Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

ncfan

Official general NFL Draft Day 2 open thread

2 minutes ago, Growl said:

Given the possibility  that the Panthers could potentially need to enter the QB rat race next draft I don't feel comfortable  giving up picks there. 

Id actually prefer to ship off some 5-7 picks for future middlish round picks to partially prepare for that contingency. 

Not me. If Cam is in trouble then we are picking high next year and the 3rd isn’t going to be enough to move us much anyway. The 2nd and future 1st would have to be used. If Cam is Ok then we just need a backup and we would have gotten a ton of value for a pick that ended up lower than expected. This draft suits us so I’d like to get as much as possible. If we stay put, I’m cool as well lots that I like left. 

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, stbugs said:

Not me. If Cam is in trouble then we are picking high next year and the 3rd isn’t going to be enough to move us much anyway. The 2nd and future 1st would have to be used. If Cam is Ok then we just need a backup and we would have gotten a ton of value for a pick that ended up lower than expected. This draft suits us so I’d like to get as much as possible. If we stay put, I’m cool as well lots that I like left. 

Cam was in trouble last season and we picked in the literal middle of the draft.  3rd round picks have been hugely functional in first round movement. 

15 minutes ago, Growl said:

Cam was in trouble last season and we picked in the literal middle of the draft.  3rd round picks have been hugely functional in first round movement. 

Well Hurney effed up a few things last year. Primarily, he ignored OL completely even though it appeared as if we’d lose Williams, Norwell, Matt and Ryan that year/2019. We might still lose Williams in 2020. I’d rather address Cam’s support this year as next year’s OL draft isn’t supposed to be good. That’s all. I’m fine standing pat but I don’t want to lose this year’s capital especially on a bust waiting to happen like Little. 

6 hours ago, ncfan said:

Ferrell that high probably the biggest reach and shocker in the draft

Rapp that high over some of these other safeties after trading off Mack and Cooper and sending home all their scouts this week

Yeah maybe it isnt a dumpster fire

It just depends on where the teams had him rated.

Mel Kiper and the bunch don’t know anything and the teams do their own scouting.

so maybe he was a top 10 on many boards just like Sweat and Taylor went down in flames— teams don’t care what our first pick simulators say or Mel or Walter.

i was shocked too for what it was worth.

yep the best part of tonight is knowing that the aints and the falcons have just 1 pick combined while everyone around them gets better.

5 hours ago, Growl said:

I'd rather trade back into the 2nd than move up in it. 

There's a lot of plug and play talent for us at positions like FS and CB. OL and Edge secondarily but there as well. 

H2.0.  Don’t fug this up. 

2 minutes ago, sml1950 said:

NFC South day 2 picks-

Atl- 0

NO- 84

TB-39, 70

Panthers- 47, 77, 100

Hell yeah.  If this is done right we can really close the gap in this division.  I never like the approach of trading all your pucks bc you think you are just one player away.