Jump to content
Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

JakeDel5674

The official Game 4 New York Islanders vs Carolina Hurricanes Thread 5/3 700 PM NBCSN

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Mother Grabber said:

I'm with the Columbus fans on this one.  McAvoy should be watching the rest of this game on TV.

We may be the ones benefitting...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


16 minutes ago, Mother Grabber said:

looks like we have our Eastern Conference finals.  Off to Boston we go.

I hate the Bruins and wanted home ice but one plus side for me is now I can go to the games here...

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn't sure I heard correctly, but did they say Rask had 49 saves in a shut out last night?

Man...

I feel like we can beat any team at this point, but the only thing that concerns me is a hot goalie.

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, t96 said:

I hate the Bruins and wanted home ice but one plus side for me is now I can go to the games here...

Yeah, Boston is the only remaining team I would legitimately HATE to lose against. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Mother Grabber said:

i lived in san jose the last 10 years. fug the Sheearks

Definitely don't want them to win. They are the last remaining team we would have to worry about in terms of home ice advantage. 

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Definitely don't want them to win. They are the last remaining team we would have to worry about in terms of home ice advantage. 

that's a very good point.  Traveling to StL or Dallas is much less of a problem.  Go Bloos!

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fug Boston.

Fug Pastrnak, Marchand and Bergeron. Unfortunately, I don't think we match up well with them and this will be a tough series. Not to mention Boston has been the recipient of an entire season worth of officiating "benefit of the doubts" and I don't expect Carolina to catch any breaks there.

Just hope no one gets hurt, because there's a handful of guys on that roster who are known to throw some cheap shots. 

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Fug Boston.

Fug Pastrnak, Marchand and Bergeron. Unfortunately, I don't think we match up well with them and this will be a tough series. Not to mention Boston has been the recipient of an entire season worth of officiating "benefit of the doubts" and I don't expect Carolina to catch any breaks there.

Just hope no one gets hurt, because there's a handful of guys on that roster who are known to throw some cheap shots. 

Yeah, that was really why I wanted no part of them. I do not want to have to suffer through how goddamn physical they are when we are so banged up. Plus add in that Rask is hot. Although, Lehner was hot before he faced us, so I guess there is that. 

But, fug it. Let's go in and bounce another hated team and league/ref darling. Already did it to the Caps.

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, that was really why I wanted no part of them. I do not want to have to suffer through how goddamn physical they are when we are so banged up. Plus add in that Rask is hot. Although, Lehner was hot before he faced us, so I guess there is that. 

But, fug it. Let's go in and bounce another hated team and league/ref darling. Already did it to the Caps.

Bruins aren’t really that physical any more. They are cheap because they’re not tough enough to play clean physical hockey so definitely need to watch out for that, but I think we can handle the physical game. Caps are way more physical than the Bruins. If Staal’s line can handle their top line and keep them in check I think we’re in pretty good shape. The thing I worry about the most by far is the special teams. Our kill was good in the regular season but has been absolute trash in the playoffs, even against the Islanders whose PP isn’t good. And don’t get me started on our PP. Stay out of the box this series and we’ll win. Easier said than done with the refs on the Bruins side.

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, t96 said:

Bruins aren’t really that physical any more. They are cheap because they’re not tough enough to play clean physical hockey so definitely need to watch out for that, but I think we can handle the physical game. Caps are way more physical than the Bruins. If Staal’s line can handle their top line and keep them in check I think we’re in pretty good shape. The thing I worry about the most by far is the special teams. Our kill was good in the regular season but has been absolute trash in the playoffs, even against the Islanders whose PP isn’t good. And don’t get me started on our PP. Stay out of the box this series and we’ll win. Easier said than done with the refs on the Bruins side.

That's a good point, they are more dirty than they are physical. I am definitely more worried about our kill than I am our PP. I am honestly at the point where I would rather petition for the option to just decline the man advantage. How many times have you seen our offensive flow completely wrecked by our power play? Unreal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

Wasn't sure I heard correctly, but did they say Rask had 49 saves in a shut out last night?

Man...

I feel like we can beat any team at this point, but the only thing that concerns me is a hot goalie.

39 saves

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...