Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Fryfan

Impeachment thread

1 hour ago, retired said:

first off, I wasn't trying to be funny... what did I make up ? 

were you ok with Barr keeping the 1% of classified info redacted ?

are you against the dems leaking just the opening statement and want them to release the questions and answers as well ?

Stop sealioning and making excuses for fascist trash you fash trash.

There. That's the extent of our interactions. That's all you deserve, you malignant fool. 

1 hour ago, Fryfan said:

Republicans were there for the entire testimony and given equal time for questioning. 

and none of that was leaked out so you dont know what was said, wonder why ?

3 hours ago, Fryfan said:

An opening statement is not a “leak”. 

No the statement isn't a leak, 

some democrat with access to it and giving it to the media is

22 minutes ago, retired said:

His lawyer released it to the media 

8 hours ago, retired said:

you might have a different take if you had something else to look at besides selective leaks by the democrats... 

You mean like the President's Chief of staff admitting in a live press conference that there was in fact a quid pro quo?

I said it earlier, the tipping point passed a while ago. It's just a matter of time. The defense of Trump and his, what I can only describe as demonic? presidency, will continue into the absurd as conservatives will now use the idea that abusing your power as president is not a crime. They will twist themselves into defending impeachable acts as not impeachable. They will literally, and have been, contradicting themselves as they speak to defend his evil administration.

At this point, I'm at 40% thinking Trump won't even be on the ballot in 2020. Best case scenario for the fascists is that all of this is still going on in NOV 2020. Worst case scenario is President Pelosi says she won't run and the Dem Nominee can run against, well, whomever. Most likely is somewhere in the middle. Either way, I think Trump gets crushed in the General by 10 points. The Electoral College is a little trickier but I still think he loses.

No matter what, we are watching the implosion every day. All of the complaining about secret hearings (as they have always been - Nixon and Clinton but never mind that) and that there was no quid pro quo and that abusing power isn't a crime etc, all amount to nothing but gasps and flailing. I think all who participate should be forced to wear the figurative Scarlet Letter of treason forever. But make no mistake...there is no escaping this for Trump. It is, and has been, over.

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, retired said:

Facepalm. 

We are at the point where it’s ignore the opening statement ignore that it was released and not “leaked” and just double down on trying to make this about dems and not the actual real factual info coming out. 

• Pie 1

Man the Gop is laughable. No need to focus on substance just go with theatrics for the mouth breathers. 

16 hours ago, Rubi said:

He’s not finished until more evidence comes out that’s so damning that the R’s have no choice

dont hold your breath

If Bill Taylor's testimony, Mulvaney's public confession, and the avalanche of corroborating evidence isn't enough, there will never be enough. 

There is enough that in a normal court of law you could get a conviction

13 hours ago, Fryfan said:

Republicans were there for the entire testimony and given equal time for questioning. 

They were there at the beginning, but according to people in the room they mostly all left long before the testimony was over. 

This idea that Democrats are doing this without Republican representation is laughable. It is a bipartisan committee. GOP just mad that "right" Republicans aren't in the room.  Democrats not on the committee are not allowed in the room either. 

Edited by teeray

and this is why elections matter

Imagine what the world would look like now if Dems didn't take back the house in 2018.

Imagine the damage we could have avoided if Trump were never elected. Oh well here we are.

Edited by Cary Kollins
  • Pie 4

Right this second, Republicans (led by "that guy in every frat the brothers tell their female friends to steer clear of when he's drinking, Matt Gaetz) have stormed the impeachment inquiry deposition of Laura Cooper. There is so much to unpack here:

1) This is totally how innocent people act

2) These are not committee members of the committee they are busting in on

3) There are Republicans in the committee

4) They are being kept out by House rules REPUBLICANS introduced when they had the majority, that a full house is not needed for these close door inquiries

5) And most egregiously, they brought their fugging PHONES into the fugging SCIF!!! So they could live tweet and video the whole thing!!!

image.thumb.png.31fea2deb4c9e0be414054849a65dfc9.png

To those who don't know, SCIF clearance is higher than Top Secret, and you ABSOLUTELY CANNOT BRING ELECTRONIC DEVICES INTO A SCIF.

image.thumb.png.6a21119d82228429ce564da558534d02.png

image.png.5f4aa095ff961433c2a06789781b25ad.png

It takes a lot for me to be stunned by these idiots these days. But my jaw literally, not figuratively, dropped when I read that. If one of our contractors brought their phone into a SCIF at DHS, they would be gone. They would be gone that day and lose their clearance. That is so far beyond politics into actually jeopardizing national security, that if these 20 members aren't censured and removed from office, I'll be stunned.

WHAT THE FUG IS WRONG WITH YOU REPUBLICANS!?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/23/politics/republicans-storm-impeachment-inquiry-deposition-laura-cooper/index.html

Edited by Captroop

@Captroop the only issue I see with all of this is the Sargent-At-Arms can jail(kick them out of the house indefinitely) their sorry asses.

It looks like the democrats may be trying to play your last couple sentences.

Edited by Harbingers