Jump to content
Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

djp14

The Hornets, defined in a single tweet

Recommended Posts



1 minute ago, djp14 said:

Besides Kemba, substitute any other name on the roster for MKG. It still works.

image.png.eb0cc607937e206121b5c1fe08416a48.png

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2019 at 6:46 PM, pennywise said:

Why’d you think Marvin is staying?

Marvin would be great off the bench

actually very one of our starters except Kemba would be great bench guys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bull123 said:

Marvin would be great off the bench

actually very one of our starters except Kemba would be great bench guys

For 15 million?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the end of the day the Hornets are victims of terrible drafting and bad resource allocation. We would be the Cleveland Browns of the NBA consistently if not for Kemba.

Real problem is it will take years before this team can make meaningful change. Mitch's hands are tied. So I expect we re-sign Kemba and continue on our mediocre journey for the next three years before we completely blow it up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, SOJA said:

At the end of the day the Hornets are victims of terrible drafting and bad resource allocation. We would be the Cleveland Browns of the NBA consistently if not for Kemba.

Real problem is it will take years before this team can make meaningful change. Mitch's hands are tied. So I expect we re-sign Kemba and continue on our mediocre journey for the next three years before we completely blow it up

Sadly you're right. And the "Trade Kemba?" questions pop back up in 2 years, where his value will be diminished compared to recent years.  This team (sadly) has one option to fix things before 5-6 years from now, and that's to let Kemba walk (should've traded him), and blow it up now.  Suck next year with a high payroll, suck the year after with the promise of new, exciting young guys, and clean the cap in the process. Load up on assets, have valuable expiring deals, and let Mitch draft who he wants. MJ, stay the hell outta the way. 

Instead, hello losing franchise for most of the next decade unless we draft the next Kawhi in the 10-14 range one of these years. 

  • Pie 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

Sadly you're right. And the "Trade Kemba?" questions pop back up in 2 years, where his value will be diminished compared to recent years.  This team (sadly) has one option to fix things before 5-6 years from now, and that's to let Kemba walk (should've traded him), and blow it up now.  Suck next year with a high payroll, suck the year after with the promise of new, exciting young guys, and clean the cap in the process. Load up on assets, have valuable expiring deals, and let Mitch draft who he wants. MJ, stay the hell outta the way. 

Instead, hello losing franchise for most of the next decade unless we draft the next Kawhi in the 10-14 range one of these years. 

And just to pile on, if the hornets even did draft kawaii I'm 90% sure he isn't the player he is today 

  • Pie 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      19,839
    • Most Online
      2,867

    Newest Member
    Slapdad
    Joined
  • Topics

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      144,671
    • Total Posts
      4,726,415
  • Posts

    • You ignorant fug. Congress passed a funding bill and Dotard is going to veto it. So, yeah, it's officially all on his shoulders now. https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/25/politics/house-vote-border-funding/index.html The House of Representatives voted 230-195 on Tuesday to approve $4.5 billion in aid for the growing crisis at the US southern border -- a vote that followed Democratic infighting over the package and a White House veto threat. House Democratic leaders had worked to quell a progressive rebellion and secured passage after making several updates to the measure in response to concerns within the caucus, but the White House has already said it "strongly opposes" the legislation and it is not clear whether the House and Senate will be able to reach an agreement the President will sign off on.   The Senate has a bipartisan bill that would allocate $4.59 billion for the border crisis and advanced out of the Senate Appropriations Committee on a 30-1 vote last week. But the proposal has significant differences with the House bill, adding to the uncertainty over whether a deal can be reached.
    • I think that McCoy wants success now and Cleveland has shown nothing to prove they will win. They have a new coach, 2nd year QB and lots of new parts. McCoy saw stability with us and a bunch of hungry vets playing for a Lombardi.  But I understand the concern about Cleveland. My daughter lives there and I visit her often. Besides the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, it is underwhelming at best and the weather is awful.  Given he signed a 1 year deal he knew we have a better chance to win it all versus Cleveland who haven't proves they can make the playoffs let alone beat New England and win it all 
×
×
  • Create New...