Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Jeremy Igo

The Carolina Panthers Ring of Under Appreciated

6 minutes ago, TN05 said:

Michael Bates. The best kick returner in the game when he played here, and one of the best pure talents we've ever had on the team. Some of his highlights are truly insane.

Bates was nasty.

But he was also a Pro Bowler probably every season in uniform.   All depends on what underrated means I guess.  Lot of younger Panther fans definitely don't know him. 

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, XOBlackxJokerOX said:

Can Dan Morgan get some love?

If he could have stayed healthy, Dan Morgan could have been Luke Kuechly before Luke was.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

Most of you need to understand the definition of under appreciated - this isn't a list of fan favorites. 

Wharton

Wallace

Hangartner

Munnerlyn

• Pie 1

No matter how much appreciation Newton gets, its never enough. He carried this whole team to the SB.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

4 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Yeah, but that lateral in Minnesota though...

True. 

Such a fluky game. A Brad Johnson led Vikings, longwell completes a fake fg pass for a td, Keyshawn was our leading receiver for the game followed by Drew Carter. 

Chris Draft was our leading tackler followed by Shaun Williams. 

Rosario Dawson.

Never forget San Diego 2008 opener

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

Don’t recall tha MIN game, now I want to know....

wish i I could give Chaos more beer/pies.....”our 45 is better than their 45..” is a quote by who? Yeeeeaaahhhhh.....

loved me some Brenton Bersin, DT was always swatting down passes... know he was only here a few years but loved that dude.... coaching in AZ now, or was I know....

Edited by j2sgam
  • Pie 1

DeShaun Foster -- the guy was a heck of an RB and instrumental in 2003 and 2005

Tutan Reyes --  King Tut was sturdy as a guard and had one of the coolest names ever.

Wil Witherspoon -- The team had to choose between keeping Spoon or Morgan, I think we chose wrong. One of the smartest guys to ever wear the Panthers uniform, he was everything you could need in an OLB for a 4-3 defense.

Dan Morgan -- solid tackler, had a nose for the ball, was notoriously rough on fellow teammates, ending the career of one RB before it ever started.

Jordan Carstens -- the definition of country strong, Jordan's career was cut short by kidney problems. He really could have been a great DT had he been given a couple more years.

Brentson Buckner -- Buckner was the guy you didn't want to get caught in a pile-up with. The master of the uncalled holding penalty Buckner made running backs head for the edges just to avoid a cheap shot or a gouge. Nasty player but sometimes you need a villain on defense.

Nic Goings -- The guy who just kept showing up in case he was needed. He always found a way to contribute and was a lunchpail player if there ever was one. Good situational RB who shined out in 2005 when he was needed -- one Seattle concussion away from greatness.

• Pie 2