Jump to content
Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Jeremy Igo

LMFAO.... Oh, Falcons, this is amazing.

Recommended Posts

On 5/4/2019 at 6:52 AM, Sasquatch said:

Fact, Saints had a program that monetarily rewarded hits that impacted opposing players physically which was administrated by coaches and team leaders outside NFL rules.

Your picture only proves that the majority of the Saints players (NOT all) were too inept to execute to the coaches desires.

That is not a fact because a "pay-to-injure" system was never proven because it never occurred. There never was a single shred of credible evidence produced despite the League maintaining they allegedly had "50,000 pages" of it when in fact the only "evidence" they think they had was the testimony of a disgruntled, former Saints assistant (Mike Cerullo) that was fired after the 2009 season for lackluster job performance due to his proclivity of taking random leave of absences without permission and inability to provide an explanation upon his return. Upon his termination at the conclusion of the Super Bowl winning season, Cerullo sought retribution, specifically against linebackers coach Joe Vitt, and is alleged to have gone far enough to fabricate evidence long after the games in question.

Then the NFL finally reveals their stalwart piece of evidence: a dingy, tattered napkin with a few player names, numbers and dollar signs on it. A napkin. However in his sworn testimony where Cerullo alleged that he was the bookkeeper (which was taken long before the napkin was produced), he specifically states he kept track of cash pledges that were made on notepads. He then states he had computer records of the money pledged to the system that Vitt was to oversee him destroying. So which was it? The records were kept in a notepad, on a computer, or a napkin? So did he just keep really good records of the system or is he a compulsive liar with a vendetta?

Oh, funny story, the NFL then turned around and hired that compulsive liar to a "director of football administration" role in 2017. Sounds like someone got an "atta boy" for their cooperation and participation and got their belly scratched with a cushy job. Does that not even one bit seem fishy to you? That's the equivalent of you owning a franchise of a large corporation and upon you firing some random female employee for poor performance, she falsely accuses you of workplace harrassment and then 5 years later, that corporation then hires that same woman to be the director of HR that oversees the entire company.

"Too inept to execute to the coaches' desires" yet we still went 5-1 against y'all in that span and the lone win was because our starters sat in a meaningless Week 17 game after having the #1 seed locked up, so who exactly are the inept ones? :thinking:

That picture only shows exactly how full of :poo: the League is when they plain and simple needed a scapegoat in the name of "player safety" because they knew they were about to be royally bent over a barrel by the impending concussion lawsuits (that were being filed almost daily against the League) and was still behind the curtain at the time. You can say I'm a conspiracy theorist but weren't y'all just involved in a witchhunt regarding Reid being blackballed? Seems like y'all more than any other team in our division would have your eyes more open to the shady dealings the League does.

On 5/4/2019 at 7:13 AM, rbsponsel52 said:

Again still why were Aints players out to do illegal hits on many players throughout the league and you still deny the facts that deliberate hurting of players existed when it did. Yes a Aints staff member encourage this and Sean "Troll Face" Payton(along with a few player minions that did the dirty work) were in on the deal or he would have never been suspended. All of the Aints fan base is either full of cesspool swamp-water or just ignorant that they didn't want to fess up to the dirty deeds they were in fact caught doing.

Okay, provide me with a comprehensive list of all these "many players" our defense deliberately hurt between 2009 and 2011... without including Brett Favre or Kurt Warner (who both dismissed the existence of a "pay-to-injure" system in the links I provided in my previous post). Go ahead, I'll wait for you, bud. Can't wait to see this list you can conjure up.

If there was actually a "pay-to-injure" system enacted, those player suspensions would've stuck. But they didn't, because there was zero credible evidence corroborating the propoganda that the League pumped down your throats from March 2012 until they were overturned by Paul Tagliabue, and there still hasn't been any evidence surface in the 7 years since.

When your team is the subject of a League-sanctioned witch hunt, we'll prop our feet up and enjoy the show. Oh wait, pretty sure that already happened considering you must be a Patriots fan, what happened to your Belichick avatar? I almost didn't recognize it was you, Patriot Pat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


6 hours ago, Iron Saint said:

 When your team is the subject of a League-sanctioned witch hunt, we'll prop our feet up and enjoy the show. Oh wait, pretty sure that already happened considering you must be a Patriots fan, what happened to your Belichick avatar? I almost didn't recognize it was you, Patriot Pat.

So you think I am a Pats fan and had a Belichik avatar. You seriously had some bad eyes because I had a Ron Rivera avatar.

Here is some evidence for you:

The NFL sent a confidential and detailed memo to all 32 teams detailing its findings. It revealed that the Saints had not only targeted Warner and Favre during the 2009 playoffs, but had also targeted Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers and Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton during the 2011 regular season.[21] According to that memo, Saints linebacker Jonathan Vilma offered $10,000 cash to any teammate who knocked Favre out of the NFC Championship Game.[14] Another source told CBSSports.com's Mike Freeman that Reggie Bush's agent at the time, Michael Ornstein, was closely involved in the scheme from the beginning. Ornstein contributed $10,000 to the pot in 2009, and an undisclosed amount in 2011.

The league found that Payton not only knew about the scheme, but tried to cover it up during both league investigations. During the 2010 investigation, Payton told Williams and Vitt to "make sure our ducks are in a row" when the league interviewed them. Before the start of the 2011 season, Payton received an email from Ornstein detailing the broader lines of the scheme. In that same email, Ornstein offered $5,000 to anyone who knocked Rodgers out of the 2011 season opener. Payton initially denied knowing that this email existed, but subsequently admitted that in fact he had read it.[18][22][23][24]

When Benson was informed of the league's findings, he called in Payton and Loomis and ordered the program shut down immediately. However, they did not do so. Loomis had been interviewed during the 2010 investigation as well, and had stated that he knew of no such scheme and would stop it immediately if it was taking place. The league also found that Vitt, whom Payton had assigned to monitor Williams (the two reportedly didn't get along very well), also knew about the broader lines of the scheme and even witnessed Williams handing out payments to players. However, Vitt failed to tell anyone about it.

Aints fans sure enjoy deep denial of the events that were and reported that the findings were accurate and the evidence was there to prove it did in fact take place.

It was very sad that Mr. Benson had to go through this embarrassment and get him involved.

Edited by rbsponsel52
  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Iron Saint said:

That is not a fact because a "pay-to-injure" system was never proven because it never occurred. There never was a single shred of credible evidence produced despite the League maintaining they allegedly had "50,000 pages" of it when in fact the only "evidence" they think they had was the testimony of a disgruntled, former Saints assistant (Mike Cerullo) that was fired after the 2009 season for lackluster job performance due to his proclivity of taking random leave of absences without permission and inability to provide an explanation upon his return. Upon his termination at the conclusion of the Super Bowl winning season, Cerullo sought retribution, specifically against linebackers coach Joe Vitt, and is alleged to have gone far enough to fabricate evidence long after the games in question.

Then the NFL finally reveals their stalwart piece of evidence: a dingy, tattered napkin with a few player names, numbers and dollar signs on it. A napkin. However in his sworn testimony where Cerullo alleged that he was the bookkeeper (which was taken long before the napkin was produced), he specifically states he kept track of cash pledges that were made on notepads. He then states he had computer records of the money pledged to the system that Vitt was to oversee him destroying. So which was it? The records were kept in a notepad, on a computer, or a napkin? So did he just keep really good records of the system or is he a compulsive liar with a vendetta?

Oh, funny story, the NFL then turned around and hired that compulsive liar to a "director of football administration" role in 2017. Sounds like someone got an "atta boy" for their cooperation and participation and got their belly scratched with a cushy job. Does that not even one bit seem fishy to you? That's the equivalent of you owning a franchise of a large corporation and upon you firing some random female employee for poor performance, she falsely accuses you of workplace harrassment and then 5 years later, that corporation then hires that same woman to be the director of HR that oversees the entire company.

"Too inept to execute to the coaches' desires" yet we still went 5-1 against y'all in that span and the lone win was because our starters sat in a meaningless Week 17 game after having the #1 seed locked up, so who exactly are the inept ones? :thinking:

That picture only shows exactly how full of :poo: the League is when they plain and simple needed a scapegoat in the name of "player safety" because they knew they were about to be royally bent over a barrel by the impending concussion lawsuits (that were being filed almost daily against the League) and was still behind the curtain at the time. You can say I'm a conspiracy theorist but weren't y'all just involved in a witchhunt regarding Reid being blackballed? Seems like y'all more than any other team in our division would have your eyes more open to the shady dealings the League does.

Okay, provide me with a comprehensive list of all these "many players" our defense deliberately hurt between 2009 and 2011... without including Brett Favre or Kurt Warner (who both dismissed the existence of a "pay-to-injure" system in the links I provided in my previous post). Go ahead, I'll wait for you, bud. Can't wait to see this list you can conjure up.

If there was actually a "pay-to-injure" system enacted, those player suspensions would've stuck. But they didn't, because there was zero credible evidence corroborating the propoganda that the League pumped down your throats from March 2012 until they were overturned by Paul Tagliabue, and there still hasn't been any evidence surface in the 7 years since.

When your team is the subject of a League-sanctioned witch hunt, we'll prop our feet up and enjoy the show. Oh wait, pretty sure that already happened considering you must be a Patriots fan, what happened to your Belichick avatar? I almost didn't recognize it was you, Patriot Pat.

The ruling was made by the only person empowered to make an interpretation of any evidence , the commish. His determination was shared with all teams. 

"The NFL sent a confidential and detailed memo to all 32 teams detailing its findings. It revealed that the Saints had not only targeted Warner and Favre during the 2009 playoffs, but had also targeted Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers and Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton during the 2011 regular season.[21] According to that memo, Saints linebacker Jonathan Vilma offered $10,000 cash to any teammate who knocked Favre out of the NFC Championship Game.[14] Another source told CBSSports.com's Mike Freeman that Reggie Bush's agent at the time, Michael Ornstein, was closely involved in the scheme from the beginning. Ornstein contributed $10,000 to the pot in 2009, and an undisclosed amount in 2011.[22]

After later investigations in the 2012 offseason, the NFL also found evidence that the Saints put a bounty on then-Seattle Seahawks quarterback, Matt Hasselbeck during their 2011 wild-card playoffs game.

The league found that Payton not only knew about the scheme, but tried to cover it up during both league investigations. During the 2010 investigation, Payton told Williams and Vitt to "make sure our ducks are in a row" when the league interviewed them. Before the start of the 2011 season, Payton received an email from Ornstein detailing the broader lines of the scheme. In that same email, Ornstein offered $5,000 to anyone who knocked Rodgers out of the 2011 season opener. Payton initially denied knowing that this email existed, but subsequently admitted that in fact he had read it."

It doesn't matter however many Saints players went to any number of courtrooms and swore out statement. The final ruling is a matter of record. The fact that your own coach admitted lying about the correspondence doesn't help any argument.

 

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/6/2019 at 7:50 AM, rbsponsel52 said:

So you think I am a Pats fan and had a Belichik avatar. You seriously had some bad eyes because I had a Ron Rivera avatar.

Here is some evidence for you:

The NFL sent a confidential and detailed memo to all 32 teams detailing its findings. It revealed that the Saints had not only targeted Warner and Favre during the 2009 playoffs, but had also targeted Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers and Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton during the 2011 regular season.[21] According to that memo, Saints linebacker Jonathan Vilma offered $10,000 cash to any teammate who knocked Favre out of the NFC Championship Game.[14] Another source told CBSSports.com's Mike Freeman that Reggie Bush's agent at the time, Michael Ornstein, was closely involved in the scheme from the beginning. Ornstein contributed $10,000 to the pot in 2009, and an undisclosed amount in 2011.

The league found that Payton not only knew about the scheme, but tried to cover it up during both league investigations. During the 2010 investigation, Payton told Williams and Vitt to "make sure our ducks are in a row" when the league interviewed them. Before the start of the 2011 season, Payton received an email from Ornstein detailing the broader lines of the scheme. In that same email, Ornstein offered $5,000 to anyone who knocked Rodgers out of the 2011 season opener. Payton initially denied knowing that this email existed, but subsequently admitted that in fact he had read it.[18][22][23][24]

When Benson was informed of the league's findings, he called in Payton and Loomis and ordered the program shut down immediately. However, they did not do so. Loomis had been interviewed during the 2010 investigation as well, and had stated that he knew of no such scheme and would stop it immediately if it was taking place. The league also found that Vitt, whom Payton had assigned to monitor Williams (the two reportedly didn't get along very well), also knew about the broader lines of the scheme and even witnessed Williams handing out payments to players. However, Vitt failed to tell anyone about it.

Aints fans sure enjoy deep denial of the events that were and reported that the findings were accurate and the evidence was there to prove it did in fact take place.

It was very sad that Mr. Benson had to go through this embarrassment and get him involved.

I already debunked the myth that Favre or Warner were ever targeted through their own words, if you're going to believe the League over the own players' words themselves then you're just a lost cause.

As for Rodgers and Newton, Rodgers was hit 5 times in Week 1. 3 of those 5 hits were on legal sacks. The remaining two hits weren't flagged. All 5 hits were by players that were not suspended: Casillas, McBride, Galette, Harper, and Ellis.

Newton was hit 3 times in Week 5 and 4 times in Week 17. 3 of those 7 hits in two games also were on legal sacks. Of those 7 total hits PFR counted, 6 were by by players that were not suspended: Jordan (2), Casillas, Ellis, Johnson, and Wilson.

Vilma was the only player suspended that got a hit on Newton or Rodgers and that hit came in the Week 5 game (14:11 left in the 2nd quarter and was not flagged), however this article clearly states the Week 17 game was when there was an alleged bounty on Newton. That brings up another question, in Week 17 what exactly would be the purpose of targeting the rookie QB of a 6-9 team that's long been out of contention of a playoff spot? Hell, even going into the Week 5 game y'all were only 1-3. Targeting Rodgers at least makes sense considering they were just coming off a Super Bowl win (and ended up securing the #1 seed in 2011), but targeting a QB that went 6-10? LOL, no.

Ah, Mike Ornstein! I was waiting for someone to bring up the 2-time-convicted felon. Real standup character guy he is, committing mail fraud in 1995 and then scalping Super Bowl tickets (that were obtained at face value) for profit from 1998-2006. He's a large part of the reason Super Bowl tickets are absurdly overpriced and even a pain in the *** to obtain so if you had trouble getting Super Bowl 50 tickets, be sure to shake his hand if you ever meet him.

Again, a "pay-for-injury" system never occurred. A "pay-for-performance" system, more than likely, not like you know the difference anyway; but a "pay-for-injury" system? No, and the injury data backs that up. Still waiting for you to provide any data you've found contradicting the injury data I've previously provided.

The only thing sad about it was a man was robbed of a year of his career and then the chicken**** League tried to have him fired by convincing two other owners to get Benson on board. But Benson told them to pound sand and now Payton will likely outlast Rivera like he has the other 7 NFC South coaches that were hired and fired since 2006.

:shades:

On 5/6/2019 at 3:40 PM, Sasquatch said:

The ruling was made by the only person empowered to make an interpretation of any evidence , the commish. His determination was shared with all teams.

It doesn't matter however many Saints players went to any number of courtrooms and swore out statement. The final ruling is a matter of record. The fact that your own coach admitted lying about the correspondence doesn't help any argument.

And that premature ruling was rightfully overturned by Paul Tagliabue, exonerating all players of any wrongdoing and saying Goodell overstepped his power. THAT is your final ruling and matter of record, not the garbage Goodell flung at the wall and tried to make stick. When your former boss has to be called back into the office to fix your massive ****-up, it speaks volumes to the ineptitude that has been in the commissioner chair since 2006.

The fact that the League for decades denied the correlation between the football induced head trauma and CTE doesn't help the argument that the League is, or ever has been, even remotely trustworthy.

Also, why are y'all both copying from Wikipedia? Can't y'all form your own argument about this instead of e-vomiting someone else's opinion back?

On 5/6/2019 at 3:42 PM, ellis said:

7B4CA4C3-DBA9-4E66-A505-F7AA1C2B6972.jpeg

I promise you, this is not a route you want to go.

82C8285B-D6FC-4A98-B16E-424681A9EFE5.jpeg.e80b1b577d6059caed6053ecc39545a8.jpeg

:tongue:

Edited by Iron Saint

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Iron Saint said:

I already debunked the myth that Favre or Warner were ever targeted through their own words, if you're going to believe the League over the own players' words themselves then you're just a lost cause.

As for Rodgers and Newton, Rodgers was hit 5 times in Week 1. 3 of those 5 hits were on legal sacks. The remaining two hits weren't flagged. All 5 hits were by players that were not suspended: Casillas, McBride, Galette, Harper, and Ellis.

Newton was hit 3 times in Week 5 and 4 times in Week 17. 3 of those 7 hits in two games also were on legal sacks. Of those 7 total hits PFR counted, 6 were by by players that were not suspended: Jordan (2), Casillas, Ellis, Johnson, and Wilson.

Vilma was the only player suspended that got a hit on Newton or Rodgers and that hit came in the Week 5 game (14:11 left in the 2nd quarter and was not flagged), however this article clearly states the Week 17 game was when there was an alleged bounty on Newton. That brings up another question, in Week 17 what exactly would be the purpose of targeting the rookie QB of a 6-9 team that's long been out of contention of a playoff spot? Hell, even going into the Week 5 game y'all were only 1-3. Targeting Rodgers at least makes sense considering they were just coming off a Super Bowl win (and ended up securing the #1 seed in 2011), but targeting a QB that went 6-10? LOL, no.

Ah, Mike Ornstein! I was waiting for someone to bring up the 2-time-convicted felon. Real standup character guy he is, committing mail fraud in 1995 and then scalping Super Bowl tickets (that were obtained at face value) for profit from 1998-2006. He's a large part of the reason Super Bowl tickets are absurdly overpriced and even a pain in the *** to obtain so if you had trouble getting Super Bowl 50 tickets, be sure to shake his hand if you ever meet him.

Again, a "pay-for-injury" system never occurred. A "pay-for-performance" system, more than likely, not like you know the difference anyway; but a "pay-for-injury" system? No, and the injury data backs that up. Still waiting for you to provide any data you've found contradicting the injury data I've previously provided.

The only thing sad about it was a man was robbed of a year of his career and then the chicken**** League tried to have him fired by convincing two other owners to get Benson on board. But Benson told them to pound sand and now Payton will likely outlast Rivera like he has the other 7 NFC South coaches that were hired and fired since 2006.

:shades:

And that premature ruling was rightfully overturned by Paul Tagliabue, exonerating all players of any wrongdoing and saying Goodell overstepped his power. THAT is your final ruling and matter of record, not the garbage Goodell flung at the wall and tried to make stick. When your former boss has to be called back into the office to fix your massive ****-up, it speaks volumes to the ineptitude that has been in the commissioner chair since 2006.

The fact that the League for decades denied the correlation between the football induced head trauma and CTE doesn't help the argument that the League is, or ever has been, even remotely trustworthy.

Also, why are y'all both copying from Wikipedia? Can't y'all form your own argument about this instead of e-vomiting someone else's opinion back?

I promise you, this is not a route you want to go.

82C8285B-D6FC-4A98-B16E-424681A9EFE5.jpeg.e80b1b577d6059caed6053ecc39545a8.jpeg

:tongue:

 

1 hour ago, Iron Saint said:

I already debunked the myth that Favre or Warner were ever targeted through their own words, if you're going to believe the League over the own players' words themselves then you're just a lost cause.

As for Rodgers and Newton, Rodgers was hit 5 times in Week 1. 3 of those 5 hits were on legal sacks. The remaining two hits weren't flagged. All 5 hits were by players that were not suspended: Casillas, McBride, Galette, Harper, and Ellis.

Newton was hit 3 times in Week 5 and 4 times in Week 17. 3 of those 7 hits in two games also were on legal sacks. Of those 7 total hits PFR counted, 6 were by by players that were not suspended: Jordan (2), Casillas, Ellis, Johnson, and Wilson.

Vilma was the only player suspended that got a hit on Newton or Rodgers and that hit came in the Week 5 game (14:11 left in the 2nd quarter and was not flagged), however this article clearly states the Week 17 game was when there was an alleged bounty on Newton. That brings up another question, in Week 17 what exactly would be the purpose of targeting the rookie QB of a 6-9 team that's long been out of contention of a playoff spot? Hell, even going into the Week 5 game y'all were only 1-3. Targeting Rodgers at least makes sense considering they were just coming off a Super Bowl win (and ended up securing the #1 seed in 2011), but targeting a QB that went 6-10? LOL, no.

Ah, Mike Ornstein! I was waiting for someone to bring up the 2-time-convicted felon. Real standup character guy he is, committing mail fraud in 1995 and then scalping Super Bowl tickets (that were obtained at face value) for profit from 1998-2006. He's a large part of the reason Super Bowl tickets are absurdly overpriced and even a pain in the *** to obtain so if you had trouble getting Super Bowl 50 tickets, be sure to shake his hand if you ever meet him.

Again, a "pay-for-injury" system never occurred. A "pay-for-performance" system, more than likely, not like you know the difference anyway; but a "pay-for-injury" system? No, and the injury data backs that up. Still waiting for you to provide any data you've found contradicting the injury data I've previously provided.

The only thing sad about it was a man was robbed of a year of his career and then the chicken**** League tried to have him fired by convincing two other owners to get Benson on board. But Benson told them to pound sand and now Payton will likely outlast Rivera like he has the other 7 NFC South coaches that were hired and fired since 2006.

:shades:

And that premature ruling was rightfully overturned by Paul Tagliabue, exonerating all players of any wrongdoing and saying Goodell overstepped his power. THAT is your final ruling and matter of record, not the garbage Goodell flung at the wall and tried to make stick. When your former boss has to be called back into the office to fix your massive ****-up, it speaks volumes to the ineptitude that has been in the commissioner chair since 2006.

The fact that the League for decades denied the correlation between the football induced head trauma and CTE doesn't help the argument that the League is, or ever has been, even remotely trustworthy.

Also, why are y'all both copying from Wikipedia? Can't y'all form your own argument about this instead of e-vomiting someone else's opinion back?

I promise you, this is not a route you want to go.

82C8285B-D6FC-4A98-B16E-424681A9EFE5.jpeg.e80b1b577d6059caed6053ecc39545a8.jpeg

:tongue:

57257152_294629748098803_436354353922722

  • Pie 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Iron Saint said:

Not leaving BS laying around

The only place Saint come out of the bounty issue totally vindicated is in their own minds. 

Quote

Tagliabue, appointed by commissioner Roger Goodell to handle the appeals, still found that three of the players engaged in conduct detrimental to the league. He said they participated in a performance pool that rewarded key plays -- including bone-jarring hits -- that could merit fines. But he stressed the team's coaches were very much involved.

The entire case, he said, "has been contaminated by the coaches and others in the Saints' organization."

The team's "coaches and managers led a deliberate, unprecedented and effective effort to obstruct the NFL's investigation," the ruling said.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2019 at 7:00 PM, GeorgiaBoyz said:

I’m bragging about curb stumping you “we loss better in our SBs” ass Dick riders . Clowns lmfaooo 

FA1F66DB-0388-4AB5-85A4-59B4C70F6E00.jpeg

Screenshot_2019-05-19-06-27-39.thumb.png.2c6a6b6f4b73832ee2246587c730cb1a.png

Good job beating us in the regular season, we have higher goals

  • Pie 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Iron Saint said:

I already debunked the myth that Favre or Warner were ever targeted through their own words, if you're going to believe the League over the own players' words themselves then you're just a lost cause.

As for Rodgers and Newton, Rodgers was hit 5 times in Week 1. 3 of those 5 hits were on legal sacks. The remaining two hits weren't flagged. All 5 hits were by players that were not suspended: Casillas, McBride, Galette, Harper, and Ellis.

Newton was hit 3 times in Week 5 and 4 times in Week 17. 3 of those 7 hits in two games also were on legal sacks. Of those 7 total hits PFR counted, 6 were by by players that were not suspended: Jordan (2), Casillas, Ellis, Johnson, and Wilson.

Vilma was the only player suspended that got a hit on Newton or Rodgers and that hit came in the Week 5 game (14:11 left in the 2nd quarter and was not flagged), however this article clearly states the Week 17 game was when there was an alleged bounty on Newton. That brings up another question, in Week 17 what exactly would be the purpose of targeting the rookie QB of a 6-9 team that's long been out of contention of a playoff spot? Hell, even going into the Week 5 game y'all were only 1-3. Targeting Rodgers at least makes sense considering they were just coming off a Super Bowl win (and ended up securing the #1 seed in 2011), but targeting a QB that went 6-10? LOL, no.

Ah, Mike Ornstein! I was waiting for someone to bring up the 2-time-convicted felon. Real standup character guy he is, committing mail fraud in 1995 and then scalping Super Bowl tickets (that were obtained at face value) for profit from 1998-2006. He's a large part of the reason Super Bowl tickets are absurdly overpriced and even a pain in the *** to obtain so if you had trouble getting Super Bowl 50 tickets, be sure to shake his hand if you ever meet him.

Again, a "pay-for-injury" system never occurred. A "pay-for-performance" system, more than likely, not like you know the difference anyway; but a "pay-for-injury" system? No, and the injury data backs that up. Still waiting for you to provide any data you've found contradicting the injury data I've previously provided.

The only thing sad about it was a man was robbed of a year of his career and then the chicken**** League tried to have him fired by convincing two other owners to get Benson on board. But Benson told them to pound sand and now Payton will likely outlast Rivera like he has the other 7 NFC South coaches that were hired and fired since 2006.

:shades:

And that premature ruling was rightfully overturned by Paul Tagliabue, exonerating all players of any wrongdoing and saying Goodell overstepped his power. THAT is your final ruling and matter of record, not the garbage Goodell flung at the wall and tried to make stick. When your former boss has to be called back into the office to fix your massive ****-up, it speaks volumes to the ineptitude that has been in the commissioner chair since 2006.

The fact that the League for decades denied the correlation between the football induced head trauma and CTE doesn't help the argument that the League is, or ever has been, even remotely trustworthy.

Also, why are y'all both copying from Wikipedia? Can't y'all form your own argument about this instead of e-vomiting someone else's opinion back?

 

 

:tongue:

There is a difference here between Sean "Trollface" Payton and Cam Newton. Cam isn't a manipulating dirtbag con artist HC like he is making plans to go out and telling his team  "If you do these things in a game I will pay you each a big paycheck if you win any way you can and by any means necessary". Cam goes out and tries to play without deliberate injuries put on him by other teams especially the AINTS. Sean "Trollface" Payton deserved the suspension he had gotten and it should have been a lot longer even being fired which was the better choice for a trash pile but the NFL felt sorry for him and allowed him to stay and continue to coach dirty in the land of swamps and cesspools.

Point is if Payton hadn't went out and planned and to pay his players to deliberately hurt specific key players on opposing teams he wouldn't have been implicated and suspended like he was. Many of Aints players were involved but made convincing stories to get away with what they were part of and did.

And btw, This was an NFL news story not Wiki as proof of this.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/18/2019 at 7:30 PM, steven8989 said:

57257152_294629748098803_436354353922722

C’mon now, if you’re not going to make your own memes then I’m not going to spend the time to make mine. 

6eb.jpg

This isn’t as fun as if we were making our own though. 

:crying:

On 5/19/2019 at 5:15 AM, Sasquatch said:

The only place Saint come out of the bounty issue totally vindicated is in their own minds. 

From the quote you just posted, “He said they participated in a performance pool that rewarded key plays — including bone-jarring hits — that could merit fines.”

A “performance pool”, not an “injury pool”. That’s a far cry from the “pay-to-injure” scheme picture the League painted from the time the story dropped until that quote.

On 5/19/2019 at 6:45 AM, rbsponsel52 said:

There is a difference here between Sean "Trollface" Payton and Cam Newton. Cam isn't a manipulating dirtbag con artist HC like he is making plans to go out and telling his team  "If you do these things in a game I will pay you each a big paycheck if you win any way you can and by any means necessary". Cam goes out and tries to play without deliberate injuries put on him by other teams especially the AINTS. Sean "Trollface" Payton deserved the suspension he had gotten and it should have been a lot longer even being fired which was the better choice for a trash pile but the NFL felt sorry for him and allowed him to stay and continue to coach dirty in the land of swamps and cesspools.

Point is if Payton hadn't went out and planned and to pay his players to deliberately hurt specific key players on opposing teams he wouldn't have been implicated and suspended like he was. Many of Aints players were involved but made convincing stories to get away with what they were part of and did.

And btw, This was an NFL news story not Wiki as proof of this.

What part of “the injury data disproves any notion there was a ‘pay-to-injure’ scheme” don’t you understand? The fact that you still believe that fiction shows you didn’t follow the development of the story and only paid attention the first few days when the story broke and will hold onto that reporting as fact even when it was proven to be false.

And it absolutely is from Wikipedia, not only do all the hyperlinks in that section you quoted redirect to their specific Wikipedia pages, but the section you quoted is word-for-word from the “Bountygate” Wikipedia page, the 3rd paragraph under the “Findings revealed” heading.

You need a better argument if all you can do is quote Wikipedia and hurl insults. 

:tongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, I figure y’all would get a kick out of this. I made this earlier off something the Falcons posted and instead of starting a new thread, I’ll drop it here.

 

1E758FFC-EE9B-4292-BA85-88E56B4B7A8A.jpeg

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Iron Saint said:

Also, I figure y’all would get a kick out of this. I made this earlier off something the Falcons posted and instead of starting a new thread, I’ll drop it here.

 

1E758FFC-EE9B-4292-BA85-88E56B4B7A8A.jpeg

At least Falcons don't play dirty like Aints do.

 

Saints-fans-whining-about-the-refs-e1548092943935.jpg

Edited by rbsponsel52

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone who watched the 09 NFC Championship game("Give me my money"), listened to the 2011 Greg Williams tape, or just watched the 09-11 Saints understands there was a pay to injure program.  To try to gray the waters and say it was for performance is disingenuous and a waste of everyone's time.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also just realized I quipped about "wasting everyone's time" on an internet Panthers forum in the off season.  ^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...