Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sgt Schultz

CNBC Report: Tepper Concentrating on Panthers

Man I am really liking what Tepper is doing.  He made RR get rid of some coaches and put some pressure to actually develop players.  Getting a bubble built so we don’t practice in December in the rain. Getting a Huge practice faculty for the future.  Doing good things in the community.  

I think he is really having fun as an owner.  Enough to make him give back 14 billion to investors to spend more of his time to focus on the panthers.  I really couldn’t imagine any other guy that was in the running for the team doing a better job.  

The last owner couldn’t stop sniffing panties long enough to give a rats ass. 

• Pie 1

9 hours ago, panthers55 said:

With Tepper focusing on the Panthers full time it is likely he will be more involved not less involved in daily activities. Now whether that means getting more involved in football decisions or leaving it to the "football people" remains to be seen. But to expect someone to.pay 2.2 billion for a business and then not be involved in ever aspect of the business seems pretty unrealistic. And as a previous minority owner he has lots of experience being associated with football guys and decisions.

he didn't make that kind of cash micromanaging every minute...hired good people and let them work...but they all knew he was the boss...hopefully the kind of boss that management leans on

we wants to be a Super Bowl winning owner...and we all want him to be

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Black&BlueBubba said:

Man I am really liking what Tepper is doing.  He made RR get rid of some coaches and put some pressure to actually develop players.  Getting a bubble built so we don’t practice in December in the rain. Getting a Huge practice faculty for the future.  Doing good things in the community.  

I think he is really having fun as an owner.  Enough to make him give back 14 billion to investors to spend more of his time to focus on the panthers.  I really couldn’t imagine any other guy that was in the running for the team doing a better job.  

The last owner couldn’t stop sniffing panties long enough to give a rats ass. 

JR was a short term thinker wanting returns right now

tepper sees the big picture and is will to spend his cash...he does expect help, and should get it

12 hours ago, panthers55 said:

So the unknown for you is better than the known?

The known has produced 3 winning seasons out of 8 and none back to back. Unknown wouldnt hurt at this point.

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, bull123 said:

he didn't make that kind of cash micromanaging every minute...hired good people and let them work...but they all knew he was the boss...hopefully the kind of boss that management leans on

we wants to be a Super Bowl winning owner...and we all want him to be

Truth be told Tepper is the ultimate micromanager and when you are the smartest guy within 8,000 miles that's ok.  You are correct in assuming he wants his team to win a SB but you are kidding yourself if you think he isn't going to micromanage the situation along the way.   Here's the rub, he's the guy you want taking the micromanagement role, Tepper is a genius.

I seriously doubt he will give up the job that made him billions. 

8 hours ago, Snake said:

I seriously doubt he will give up the job that made him billions. 

He is giving up the job that made other people millions.  His company will now only manage his money. Its a lot easier to not have to answer to investors. 

• Beer 1

He's really in retirement mode and the Panthers are now his dream project.    He's made more than he'll ever need but I doubt he'll do things to "lose money".   

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

13 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

He's really in retirement mode and the Panthers are now his dream project.    He's made more than he'll ever need but I doubt he'll do things to "lose money".   

At some point, you make all that money so you can spend it on whatever the heck you want (and set your kids up so they never have to worry).  I wouldn't be surprised to see Tepper finally "do what he wants" even if he never sees a return on investment.  Not saying he is gonna flush a billion bucks down the drain, but I can see him spending money to make people happy, not necessarily to make money. 

• Beer 2

On 5/23/2019 at 11:25 AM, NJPanthers12 said:

At this point I rather tepper be involved in the football decisions over the people currently responsible for football decisions.

The age of mediocrity is over, great organizations start at the top.

On 5/23/2019 at 11:03 AM, JccOldTime23 said:

As long as he lets his football people deal with football operations that's great. We don't want to get into a Jerry Jones situation though.

I like Teps background.  He's got an eye and a nose for success.  If anybody can moneyball this middling franchise to a Lombardi, its David Tepper.

On 5/24/2019 at 3:29 PM, gofightwin said:

At some point, you make all that money so you can spend it on whatever the heck you want (and set your kids up so they never have to worry).  I wouldn't be surprised to see Tepper finally "do what he wants" even if he never sees a return on investment.  Not saying he is gonna flush a billion bucks down the drain, but I can see him spending money to make people happy, not necessarily to make money. 

You nailed it. 

For Tepper the "return on investment" as it relates to the Panthers is winning football games, and lots of them, enough of them to hang banners that mean something.  He could care less about a financial return from the Panthers regardless of the timeframe   one might choose.