Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Harbingers

Totally angling for a war...

The opening couple of paragraphs are downright scary to those of us who have been a part of large scale military operations:

"Acting Defense Secretary Patrick Shanahan presented a military plan at a meeting of top national security officials last week that would send as many as 120,000 US troops to the Middle East in the event that Iran strikes American forces in the region or speeds up its development of nuclear weapons, The New York Times reported Monday.

The Times said the plan, which does not call for a land invasion of Iran, was ordered in part by national security adviser John Bolton.
Citing administration officials, the Times said it is unknown whether President Donald Trump has been briefed on the plan, including the number of troops. The Times said the meeting occurred days after the Trump administration cited "specific and credible" intelligence last week that suggested Iranian forces and proxies were targeting US forces in Syria, Iraq and at sea."

1. The plans were ordered by an advisor to an acting Secretary of Defense. Nowhere is the supposed Commander in Chief mentioned.
2. There would not be a "speeding up of its development of nuclear weapons" had Trump not bailed from the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (the real name of the Iran nuclear deal).
3. Nobody knows if the Commander in Chief is aware of a plan to send 120,000 troops overseas to start a war a security advisor has been promising for a couple years? Really?
4. "Specific and credible intel...." Remember Bolton was one of those who tried to cover up the Iran-Contra deal and was all in on the Iraqi WMD farce.

And for those of you unfamiliar with Bolton's stand-up routine:

“The inescapable conclusion is that Iran will not negotiate away its nuclear program. Nor will sanctions block its building a broad and deep weapons infrastructure,” Bolton wrote in a 2015 New York Times column headlined, “To Stop Iran’s Bomb, Bomb Iran.”

“The inconvenient truth is that only military action like Israel’s 1981 attack on Saddam Hussein’s Osirak reactor in Iraq or its 2007 destruction of a Syrian reactor, designed and built by North Korea, can accomplish what is required. Time is terribly short, but a strike can still succeed.”

“We are confident that Saddam Hussein has hidden weapons of mass destruction and production facilities in Iraq,” Bolton said in 2002 while serving as President George W. Bush’s under secretary of state for Arms Control and International Security. There were not, of course, hidden weapons of mass destruction and production facilities in Iraq, but in 2015, Bolton said he had no regrets.

Edited by Anybodyhome
  • Pie 3

Nothing builds trust like war, right?  I don't want to test the theory that Trump could somehow stay in office because he started a war in Iran.

A war in Iran would be HORRIFIC.  The flow of extremists, nuke secrets, and their conventional forces will increase the blood cost of this war exponentially.

How many Trumper liked him because he was non-interventionist?  I wonder how they would feel about getting involved in a bloody war in Iran that only make the world and the US less safe?

Just like Trump was going to "war" in Syria, not. They thought they had their "war" there.

The neocons can beat drums all they want, they will not get the war they want to avoid getting indicted.

Promises will be kept, swamp bedamned Democrat or Republican.

By the way for those who can read and comprehend:

http://theamericanreport.org/2019/05/12/comey-launched-trump-russia-investigation-day-after-general-exposed-the-hammer/

The real war is happening already and the good guys aren't who the huddle thinks.

President Trump isn't going anywhere. That media brainwash is pretty strong but they will be made to tell you guys the truth. The president is not your enemy.

I don't have the time to dig up the source but supposedly the military looked into the president pre-election and they couldn't find anything major he could be charged with so he was acceptable. Anybody who knew that knew that knew Mueller would come up with nothing.

No response needed. I'm out (of the tinderbox).

Trump backed out of an agreement that Iran was complying with and now is trying to provoke a war with them to distract from his crimes. Go fug yourself. 

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, rippadonn said:

Just like Trump was going to "war" in Syria, not. They thought they had their "war" there.

The neocons can beat drums all they want, they will not get the war they want to avoid getting indicted.

Promises will be kept, swamp bedamned Democrat or Republican.

By the way for those who can read and comprehend:

http://theamericanreport.org/2019/05/12/comey-launched-trump-russia-investigation-day-after-general-exposed-the-hammer/

The real war is happening already and the good guys aren't who the huddle thinks.

President Trump isn't going anywhere. That media brainwash is pretty strong but they will be made to tell you guys the truth. The president is not your enemy.

I don't have the time to dig up the source but supposedly the military looked into the president pre-election and they couldn't find anything major he could be charged with so he was acceptable. Anybody who knew that knew that knew Mueller would come up with nothing.

No response needed. I'm out (of the tinderbox).

tl;dr: Im going to make up poo and provide a stupid link then pretend to leave so I don't have to back anything up

THE MEDIA WILL BE MADE TO TELL YOU THE TRUTH!!!! that sounds about right though

• Pie 2

I don't want my generation's children being sent to die in a war to cover up for Trump's dalliances and to support Saudi Arabian interests.

My generation was sent off to fight in Afghanistan and Iraq and with that war still going on, the children of those soldiers, sailors and airmen are coming of age to enroll and be shipped off to fight in that same arena of the world for little to no real gain, except for profit.

I am tired of American lives being sold so cheaply.

• Pie 4

I'm disappointed in the American Report.  Their website couldn't handle the traffic.  I won't get to see that particular posters points spelled out by some crazy person with a webpage!  Alas!

Who are the good guys?  There aren't any.  Who are the bad guys?  Depends on who you define as the good guys.  The reality is that foreign policy is such a cluster that everyone ends up being a bad guy.

War with Iran does not further US interests.  Instead, the monitoring deal was in US interests because it would have lowered the possibility of armed conflict with Iran and more American blood poured into the region.  If Iran was still doing bad nuke stuff under the deal, they would have sealed their own fates, INTERNATIONALLY.  The US pulling out gave them the go ahead to work as hard as they can on developing nukes now.  Then if a war happens, all of that gets put directly in the hands of terrorists or other bad people.

• Pie 1