Jump to content
Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Squirrel

Avengers: Endgame discussion with spoilers

Recommended Posts

Top 3 Most Convenient Things From Endgame:

1) Cap returning all the stones to their right place and time
2) Nebula and Gamora being on Thanos' ship when Other Nebula brought it to the future
3) A rat saving the entire universe by bringing Antman back

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


6 minutes ago, Still Brooklyn said:

Because they time jumped. It had already happened (the snap), and Nebula (future/present) was already alive when she killed a past version of herself. You're correct in saying that alternate timelines happened at that point, but Cap corrected everything in the end.

I don't like Hulk's logic about how "... if you travel to the past, that past becomes your future, and your former present becomes the past. Which can’t now be changed by your new future." The past is the past, man.

like I said I don't think creating alternate timelines is a problem, I think the big issue was taking the stones from one timeline to another timeline. the hulk and the ancient one only seemed to care that the stones were placed back, they never said anything about time travel itself. all that said I never thought I would be having a discussion about time travel on the huddle. I guess the Russo brothers got what they wanted. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Still Brooklyn said:

Top 3 Most Convenient Things From Endgame:

1) Cap returning all the stones to their right place and time
2) Nebula and Gamora being on Thanos' ship when Other Nebula brought it to the future
3) A rat saving the entire universe by bringing Antman back

how do you return the soul stone?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2019 at 4:30 PM, Moorgan said:

Are you seriously complaining about time travel in the Super Hero Movie of all Super Hero movies? You're upset that time travel didn't make sense in a world with the god of thunder?

In the standard of what Marvel has put out, they could have done a lot better.  They didn't.  For me, the 22 movie saga didn't go out with a bang.  It went out as some extended fan service movie that felt like it was trying too hard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another issue that zero people have talked about is how most of the people that are brought back would actually die as "5-years later Earth" doesn't have the resources at the ready to support them through a time of transition to bring our infrastructure back up to speed.

Spidey's classmates?  All the same age as him 5 years after the fact.  That's an amazing coincidence.

Return the soulstone?  Do we get our sacrifice back?  Aether?  Fun with Dick and Jane, I suppose.  Tessaract?  Loki's gotta get that TV special for Disney's new platform!  Mind stone?  How are we fitting that back into the scepter with no one noticing?

Hail Hydra.  Lift the hammer.  Stock inspirational speech.  All women superheroes to a posterboard pose for the battle.  Everybody knows to walk through the magical circles of light to join the end battle without question.  Stock shots of utterly gratuitous cameos for the purpose of slapping poo up on the screen to say we did it.

Bust up consistencies in shared history to lead to inexplicable continuities for future events... because.... magic!  But we can't bring Gamora and Widow back because.... rules!  But it's okay: we have old/new Gamora where Quill romance/fun will have to be rebuilt (I have more faith in Gunn making this actually work).  Return primary villain to some dude with an undefined motivation for the purposes of having fight scenes.

Nah... the important thing is everybody's character get's to say "hi!" in one movie.

fug that.  Give me another round of Infinity War before we're treated to another round of this tripe.  The reality is that GoT hit all of the beats way better in its last two episodes than Endgame could deliver.

Edited by twylyght

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Still Brooklyn said:

Top 3 Most Convenient Things From Endgame:

1) Cap returning all the stones to their right place and time
2) Nebula and Gamora being on Thanos' ship when Other Nebula brought it to the future
3) A rat saving the entire universe by bringing Antman back

I love posts like these because fans can't accept coincidences to help the story move forward but we're good on the fact that there is a talking racoon that travels to a planet inhabited by Nordic Gods to stab a human who has a substance running through her body that can bend reality itself? Oh and this was all accomplished with a time machine that someone made up seemingly in a single day. 

  • Pie 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SOJA said:

I love posts like these because fans can't accept coincidences to help the story move forward but we're good on the fact that there is a talking racoon that travels to a planet inhabited by Nordic Gods to stab a human who has a substance running through her body that can bend reality itself? Oh and this was all accomplished with a time machine that someone made up seemingly in a single day. 

It can be a fine line. Some things are too much too handle (mothers named Martha) and others (time travel issues in a movie world that had a god, a tree and a raccoon forge a titan killing axe in the heart of a dying star with a giant dwarf) are easier to swallow. I'll accept that everyone has their own personal line that they're comfortable with. If Twylyght can't accept the time travel thing then so be it. That's his line.

My daughter keeps pointing out super hero things when I try to take it a bit too seriously. There's a ton in every movie. I've chosen to sit back and enjoy. I like it better this way. We've had 20 or so movies deliberately not ending to set up this end movie of all end movies. I can forgive them the gratuitous ending movie because the anticipation has been unprecedented. Will watch again.

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2019 at 8:49 AM, twylyght said:

Another issue that zero people have talked about is how most of the people that are brought back would actually die as "5-years later Earth" doesn't have the resources at the ready to support them through a time of transition to bring our infrastructure back up to speed.

Spidey's classmates?  All the same age as him 5 years after the fact.  That's an amazing coincidence.

Return the soulstone?  Do we get our sacrifice back?  Aether?  Fun with Dick and Jane, I suppose.  Tessaract?  Loki's gotta get that TV special for Disney's new platform!  Mind stone?  How are we fitting that back into the scepter with no one noticing?

Hail Hydra.  Lift the hammer.  Stock inspirational speech.  All women superheroes to a posterboard pose for the battle.  Everybody knows to walk through the magical circles of light to join the end battle without question.  Stock shots of utterly gratuitous cameos for the purpose of slapping poo up on the screen to say we did it.

Bust up consistencies in shared history to lead to inexplicable continuities for future events... because.... magic!  But we can't bring Gamora and Widow back because.... rules!  But it's okay: we have old/new Gamora where Quill romance/fun will have to be rebuilt (I have more faith in Gunn making this actually work).  Return primary villain to some dude with an undefined motivation for the purposes of having fight scenes.

Nah... the important thing is everybody's character get's to say "hi!" in one movie.

fug that.  Give me another round of Infinity War before we're treated to another round of this tripe.  The reality is that GoT hit all of the beats way better in its last two episodes than Endgame could deliver.

I think you're nitpicking too much here. Im sure not all of Spidey's friends got dusted. But Im sure enough did to fill up a school hallway in at the end of the movie. Not a huge deal.

Returning the soul stone? No one knows on that one. That'll probably be left to a sequel.

Cap lifting the hammer was badass. And yeah the girl power scene was a bit cheesy but I bet a lot of kids and little girls thought it was really cool and that's fine by me. And I just assumed Dr. Stranged briefed everyone on what to do and when the battle would start.

The film definitely isn't as good as Infinity War but I still thought it was a really good film. My issue was that they nurtured Hulk and didn't give him a rematch against Thanos. I've been waiting for that for a year and didn't get it. I also wasn't a fan of killing Thanos in the first 10 minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, OneBadCat said:

I think you're nitpicking too much here. Im sure not all of Spidey's friends got dusted. But Im sure enough did to fill up a school hallway in at the end of the movie. Not a huge deal.

Returning the soul stone? No one knows on that one. That'll probably be left to a sequel.

Cap lifting the hammer was badass. And yeah the girl power scene was a bit cheesy but I bet a lot of kids and little girls thought it was really cool and that's fine by me. And I just assumed Dr. Stranged briefed everyone on what to do and when the battle would start.

The film definitely isn't as good as Infinity War but I still thought it was a really good film. My issue was that they nurtured Hulk and didn't give him a rematch against Thanos. I've been waiting for that for a year and didn't get it. I also wasn't a fan of killing Thanos in the first 10 minutes.

If the trailers for Far from Home are any indication, all of Spidey's friends got dusted.  The chances of that are ridiculous if the dusting of Infinity war was supposed to be random.

When I watched the film, everything that was splashed up on the screen wasn't really there to service a story, but some means of wedging in something that someone thought was cool.  The rest of it was a poor dressing to garner some hackneyed excuse to staple it on.  The more I think on it, the more it plays out like a sixth grader's collage of their favorite comic book panels.  No rhyme or reason... just something cool to look at

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, countryboi said:

 

Multiverse confirmed and some other Endgame tidbits

 

 

I can't help but wonder if the Multiverse talk is a misdirection by Mysterio and he's actually just using the snap to pretend to be a superhero from another Earth and he's actually creating those monsters seen in the trailer.

  • Pie 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cary Kollins said:

 

 

I can't help but wonder if the Multiverse talk is a misdirection by Mysterio and he's actually just using the snap to pretend to be a superhero from another Earth and he's actually creating those monsters seen in the trailer.

Probably start out good, end bad-ish.

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Cary Kollins said:

 

 

I can't help but wonder if the Multiverse talk is a misdirection by Mysterio and he's actually just using the snap to pretend to be a superhero from another Earth and he's actually creating those monsters seen in the trailer.

Well done. I don't much remember Mysterio from the comics other than he was a bad guy who used illusions. So this explanation going in makes the most sense with what I've already expected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Cary Kollins said:

 

 

I can't help but wonder if the Multiverse talk is a misdirection by Mysterio and he's actually just using the snap to pretend to be a superhero from another Earth and he's actually creating those monsters seen in the trailer.

That's what he does in the comics I believe. He wants the attention.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...