Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
hepcat

Offseason Content: The rise and fall of Keary Colbert

Interesting article, thanks. I could have sworn that I remember reading that Colbert had some type of nagging injury his 2nd season, that the article doesn't mention. It is amazing, with all the analytics that teams use, how many first and second round busts there are in the NFL.

Edited by Greatman77
Typo

There was a rise? 

It always pissed me off how he smiled every time he dropped the ball.

• Pie 6

my favorite colbert moment was any time the camera cut to him grinning on the sideline while we were down 27 points in garbage time

• Pie 1

31 minutes ago, Greatman77 said:

Interesting article, thanks. I could have sworn that I remember reading that Colbert had some type of nagging injury his 2nd season, that the article doesn't mention. It is amazing, with all the analytics that teams use, how many first and second round busts there are in the NFL.

I think it was bone spur in his ankle. Rumored it was pretty much his downfall. 

• Pie 2

I felt like this article would have been great for the Buc's Michael Clayton - the guy had a phenomenal first year and then fell off the face of the Earth. I remember being pissed because I got an autograph jersey card of his in a pack of cards that year and it went from being worth a good chunk of change to not even being worthy enough to wipe my ass with...

16 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

Speaking of one hit wonders;

Hows Vanilla Ice doing?

Are you purposely ignoring the generational anthem that was "Ninja Rap"?

Edited by Biscuit
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1

i remember watching the pats game in the 2006 preseason and thinking THIS IS IT

1 hour ago, mc52beast said:

Speaking of one hit wonders;

Hows Vanilla Ice doing?

Pretty good. Has a home flipping business. Had a tv show. Endless appearances. One hit wonders in music/pop culture dont have to “work” ever again. It’s pretty much a 100k/y for life guarantee with the bonus of your name/face getting better opportunities than most.  

Edited by pnthrs
  • Pie 1

The reason I cringe every draft season if someone mentions a USC WR being linked to us.  Some college teams have positions that dominate, but that dominance rarely translates to the NFL.  Take Penn State RBs for example, but it looks like Barkley may change that trend.  Alabama RBs are another example of busts in the NFL more times than not.