Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Jeremy Igo

Name your 5 Panthers receivers.

wildcard! Aldrick Robinson. Do we keep 6 now? Are there any other backup receivers in Minnesota that we can sign? Koren Robinson with that hometown discount? Mike Wallace?

• Pie 1

52 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Most likely this. I'm pretty good with it. Not necessarily the Torrey Smith part but the rest of it is good.

But, but, but, $5m is a bargain. When pressed to release him we got that answer and yet Hogan, a more productive WR, signed for $1.45M. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

There really is no difference between 7th round and UDFA. Godwin would be completely safe on PS. 

Even if he is looking solid in camp and preseason?

I seem to remember a 7th rd RB we had that got picked up real fast by the patriots a few years back within a day or so on the PS.

I feel like we ask this every year and every year we keep six wideouts anyway.

The last time we kept less than six wideouts was 2015.

I get that we may keep three QB’s this year but we can always drop an offensive lineman and keep the extra receiver, especially if that receiver can play special teams.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, ncfan said:

Even if he is looking solid in camp and preseason?

I seem to remember a 7th rd RB we had that got picked up real fast by the patriots a few years back within a day or so on the PS.

Yeah but the ceiling on those guys is usually a 4th or 5th WR anyway. I don't really know that I would get super upset over losing someone on the practice squad. There are pretty few practice squad to All-Pro/Pro Bowl stories. Hopefully he plays well enough to justify a roster spot but if not....he was a late round pick and did what late round picks typically do. 

2 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I feel like we ask this every year and every year we keep six wideouts anyway.

The last time we kept less than six wideouts was 2015.

We might be having to keep 3 QBs this year so that takes away a possible slot as well.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, mjligon said:

We might be having to keep 3 QBs this year so that takes away a possible slot as well.

Plus the move to more 3-4 looks one would have to assume expands the LB/EDGE guys. That could end up equating to more spots on the roster than DE/LB did last season.

3 minutes ago, mjligon said:

I think you can drop an offensive lineman in this case, especially if that wide out can play special teams. Tyler Larsen and Dennis Daley are utility players which allows us to not have to have a backup at every offensive line position.

Little, Moton, Van Roten, Paradis, Larsen, Turner, Daley, Mahon, Williams

1 minute ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I think you can drop an offensive lineman in this case, especially if that wide out can play special teams. Tyler Larsen and Dennis Daley are utility players which allows us to not have to have a backup at every offensive line position.

Little, Moton, Van Roten, Paradis, Larsen, Turner, Daley, Mahon, Williams

IDK, remember the struggles we had last year when our OL started getting banged up. I would be nervous about being too thin on the OL. 

Personally I would keep

DJ Moore

Jarius Wright

Curtis Samuel

Terry Godwin

Chris Hogan

and Torrey Smith would not be in my honorable mentions just save the money

Just now, kungfoodude said:

Plus the move to more 3-4 looks one would have to assume expands the LB/EDGE guys. That could end up equating to more spots on the roster than DE/LB did last season.

We kept 17 roster players last year at the LB/DL positions, that’s actually already in line with a 3-4 defense.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

IDK, remember the struggles we had last year when our OL started getting banged up. I would be nervous about being too thin on the OL. 

But if you look at our roster now there isn’t a 10th offensive linemen I’d keep over Godwin.

Just now, MillionDollarCam said:

But if you look at our roster now there isn’t a 10th offensive linemen I’d keep over Godwin.

Well, it is a bit early to make that assertion. He could end up being hot garbage. Point still stands if he or one of our other WR's is able to stand out, it could make for some interesting choices. I definitely remember some surprises from last offseason.