- Still young and considered a gifted offensive mind
- He and Cam would do well together
- Was brought up under a couple of successful coaches in NFL and college
- Comes from a culture of winning and success
- Would hopefully have Caserio as his GM which would be a helluva pairing in the front office
- I'm not confident in the Belichick Tree of Coordinators-turned-coaches as being successful outside of Foxboro
- Cheaters in NE and was caught bringing that garbage to Denver by filming the 49ers
- Has had the GOAT under center in NE to deliver his vision
- Had a rough first go-round as HC being arrogant, egotistical and rubbing people the wrong way with his personnel decisions
Bottom line for me is that he is near the top of available candidates and I would have a hard time arguing an available coach that is far and away better than McDaniels. I would also have a hard time finding an available coach (McCarthy, Harbaugh, Roman, Garrett, Stephanski, Rhule, Saleh) that doesn't have weaknesses and warts, though different than McD.
I'll leave the decision to the guys being paid to know this stuff better than me and my opinions. He's not my #1, but I also wouldn't cry if we hired him. Regardless, The Huddle will burn as soon as the new coach/GM are announced...whoever it turns out to be, so what can you do.