Jump to content
Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
TheMostInterestingMan

Still in the clouds

Recommended Posts



This is the most exciting offseason we have had since at least 2013 when Gettleman was still in his Honeymoon phase.

It is hard to imagine anything going better for us (on paper) than what has transpired.

  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

stay humble.  the browns and ravens jinxed themselves. all comes down to Cams shoulder. thats literally the tickrt

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I read about McCoy I felt a rush of good chemicals, and the rest of the day couldn’t stop smiling.  

Thank you Panthers.  

  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, The Huddler said:

stay humble.  the browns and ravens jinxed themselves. all comes down to Cams shoulder. thats literally the tickrt

I’m just staying confused when I see your name next to a different profile pic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

I’m just staying confused when I see your name next to a different profile pic

Ive been enjoying some pink floyd to say the least

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Credit Hurney for doing a complete 180 and figuring out how to be a competent GM.

Credit Ron for finally figuring out that you have to evolve as a HC... he’s going to have our D back in the top 10

And of course credit Tepper for spending his hard earned money on the Panthers franchise. Dude has a burning desire to win and will give his staff what is needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, The Huddler said:

stay humble.  the browns and ravens jinxed themselves. all comes down to Cams shoulder. thats literally the tickrt

This.  The format of the NFL today is such that you can have 21 pro bowlers, but if your QB isn't healthy and up to par, you're going nowhere.  The whole league has been intentionally designed to be about 95% reliant on QB play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great post. Only thing I disagree with is, unfortunately, I don't think Olsen can be a top-3 TE in the league anymore. I really hope I'm wrong but I think he will turn into a Tony Gonzalez or Jason Witten in their final 2 years. By no means is that bad. But I don't see anymore 1,000 yd seasons in his future. I think 600 yds and a good red-zone target may be his ceiling. That's why we drafted a WR in the first and second rounds the last few years. It's time to play modern football.

If I'm completely wrong than this will be the best offense in Panthers history, by a mile.

  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, The Huddler said:

stay humble.  the browns and ravens jinxed themselves. all comes down to Cams shoulder. thats literally the tickrt

The more I think about that, the more I'm not so sure. So long as the rest of the offense stayed healthy and the defense is firing, I think Norv's QB friendly system would work well for a guy like Kyle Allen or Will Grier. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

This.  The format of the NFL today is such that you can have 21 pro bowlers, but if your QB isn't healthy and up to par, you're going nowhere.  The whole league has been intentionally designed to be about 95% reliant on QB play.

The reason for that is because so much Cap Space is wrapped up in the QB that other positions are neglected. The last time the Super Bowl featured two quarterbacks not on a rookie contract was in 2015 with Cam and Manning. 

The model should actually be to draft a quality QB and while they are on their rookie contract, load up on Free Agent talent which is what the Rams and Seahawks did and what the Panther's failed to do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Adb6368 said:

Great post. Only thing I disagree with is, unfortunately, I don't think Olsen can be a top-3 TE in the league anymore. I really hope I'm wrong but I think he will turn into a Tony Gonzalez or Jason Witten in their final 2 years. By no means is that bad. But I don't see anymore 1,000 yd seasons in his future. I think 600 yds and a good red-zone target may be his ceiling. That's why we drafted a WR in the first and second rounds the last few years. It's time to play modern football.

If I'm completely wrong than this will be the best offense in Panthers history, by a mile.

That could well be true. Even so, if he stays healthy and just produces that this year then we are in really good shape 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

The reason for that is because so much Cap Space is wrapped up in the QB that other positions are neglected. The last time the Super Bowl featured two quarterbacks not on a rookie contract was in 2015 with Cam and Manning. 

The model should actually be to draft a quality QB and while they are on their rookie contract, load up on Free Agent talent which is what the Rams and Seahawks did and what the Panther's failed to do. 

Even still, the days of a Trent Dilfer or Jake Delhomme being able to game manage a superior defense/running game to the promised land are LONG over.  You have to have an elite (not prolific, necessarily) passing attack to win it all nowadays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...