Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

JakeDel5674

Toronto gives me hope

Drafted Lowry and Derozen, lucked up and traded for Leonard. Now they're in the Finals. For the longest, they weren't poo. It's up to the Hornets to continue to Draft solid players. 

Lowery is playing his role but the former gm picking him and Derozan almost have nothing to do with their current finals run. 

This is Ujiri's team. He was a good gm the last few years of the Melo era in Denver and he's made solid picks since being in Toronto. First step to competing will always be drafting well and having a competent GM. Hornets been missing that just about most of my adult life 

7 hours ago, jumpman910 said:

Lowery is playing his role but the former gm picking him and Derozan almost have nothing to do with their current finals run. 

This is Ujiri's team. He was a good gm the last few years of the Melo era in Denver and he's made solid picks since being in Toronto. First step to competing will always be drafting well and having a competent GM. Hornets been missing that just about most of my adult life 

Well that and getting a top 5 player in the league via a steal trade.  But I hear ya...gotta hit the picks.

Since 1999 it can be argued the only good player for us we drafted was Kemba.  Wow.

Edited by Shocker

From what I hear Toronto is a great sports town too.

We're not.

• Poo 1

No faith this franchise will make a good let alone great deal. Toronto made a big gamble on Kwai. He didn’t want to be there and traded a decent player who did. He may still walk away but he will leave them with what looks to be a championship. Charlotte would NEVER roll the dice like that. I’m not sure if I’m remembering right but didn’t Charlotte have a shot at Harden when OKC was letting him go for parts? 

Edited by Wanderlai
  • Beer 1

52 minutes ago, Wanderlai said:

No faith this franchise will make a good let alone great deal. Toronto made a big gamble on Kwai. He didn’t want to be there and traded a decent player who did. He may still walk away but he will leave them with what looks to be a championship. Charlotte would NEVER roll the dice like that. I’m not sure if I’m remembering right but didn’t Charlotte have a shot at Harden when OKC was letting him go for parts? 

No, they didn't even try to trade for him. 

3 hours ago, JakeDel5674 said:

No, they didn't even try to trade for him. 

They tried to move the 2nd pick (MKG pick) and other pieces to trade for an established player. One of those was Harden. OKC got a better deal from Houston. 

• Pie 1

25 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

They tried to move the 2nd pick (MKG pick) and other pieces to trade for an established player. One of those was Harden. OKC got a better deal from Houston. 

Really? They got a better deal when Jeremy Lamb was the best part of the deal? Yeesh. 

6 hours ago, JakeDel5674 said:

Really? They got a better deal when Jeremy Lamb was the best part of the deal? Yeesh. 

I guess so, from what I understand the Hornets offered the #2 pick and someone on the roster for Harden. 

On 6/6/2019 at 6:03 PM, rhyslloyd said:

Huge difference here:  Toronto has competent ownership, management and coaching.

Exactly.  This is the Raptors 6th consecutive year in the playoffs and in the previous 5 they actually won 4 playoff series.  There is no similarity between the Toronto franchise and the Charlotte franchise. 

• Beer 1

Uhhhh...they didn't draft Lowry at all. Dude played 8 seasons elsewhere before going to Toronto. 

They've literally drafted 3-4 good players in 20 years. (Bosh, Derozen, Siakam...PJ Tucker).