because of their connections.  I will definitely tell my daughter that if college is something she wants, make sure to make those connections (including internships).

4 minutes ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

lmao holy poo

The gloves are finally coming off.

Still laugh at the pundits that say 2016 was divisive between Sanders and Hillary.

Bernie treated her with kid gloves.