Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WOW!!

Topic Blitz: 1. Most entertaining position battle in Camp?

Topic Blitz: 1. Most entertaining position battle in camp?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Most entertaining position battle?

• FS
    • NB
    • Backup RB
    • 5th and 6th WR

I voted RB2. Should be fun to see who balls out. This is the most open our RB corps has been in awhile. CAP is by no means a sure thing. Behind CMC it's wide open. And Scarlett, Hood, Holyfield etc. all could make waves.

You didn't list QB2. That WOULD have been my vote. Should be fun watching Heinicke, Allen and Grier compete.

Also, I honestly think the competition for WR is more like WR3 - WR6.  I'm not sure who's behind Samuel and Moore on the depth chart. I'd say Wright is likely WR3, but it's not set in stone.  Hogan, Smith, Robinson, Godwin, Ross... There's some great depth and talent. Excited to see it.

Offensive line competition is the most interesting to me. That group is about finding a combination with the goal of sticking with it. DL, WR, RB all allow for varying and strategic levels of rotation.

49 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

I want to see Scarlett win that backup RB spot, and Holyfield to be RB #3. 

CMC, Scarlett, Holyfield.

This would make me happy.  I think CAP has run his coarse. 

1 hour ago, ncfan said:

Your only starting 2

You have

1 vet who has played it in Irvin

1  vet who has started for us but never played standup edge rusher

Our top 15 pick who is highly reguarded.

A kid we drafted last year who has all the tools and a glue fit for this D

Another kid we drafted this year in the 4th who probably would been a early 2nd round guy if it weren't for his injuries 

A kid who Irvin stated he loved when he got here and said reminded of a younger him

A good athlete, good atory guy who really emerged and showed flashes last year.

Your only starting 2 guys.  And yes we will rotate, but wont really roate more than 4 guys.

I still don't think that's a battle because all the guys are safe in keeping a job.. The others I named ppl are getting cut..

Probably a battle for playing time.. But I'm talking more about having a job on this team battle..

I’m gonna say NB.  For FS I think Gualden will win that job and we will keep Kai Nacua as backup. He has also had some good review so far.  

But the NB is completely up in the air.  Cockrell IMO is more comfortable outside.   Seymour, Corn, and the new TB kid will have a hell of a bottle in camp I think.  

On a side note.  I hope the MVP of the spring is actually Perry Fewell who comes in and gets the most out of those DB guys.  If he can work magic on the backend with our front 7 it will be an interesting year on defense.  

2 minutes ago, Black&BlueBubba said:

I’m gonna say NB.  For FS I think Gualden will win that job and we will keep Kai Nacua as backup. He has also had some good review so far.  

But the NB is completely up in the air.  Cockrell IMO is more comfortable outside.   Seymour, Corn, and the new TB kid will have a hell of a bottle in camp I think.  

On a side note.  I hope the MVP of the spring is actually Perry Fewell who comes inane gets the most out of those DB guys.  If he can work magic on the backend with our front 7 it will be an interesting year on defense.  

But do you put Cockrell outside and DJ inside? I know there is a portion of the Huddle that really would love to see DJ as a nickel.

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

But do you put Cockrell outside and DJ inside? I know there is a portion of the Huddle that really would love to see DJ as a nickel.

I think that is a really tough call.  I would not be opposed to it.  But how does Jackson feel about it?  I think Jackson has the traits to possibly be elite.  And we actually may be a better secondary with Jackson at Slot and Cockrell on the outside.  

I could see us doing that on occasion depending on the matchup.  It does give us some nice flexibility.  

2 hours ago, ARSEN said:

Back-up QB.  Grier or Allen?

I should've added that but I'm more interested in Cam's health as the major thing I'm watching at that position.. But you are right that should be a interesting battle to watch..

1 hour ago, AggieLean said:

I want to see Scarlett win that backup RB spot, and Holyfield to be RB #3. 

CMC, Scarlett, Holyfield.

It's prob going to come down to whether or not they can play special teams.  I would like that 3 though. Maybe we dont run CMC to death this year and can keep him fresh...

Ron vs Analytics or Ron vs Time Manager

In all seriousness, I'm not as interested in one battle but who is battling and who is gifted with a starting position. Little and Gaulden are examples of guys looking to be set up without competition at this point, that's not ideal.  Are the vets actually competing with the rookies at the edge spot, or are the Vets penciled in already and the younger guys are fighting for the rotation and roster spots? How will the CBs settle down into CB2 and NB? Hell, who is the RT and does that translate into the other being used at LG regardless? The HB 2 spot will be fun but I'm not sold on the idea that that player will get any meaningful time in games. WRs 3 - 6 will be fun also. 

How could we not include the LT/LG situation?  I am not assuming Little is ready for LT right now if we have some scrub LG in the lineup.

Nickel is pretty exciting.

I know FS might not be a “battle” unless Hurney signs someone else but I’m interested in seeing how Gaulden works out. If he can be even just average our D will be fine. If he struggles and we end up starting someone like Jones it’ll be a long season

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Achiext

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • These kinds of silly GIF compilations of cherry-picked plays strung together are dumb as hell and hardly warrant a response. Give me ANY narrative you want me to push and I can make it happen with 4-5 plays from a season’s worth of tape. I can make Kyle Allen look like an elite QB, I can make Daryl Williams look like an All-Pro LT, I can line up all of Christian McCaffrey’s stuffed runs on goal line plays and say he’s a bum. Hell, I can present you a few GIFs of Curtis Samuel precisely killing drives with dropped open passes that would directly contradict your statement. Do you deny any of this? Not to mention several of those plays in your first video were in extremely tight coverage where Samuel got little-to-no separation. Those were poor decisions by Allen to throw those low-percentage deep balls into tight coverage, but “poor Curtis Samuel” would suggest that he was open and the throws just weren’t there...which was the case in maybe half of those clips if I’m being charitable. Do you deny that? Those silly videos aside, the statistical snapshot you posted does support that his success is reasonably hindered by Allen’s ineptitude in getting him the ball. Statistical evidence also paints Samuel as having some of the worst hands in the league (tied for 3rd worst with 7 drops) and is among the worst in average yards of separation. Do you feel inclined to address that? In conclusion: Kyle Allen is bad, Curtis Samuel is bad.
    • My wife thought he was Philly Brown...
  • Masters of PIE !