Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Is my guy on Thursday night. Too much potential. I will not be afraid to gamble on the kid. There were many fans last year who wanted an injured Michael Porter Jr. Why not Little? 

to be honest Little looked like someone who coasted on superior athleticism against college kids, not sure how that is going to translate in the NBA where everyone is a freak

• Pie 2

At 12 I like him

Kid has upside.  Really blew up and showed it at the end of his HS year.  Winning All-Star MVPs etc.  

Yes kid has athletic ability, but the also has all the tools.  I see people mention MKG, but nowhere near the same.  MKG has a jacked up form while Little shooting form is clean.

You see people mention his down year at UNC so we shouldn't touch.  Meanwhile want to trade up for Reddish who underwhelmed at Duke?  And led to questions even a few thought in HS was his love for the game and heart as some thought he quit on the team at the end for Duke.  While Little, his big thing with athletic ability in HS was his heart (as you saw him even lock up Zion up top in a HS all-star game)

I think at 12 Little would be a solid pick who has big upside.  Now before 12, no.  Would not trade up for him

9 minutes ago, KaseKlosed said:

We don't need people who struggle to score legit NBA jumpers 

? But your fine with trading up for Reddish?  He shot the same from the FT line, had a Lower FG %, but just had a better 3pt % as Little

Meanwhile Little has shown in the past he can shoot, back in HS (the same place where people are uber hyped on Reddish about), and has a nice form (not jacked up needing work)

Edited by ncfan
  • Pie 2

I am HUGE Tar Heel fan and I would love Coby White. However, Nassir Little should have stayed another year. His game is very raw and he is a huge gamble. I think in this case, too much of a risk even for someone like me who preaches that we need a gamble on someone. Little has a lot of potential. His ceiling is probably a player like Rudy Gay, but his floor is an Israeli league ball player for the next decade.

4 minutes ago, OldNorthPowell said:

I am HUGE Tar Heel fan and I would love Coby White. However, Nassir Little should have stayed another year. His game is very raw and he is a huge gamble. I think in this case, too much of a risk even for someone like me who preaches that we need a gamble on someone. Little has a lot of potential. His ceiling is probably a player like Rudy Gay, but his floor is an Israeli league ball player for the next decade.

Here is the thing, I know its quick to react.

But NBA and College are apples and oranges and almost 2 different sports.

Little's game fits much better in the NBA. NBA is more like these HS AAU etc ball.  Which you saw Little Dominate.

He came to UNC.  Who already had one of the best players in the country at the 3 and a AA at the 4.  They litterally tried to work him into the 4 small ball in college just to fit him on the court.  He has admitted that he even put on a little weight at UNC to fit in.  He's slimmed back down down to his natural weight to play the wing.  

He is going to be locking up guys on the wing (which you saw him do to Zion etc in HS)  vs having to play on the block down low like he was playing at UNC guard Zion backing down in the paint 

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Here is the thing, I know its quick to react.

But NBA and College are apples and oranges and almost 2 different sports.

Little's game fits much better in the NBA. NBA is more like these HS AAU etc ball.  Which you saw Little Dominate.

He came to UNC.  Who already had one of the best players in the country at the 3 and a AA at the 4.  They litterally tried to work him into the 4 small ball in college just to fit him on the court.  He has admitted that he even put on a little weight at UNC to fit in.  He's slimmed back down down to his natural weight to play the wing.  

He is going to be locking up guys on the wing (which you saw him do to Zion etc in HS)  vs having to play on the block down low like he was playing at UNC guard Zion backing down in the paint 

You make some valid points, but I am still very skeptical. His jump shot is horrendous and we see how that turned out for MKG. To each their own though. At pick 12 it is a luck situation anyways.

1 minute ago, OldNorthPowell said:

You make some valid points, but I am still very skeptical. His jump shot is horrendous and we see how that turned out for MKG. To each their own though. At pick 12 it is a luck situation anyways.

Horrendous?

The dude shot really well in HS (where everyoneis saying to go back and look for Reddish).  At UNC he shot just as well as Reddish at FTs as regular jumpers just not 3

And comparing him to MKG is laziness.  Its like comparing a QB who had1 bad competition year to The Golden Calf of Bristol.

MKGs never shot well.not even in HS.  He has a jacked up form that still hasnt been fixed.  Little  you look at his form, its as good as anyone's in the draft.  He just needs reps and practice, not a overhaul of his shot

Just now, ncfan said:

Horrendous?

The dude shot really well in HS (where everyoneis saying to go back and look for Reddish).  At UNC he shot just as well as Reddish at FTs as regular jumpers just not 3

And comparing him to MKG is laziness.  Its like comparing a QB who had1 bad competition year to The Golden Calf of Bristol.

MKGs never shot well.not even in HS.  He has a jacked up form that still hasnt been fixed.  Little  you look at his form, its as good as anyone's in the draft.  He just needs reps and practice, not a overhaul of his shot

His jump shot was ugly looking to me, more of a line drive type of shot. When he pulled up to shoot mid range I felt like being stabbed in the back by a close friend lol. It is not laziness and it is a valid knock on the guy. He is very similar to MKG, with the same ceiling as MKG. Of course, these are my opinions.

15 minutes ago, OldNorthPowell said:

His jump shot was ugly looking to me, more of a line drive type of shot. When he pulled up to shoot mid range I felt like being stabbed in the back by a close friend lol. It is not laziness and it is a valid knock on the guy. He is very similar to MKG, with the same ceiling as MKG. Of course, these are my opinions.

Its really not bad

Here is Klay Thompson's form

And here is MKG's who everyone keeps comparing Little to

Big Carolina fan so I watched Little all year. I don’t think I saw him improve much all year long. He looked lost and almost never showed a feel for the game. He has potential for sure but he also has a high bust chance. At 12 you can roll the dice. Sure wished we sucked more so we had a shot at Coby who I think will be an all star at some point 

• Pie 3

I’d pass on Little. I watched every UNC game and I was not consistently impressed. For all of his athleticism, he got his shot blocked prob more than Luke Maye who can’t jump. 

Also, he would get the ball and not know what to do with it at least twice a game

He did show in about 5-6 games why he was a 5 star recruit and top 3 in the nation but it wasn’t consistent. I’m afraid he might bust. 

• Beer 1