Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Jeremy Igo

Hurney says some teams had a first round grade in Will Grier.

3 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

On WFNZ Hurndog said some teams had a first round grade on Grier.

Not sure this passes the smell test. QB is far too valuable for every team to pass on him in the third if some had a first round grade on Grier.

Not buying.

This

It has the same smell of Gettleman telling people 2 other teams wouldve taken Daniel Jones before 17

I could see a handful of teams giving him rd2 grades.

But rd1.....come on

• Pie 2

yea..

and i’m getting roadhead from belle delphine right now

• Pie 2
  • The D 1

Yeah, we did because Hurney did. And we drafted 3 1st round graded guys this year...

Look, I hope he can be a solid addition, I'm just not going to belive any hype until he proves something.

Did Hurney buy a chicken farm because that is what this smells like

He is trying to justify his decision in case this was ultimately a bad one down the road. 

yeaah um is this the same guy that traded up for Armanti Edwards?

Keep listening to what other teams are telling ya, Hurndog

• Pie 2

30 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

On WFNZ Hurndog said some teams had a first round grade on Grier.

Not sure this passes the smell test. QB is far too valuable for every team to pass on him in the third if some had a first round grade on Grier.

Not buying.

If they did, it was probably back in Summer '18. He didn't play so hot as they hoped for. Still a good pick though.

Hurney has a tradition of promoting his picks after making them--sometimes 4 years after.  I remember one interview where he was talking about his picks, referencing Johnson, and Kalil as former "non-first round" picks that became some of the "highest paid players at their positions." 

He paid them.

I also remember that he once referred to Godfrey's salary as a benchmark for effectiveness. 

It is a bit disheartening when he feels the need to sell his picks to us.  I do not care where the player was on another team's board (or how he knows), but I care how they work out on the field.  Who cares if you get the best deal on a car if that car breaks down when you drive it off the lot?

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 3