Jump to content
Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

JakeDel5674

Game 1 Carolina Hurricanes vs New York Islanders Thread Friday April 26th 7 PM.

Recommended Posts



7 minutes ago, cookinbrak said:

Do we start McElhinney on Friday and give Mrzak a rest? Should have a rested Svech back by then.

 

 

Leave it up to Mrazek and how he's feeling honestly. If he's good, run him. Though it probably wouldn't hurt to give him one game. Our game one odds aren't high against a well rested Islanders team given how that game 7 played out (long and physical). So if we're using THAT mentality, sit Mrazek and see if Mac can give you one. Issue only being, if he gets hot. Don't want to move from a hot goalie, don't want to crush your other hot goalie's confidence. This is where playoff goaltending is just difficult. Scoring will be higher in each round due to guys just being tired, playing weeks on one day rests. 

 

If it's me, and Mrazek feels good, stay with him until he's either not good or his play drops significantly. 

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ferland and Svech have to make it back this series. They'll provide rested legs which will be needed to alleviate some minutes from the top two lines Friday. Hell, even just one of them back would be huge. I doubt we see Ferland for a couple games at minimum though. There has been next to no word on him and I don't even think he made it to Washington. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

Can't wait. Should I watch tho... Hmmm

 

 

I'd say you're fine. New series, new mojo. However, you know what to do if you see a trend start...lol

  • Pie 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today is game day. Be cautiously optimistic today folks. The team finished a 7 game series that ended in double ot, then they ate and flew to NY from Washington. They've had one day of rest. The Islanders have had about 10 after sweeping the Penguins. They'll be fresh and eager and at home. 

The good news is we get two days rest before game 3. So if we can take this series in 5 or 6 games, we're in business.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, lightsout said:

Today is game day. Be cautiously optimistic today folks. The team finished a 7 game series that ended in double ot, then they ate and flew to NY from Washington. They've had one day of rest. The Islanders have had about 10 after sweeping the Penguins. They'll be fresh and eager and at home. 

The good news is we get two days rest before game 3. So if we can take this series in 5 or 6 games, we're in business.

Agreed, it sucks that the Canes will be on adrenaline in the first game. Our advantage will blue line scoring, so we need to establish that in the first game and hopefully open up the ice for our forwards.

And I would switch goalies, I know it's unpopular, but Mrazek just carried us in a 7 game series and he needs to secure our home games. Another reason is the quick turn to game 2 on Sunday, the coaching staff had made adjustment in Caps series and it just makes sense to use the fresh goalie on the two road games....hell, you always pull Mac- if need be. 

In any case, we will see if the conditioning program Rod has will show more dividends this weekend. 

BTW, a 10 day layoff isn't always good for some teams...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like this game will be ugly for either team.

1. Islanders tear us apart after having 8 months of rest while we had one day.

2. We are feeling good and in the groove while the islanders come out slow and out of sync because they were off for 11 days.  

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Dunn said:

I feel like this game will be ugly for either team.

1. Islanders tear us apart after having 8 months of rest while we had one day.

2. We are feeling good and in the groove while the islanders come out slow and out of sync because they were off for 11 days.  

Agree with a comment I saw on the Islanders reddit that they needed to survive the first period when they'll probably be sloppy and the Canes will have their legs, or what's left of them. Best case, the Canes will need to get a couple fast and then hang on for two periods with dead legs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fortyrod said:

Agree with a comment I saw on the Islanders reddit that they needed to survive the first period when they'll probably be sloppy and the Canes will have their legs, or what's left of them. Best case, the Canes will need to get a couple fast and then hang on for two periods with dead legs.

 

Most likely. Could get surprised though. Hopefully Rod had the guys essentially on bed rest yesterday and treated them all to massages. Just gotta find ways to beat the feeling of pure death those last 3 games surely made you feel. 

Islanders could be sloppy, but I doubt it. I think they'll be really focused from the jump. We'll see in a few hours though

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...