Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

JakeDel5674

ECF Game 2 Carolina Hurricanes vs Boston Bruins Thread 3 PM 5-12 NBC

4 minutes ago, t96 said:

I guarantee I’ve seen much more Bruins hockey than you and having nothing to do with the series against us right now they really just are not a championship caliber team. Coaching or personnel wise. This is an insane year that gave them a cakewalk to the SCF if they do beat us but the Sharks are a significantly better team. And Rask has been great so far but is a known choker on the big stage. If they get there he’s going to fold and they’ll be done.

What cakewalk did the Bruins go through? A Toronto team that many thought would win the cup and a Columbus team that swept Tampa?

I’ve seen the Sharks play quite a few games as well and they are riding old names and legs in this year’s playoffs.

The Sharks are even lucky to be this far after getting a gift from the referee’s.

Boston has been playing great hockey since December and look to be the best team in the playoffs thus far. If they fold fine, but that doesn’t look like it’s in the cards this year.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Beer 1

30 minutes ago, ecu88 said:

Get da fuh outta here with your Debbie Downer ass

Looks around the thread. LOL at Debbie Downer. Maybe you guys need to be more realistic? Seems the rest of the thread is. 

5 minutes ago, YoungPanthers89 said:

All you Johnny come latelys were crying after game 2 against Wsh too 

We really should have switched goalies after 3 goals, at least to get the look. No point in switching at the beginning at game three in front of the home crowd to pull a Anderson and throw an interception in the first drive. We need to get our confidence straight and skate fuging faster(with the puck).

3 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Aright, 5 quick goals and we got this in OT.

There's the positivity and insanity we're looking for! 

13 minutes ago, YoungPanthers89 said:

All you Johnny come latelys were crying after game 2 against Wsh too 

Pretty sure I wasn't. We looked good that game for the most part. Shrugs. 

Plus, I've seen 15-20 Canes games since 2013, and was there in a Suite for the Playoff clinicher this year. Don't give me that bull poo come lately here. I've watched enough of shitty Cam Ward to earn my stripes. 

9 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

We really should have switched goalies after 3 goals, at least to get the look. No point in switching at the beginning at game three in front of the home crowd to pull a Anderson and throw an interception in the first drive. We need to get our confidence straight and skate fuging faster(with the puck).

If we get down early then make the switch...and if coach makes it, got to stick with it

Tornado warning just hit near where I’m at in Virginia.

Looks like #TakeWarning didn’t quite make it to Boston.

Edited by MillionDollarCam

4 minutes ago, bull123 said:

If we get down early then make the switch...and if coach makes it, got to stick with it

He’s slow. I will say that. Goal 5 was right in between and shouldn’t have ever happened. Bet his groin is still pulling bad. 

Use the crowd, use our speed and stop it with this horrible puck play.

I rage quit after the second period. I HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE everything about Boston.

• Pie 1

29 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

What cakewalk did the Bruins go through? A Toronto team that many thought would win the cup and a Columbus team that swept Tampa?

I’ve seen the Sharks play quite a few games as well and they are riding old names and legs in this year’s playoffs.

The Sharks are even lucky to be this far after getting a gift from the referee’s.

Boston has been playing great hockey since December and look to be the best team in the playoffs thus far. If they fold fine, but that doesn’t look like it’s in the cards this year.

A Toronto team that many thought would win the cup”

LOL literally not a single person in the entire NHL community who isn’t a Leafs an thought they’d win the cup. They are a terrible team, poorly coached with no defense and a bunch of chokers on offense. Columbus sweeping Tampa is an aberration and happened due to so many factors. The BJs are not and never were a good team this season, even with the deadline acquisitions. And while we have played well and surprised a lot we simply are not a very talented team either. We shouldn’t have made it this far if not for some insane heart and effort at times and that can only get you so far. The Bruins have not proved a thing at all in the playoffs except that they can be carried by Rask for a short time period. And given his track record it’s safe to assume he won’t keep it up either the rest of this series or for the finals. 

Sharks shouldn’t have had a 5 man advantage, you are right. But at the end of the day they scored 4 goals on one 5min PP and won in OT. They deserved to win that series against arguably the best team in the league going into the playoffs. And you could not be more wrong about the Sharks “riding” old legs. Guys like Pavelski and Thornton are merely complementary leaders on that team. Burns and EK are dominant and guys like Meier, Couture, Hertl are the core of their forwards along with great support from the likes of Kane and the veterans. They are without a doubt the best overall team left in the playoffs. We’ll see what happens

Rough one. Gotta take the next two. If we don't, running the table through 7 is nigh impossible

• Pie 1

I think Curtis in net and HEAVY focus on killing the Bruins power play need to be the focus from now until Tuesday.  We outskated them last game aside from the PP's, and same today honestly even late into the 2nd...then it came unhinged.  We have to stop letting them get to the net on PP's and just feasting on rebounds.  Absolutely murdering us in that department.  

It'd be nice if Carolina could find a power play as well...I mean could you imagine if they had even just an average PP?  The series would be tied right now.