Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Fryfan

Impeachment thread

I think there has been a smattering of talk in various threads.  Perhaps we can move the discussion into a singular thread.

Where we seem to be at now.  Nadler wants impeachment hearings to start, Pelosi is very resistant.

-

Nadler pressed Pelosi to allow his committee to launch an impeachment inquiry against Trump — the second such request he’s made in recent weeks only to be rebuffed by the California Democrat and other senior leaders. Pelosi stood firm, reiterating that she isn’t open to the idea of impeaching Trump at this time.

“I don’t want to see him impeached, I want to see him in prison,” Pelosi said, according to multiple Democratic sources familiar with the meeting. Instead of impeachment, Pelosi still prefers to see Trump defeated at the ballot box and then prosecuted for his alleged crimes, according to the sources.

I am not sure what Pelosi's play here is anymore.  The Senate needs 2/3rds to convict which is absolutely not happening at this point.  Trump has protection from Barr.  So absolutely the only way he will be removed unless there is a major issue to drastically move the senate is via the election.   I think Pelosi has a LOT to gain from letting the hearing move forward and at this point will draw more democrats into voting and there hearings may sway some independents.  Trump has his base locked pretty solid its a battle for turn out. Does Pelosi have anything to lose in this battle for turn out with moving hearings forward?

Yeah I don't think anyone at this point thinks he'll really get impeached but if you investigate then more dirt will come out.    Not that it'll sway any Trump voters because nothing really will but it may sway some people in those swing states that gave him a try last time etc.

It's time for people to begin accepting that in all likelihood nothing is going to come of this while he is still in office.

Down the line once he is out of office would be more probable.

I'm not thrilled about it either, but there's a lot going on, and at stake currently. This just isn't a fight that will ultimately be won right now.

pelosi has repeatedly and emphatically told everyone that trump will absolutely not be impeached, idk why people refuse to believe her

12 minutes ago, rodeo said:

pelosi has repeatedly and emphatically told everyone that trump will absolutely not be impeached, idk why people refuse to believe her

She has strongly been against impeachment but also stated "All options are on the table".  Are we to believe that the impeachment option has been fully removed from the table?  Nadler seems to disagree that is has.

17 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

Yeah I don't think anyone at this point thinks he'll really get impeached but if you investigate then more dirt will come out.    Not that it'll sway any Trump voters because nothing really will but it may sway some people in those swing states that gave him a try last time etc.

But it will sway swing voters.

16 minutes ago, TheRed said:

This just isn't a fight that will ultimately be won right now.

I think the question is Is the fight worth starting?  Does the 1st 2 or 3 rounds knock him back enough that the election becomes the trigger point to finish him off once and for all. 

5 minutes ago, Fryfan said:

I think the question is Is the fight worth starting?  Does the 1st 2 or 3 rounds knock him back enough that the election becomes the trigger point to finish him off once and for all.

The more time passes without any movement on this, the less support there will ultimately be.

He's clearly shown that regardless he won't lose support from his most loyal voters.

Any unsuccessful impeachment proceedings will only be used to bolster his campaign of victimhood that everyone on the left is out to get him.

If you guys want him gone, he's going to have to be elected out of office. This shortcut isn't going to work.

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Any unsuccessful impeachment proceedings will only be used to bolster his campaign of victimhood that everyone on the left is out to get him. 

Articles of Impeachment in the House only need a simple majority.  Arent those that will vote for Trump as a victim already locked down?

If the senate clears him he can say he won a major victory. (We all know that’s utter BS)

pelosi isn’t dumb 

• Poo 1

Nobody is saying it needs to go to the actual impeachment hearings, but an impeachment inquiry broadens subpoena power and can certainly put a lot more info into the public domain.

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, Harbingers said:

Perhaps this has gotten to personal for pelosi.

its personal for the left in general period, just like most on this board... 

You are voting for trump.  Your opinion on this is worthless.  

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1