Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

NanuqoftheNorth

Ocasio-Cortez confronts CEO for nearly $2K price tag on HIV drug that costs $8 in Australia

2 minutes ago, 332nd said:

BWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA! 

laugh all you want,,, but if the dems continue their destructive policies...

give everybody everything for free,

your a girl even though your actually a boy …

making it against the law to use a gender pronoun when addressing someone, how nuts is that...

hold no one to any accountability for their own well being, its always someone else's fault… 

why is it the leftist cities have the worst homeless problem in the country....

keeping babies comfortable while deciding weather to let it live or not after they are born 

the left is bringing the country down

• Poo 2

46 minutes ago, retired said:

I never said they were fine, and if you will go back and look at my post, you'll see this is one of the very few subjects I agree with AOC on and then got attacked for agreeing that its ok for companies to make a fair profit... then I was asked (something to the effect ) who was I to say how much profit a company could make? 

if the dems would actually work with trump instead of just trying to find an excuse to impeach him , they might actually get something good done instead of bringing down this country

Who gets to decide what a "fair profit" is though, the government?  Do you think Bernie Sanders has a different idea of what a "fair profit" is than Rand Paul?  If you're a capitalist and believer in market economics the idea that you'd even entertain such a notion is heretical.

You're getting attacked because this is an incredibly simple illustration of a so-called free market utterly failing to regulate itself, but it's seemingly utterly lost on you. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, bull123 said:

Obamacare has decimated healthcare for consumers

premiums have skyrocketed...deductibles are thru the roof

consumers have been royally hosed as obama wanted to make things “fair”  

his social engineering policies were just a total castastrophe

The ACA is conservative.  As others have pointed out, it's built on insurance markets and the framework was conceived by the Heritage Foundation in the 90s.

Either way, that ship has sailed.  Republicans said that they had better ideas for healthcare reform for ten years, Trump touted some genius plan he supposedly had rattling around somewhere in that giant brain of his, and then they got into power and immediately poo their pants.  They have no ideas and no plans.

Healthcare will never be cheap and unless a significant chunk of the population goes vegan and/or quits smoking then costs will always increase.  Having a huge risk pool where healthy people have to pay for services they don't use is utterly inevitable if this is going to work; the idea that we're gonna free-market our way to making it cheap to cover bone marrow transplants or cancer treatments or open heart surgery is an infantile fantasy.

And naturally any time the concept of sin taxes or city ordinances to curb the consumption of soda and poo comes up you babies have a poo fit and go up on stage at CPAC with a Big Gulp.

Edited by The NFL Shield At Midfield
  • Pie 3

8 minutes ago, retired said:

making it against the law to use a gender pronoun when addressing someone, how nuts is that...

hold no one to any accountability for their own well being, its always someone else's fault… 

keeping babies comfortable while deciding weather to let it live or not after they are born 

you forgot to mention the secret Obama Black Panther police force and the pedo pizza parlor

It's whether,  and you're, your awful inability to use correct spelling as you make up bullshit is bringing the country down.  Learn English, or get out of my country.

15 minutes ago, cookinwithgas said:

you forgot to mention the secret Obama Black Panther police force and the pedo pizza parlor

It's whether,  and you're, your awful inability to use correct spelling as you make up bullshit is bringing the country down.  Learn English, or get out of my country.

Don't forget about muh straws in addition to that impressive list of bullshit bulletpoints that are either misleading if not just outright lies.

I was in Portland for a week recently and it took me several days to notice that none of the restaurants we went to served us straws with our drinks.  Nobody said anything and nobody cared because it doesn't matter unless you're a drone staring at Fox News all day and being told what to be outraged about.

Also on the personal responsibility topic if anybody can link me a video of Trump unequivocally saying that something bad that happened is his fault or due to a mistake he made I'd like to see it.

17 minutes ago, retired said:

I'm laughing because from 2008-2016 the right refused to work with Obama at nearly every turn & now whines "Why won't the left work with Trump?" It's adorable.

No.

Trans people exist. Sorry they scare you, but that's your problem.

Fox & Briebart really got a hold on you huh? Maybe if you read other sources you wouldn't be so panic prone.

They're making us all cops?

[Quote[why is it the leftist cities have the worst homeless problem in the country....[/quote]

Because they usually have the best resources for homeless people & get a lot of them shipped there. Granted they ship homeless people out too, but it's a rather nasty cycle. 

What?

Not really. It'll be hilarious if a left wing version of Trump takes office though. 

You're still bad at this.

Healthcare spending has actually slowed down this last decade compared to previous decades. A market based solution can't work for insurance because it's an inelastic demand product with vastly different costs depending on the individual. Competition in the insurance market doesn't matter if you're someone nobody wants to insure. There's a reason we have Medicare. Nobody would willingly insure a very large portion of the elderly. There's no profit in it.  The same goes for millions of Americans with preexisting conditions they have no control over.  Type 1 diabetes, cerebral palsy, down syndrome, cystic fibrosis, epilepsy, sickle cell, etc etc. Premiums for these people would either be unaffordable or not even offered. I work in medical billing and more specifically I code ICU notes. Even now I see a dozen or more type 1 diabetics come in every week with ketoacidosis because they couldn't afford their insulin. 

https://www.healthsystemtracker.org/chart-collection/u-s-spending-healthcare-changed-time/#item-health-spending-growth-has-slowed-and-is-now-more-on-pace-with-economic-growth_2017

image.png.f7ce137e4a1622dd1a98c956aaed9a7a.png

Edited by CarolinaSock

so we could either

A - vote for people that will implement measures to cut drug costs

or

B - continually vote for people that oppose them, then complain on the internet that it's democrats fault

retired:

dailystruggg.jpg

• Pie 4

2 hours ago, retired said:

Lol where in the world did this clown come from?  Are you still in the 1940s?

Well there were a lot more Nazis then, he’d blend right in

Edited by cookinwithgas
  • Poo 1

11 hours ago, 332nd said:

What?

Laws in some states that don't force a provider to attempt to resuscitate a fetus after an abortion, rather leaving the choice up to the woman.

Of course an extremely difficult, painful decision made between a woman and her doctor regarding whether or not to prolong what will likely be an extremely short, painful existence on earth has been re-interpreted as "a woman can give birth to a perfectly healthy baby and then just decide to kill it" by the AR-15 being-born-is-a-pre-existing-condition Jesus party.  Which is, of course, murder in every single state.

Basically if you follow the argument to its logical conclusion my mother holding my comatose grandfather's hand as he was removed from life support and not resuscitated was murder

• Pie 1

Just a reminder, both senators from NC (Thom Tillis and Richard Burr) voted AGAINST allowing drugs to be imported from other countries, something that would have slashed prices dramatically, helped millions of Americans and wouldn't cost taxpayers anything.

South Carolina? Same thing, Lindsey Graham and Tim Scott both voted against it.

Vote these assholes out.

• Pie 3

On 5/26/2019 at 9:13 PM, retired said:

It's physically painful how stupid you are

6 hours ago, ImaginaryKev said:

This is a good one too

I'm going completely off memory here but iirc there was some law in Canada that made gender identity a protected attribute for government employees, like race or religion.  Thus it became illegal to harass or discriminate against trans people in those workplaces, just like a Jewish person's boss couldn't make them remove their yarmulke or the like.  Then professional chud grifters like Jordan Peterson made it go viral by claiming (lying) that merely accidentally misgendering a trans person would get you thrown in jail.  Eventually that seeped into the stagnant creek that is conservative boomer Facebook and became a reliable bulletpoint when they Gish Gallop people on the internet.