Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheSpecialJuan

REPORT: Panthers interested in Gerald McCoy

damn right, knew it

2 hours ago, panthers55 said:

13 million is a ton for him. Unless he wants to work for less than 10 I don't see it....

13 million for McCoy is a steal for a team willing to pay KK 17 mil+...sadly.

Adding McCoy would be a Rivera wet dream.

Me too!

The Bucs cut him, right?  So he has no contract with whoever signs him doesn't owe him 13 million, right?  He's already made his money.  I could see him take a 1 or 2 year deal for less than 13 per to play for whoever he wants to.

8 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

The Bucs cut him, right?  So he has no contract with whoever signs him doesn't owe him 13 million, right?  He's already made his money.  I could see him take a 1 or 2 year deal for less than 13 per to play for whoever he wants to.

This he already got paid, who knows what he will sign for.  And if there's any bad blood between him and bucs, that gives us an advantage

19 minutes ago, Lumps said:

13 million for McCoy is a steal for a team willing to pay KK 17 mil+...sadly.

13 mil for McCoy might be a deal for a team with lots of cap. But he doesn't make sense because we have already invested over 40 million in our defensive line as it is.  I would love to have him but teams like Cleveland have the money and cap space to lock him up. We just don't have any left for the line at this point  The guys we have are going to have to step up their game. Washington needs to earn his pay.

3 hours ago, mjligon said:

Cut Torrey Smith, sign McCoy- profit

But where are you going to get that 170 yards of production? (per season, not game, btw)

Seriously, this was my first thought.  My second thought?  Rivera really likes Smith--the person.

If he gets out of Cleveland,, which I doubt, he will sign with Baltimore

McCoy is 31 fwiw

Unless he makes a decision based on where he can win then he will choose us, idk wat they are doing up their in Cleveland to takes more than that to clear that dumpster fire...

Everyone always speculates about why a guy might play here or there for less money, but the vast majority of times the team offense the most money gets the player. When you're weighing job offers, money matters. A lot.

5 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Probably the reason we haven't signed Brian Burns and Greg Little. Having that cap space in case someone like McCoy became available. 

I dont think we have the cap at the moment. gotta wait till next week to get that money back from kalil. that alone should sign all the rookies.