Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

TheSpecialJuan

Marty Hurney tried to trade up to get Greg Little as early as the No. 21 overall pick in the first round

I just don’t get this guy. What was he trying to trade? A 2nd and a 3rd or two? How does a modern GM believe that it’s possible to build a consistent winner by only drafting one or two starters a year? Most guys don’t have 10 year careers. You have to bring in more young talent than that.

• Pie 7

I’m just content he has fought the urge to trade away a future 1st to move up. Wasn’t he trying to trade back into the 1st last year as well?

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Tbe said:

I just don’t get this guy. What was he trying to trade? A 2nd and a 3rd or two? How does a modern GM believe that it’s possible to build a consistent winner by only drafting one or two starters a year? Most guys don’t have 10 year careers. You have to bring in more young talent than that.

It's concerning that he hasn't learned from his past mistakes. 

• Pie 5
  • Poo 1

I just hope it works out better than the last time he was desperately trying to trade up to take a 2nd rounder in the 1st. *cough*JimmyClausen*cough*

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3

Just now, The Natural said:

The fact he didn't find a partner is a sign that he used restraint and wasn't offering something outrageous. This isn't a bad thing...... 

I like this take, and this is how I'll choose to see it lol.

• Pie 8
  • Pumpkin Spice Latte 1

4 minutes ago, The Natural said:

The fact he didn't find a partner is a sign that he used restraint and wasn't offering something outrageous. This isn't a bad thing...... 

I think this is rational.  Whatever first round grade they had wasn’t a good enough grade to bet the farm.  I am not a fan of the trade up but I will not crucify him either.   If we have an anchor on the line for a while it will be worth it   

• Pie 4

11 minutes ago, chknwing said:

5th year option

I kinda wish we didn't have that 5th year option on Shaq to have forced our hand. We would've either already signed him to an extension that would probably put his cap hit for this year at significantly less than his current nearly $10M or we would've let him walk and TD would be here for another year.

If we were completely sold on Shaq, he would've already been extended. That 5th year option really only helps you if you're dealing with a really good player at a premium position. QB, LT, WR, CB then yeah. Mediocre LB? Meh... I wish we didn't have that crutch. Make the call.

Edited by LinvilleGorge

He obviously wasn’t offering a future first or a future second because that deal would have been taken. This is null, don’t know why some individuals want to rip on him. We should celebrate that we got the player for less. 

• Pie 6