Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4 hours ago, ncfan said:

Burns is going to be a stud in our new style D

Also glad to hear Gaulden had a good day

Haynes and Gaulden looked solid in practice time last year and then the actual preseason games happened and they didn’t. I actually do hope that Gaulden can improve but I’m not going on non-padded OTA kudos. We saw that last year. 

8 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Haynes and Gaulden looked solid in practice time last year and then the actual preseason games happened and they didn’t. I actually do hope that Gaulden can improve but I’m not going on non-padded OTA kudos. We saw that last year. 

Dont remember anything good reguarding Gaulden last even at this time

Haynes your right though, looked like a stud until live game action.  Where as a 4-3 DE you cant tell much until live action when then contact really starts

2 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Dont remember anything good reguarding Gaulden last even at this time

Haynes your right though, looked like a stud until live game action.  Where as a 4-3 DE you cant tell much until live action when then contact really starts

I remember the hype.

https://atozsportsnashville.com/former-tennessee-vols-db-rashaan-gaulden-receives-praise-third-pre-season-game/

I also remember that preseason game where he was shredded and looked like a bad Colin Jones. 

3 hours ago, ncfan said:

He did?

17 receptions 171 yards and only 1 game with more than 45 yards or atleast 5 receptions over 7 weeks is starting off strong?

He nwver started strong.  He had plenty of drops, and struggled to get open.  Thats the reason he took a beating.  Because he never started, finished, or consistently played strong.

He was targeted 31 times and only caught 17 balls on the season and his catch % was 54%

Vs the rookie Moore who had a 67% catch % on the season

But we were winning,...

we have lots of athletes on this team...lets first see who makes it thru camp in July without getting hurt

I have a question- Let's say Gaulden wins the nickel spot, then who is the starting safety?? Luke Cole??

23 hours ago, ncfan said:
On 5/22/2019 at 1:21 PM, JARROD said:

I don’t get all the hate for Torrey Smith. I gather some don’t really care, but pile on to get approval from the group that doesn’t  want him.

the dude came on strong before he got hurt last year. I still say, and believe what you want... we started losing when he stopped playing, Cams shoulder held together until he stopped playing.

some guys are better for their good luck charms(2 teams Torrey finished with won Superbowls, got rid of him and went down the toilet,...) than anything else while others can have off the chart stats and their team loses— bad luck. It’s just true.

He did?

17 receptions 171 yards and only 1 game with more than 45 yards or atleast 5 receptions over 7 weeks is starting off strong?

He nwver started strong.  He had plenty of drops, and struggled to get open.  Thats the reason he took a beating.  Because he never started, finished, or consistently played strong.

He was targeted 31 times and only caught 17 balls on the season and his catch % was 54%

Vs the rookie Moore who had a 67% catch % on the season

A lot of us (myself included) have nothing against Torrey himself, but want to hold onto the $5 million he's due more than a mediocre receiver that used to be a good receiver. If he'd take a 80% pay cut, most of us would be all for giving him a shot a a roster spot.

22 hours ago, Black&BlueBubba said:
Carolina Panthers (@Panthers) Tweeted:
[email protected]_15 doing Chris Hogan things https://t.co/IUQOivH8JS

Happy to have Hogan on team!  

Is that Terry Godwin covering him? Nice catch, but i expect a vet to beat out a 7th round rookie WR trying to cover him.

19 hours ago, Basbear said:

I have a question- Let's say Gaulden wins the nickel spot, then who is the starting safety?? Luke Cole??

Hopefully that's when we start looking at who's available

12 minutes ago, Mistuh Jones said:

I think that was #47, not #17

It was Cockrell.