Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Haven’t seen this discussed yet and just wondering what everyone’s reaction is to this.   Last season we had the option to use our paper tickets or go to our PSL Account and download the bar code to our phones for entry into the stadium.  This year it doesn’t look like we are given that option. The Panthers are even offering tutorial classes on this next week. 

DC4C29B3-C7FF-4B6A-A5AB-C8309D637765.png

I guess it's for security reasons and maybe to cut down on counterfeit tickets, but it is possible to have problems acquiring them involving a smartphone. Phones do crash, I had one do it a few years ago and had to replace it. One instance last year where I had digital tickets, my phone app temporarily lost them. I was pretty concerned for awhile. They did reappear, thankfully.

I think it's pretty standard and a lot of sports teams are going this route.  It helps eliminate confusion and counterfeits.  A little extra hassle, but overall better for security.

• Pie 1

Eticketing is good and convenient, and you can always just print it out if you’re worried about your phone dying by the time you get to the turnstile.

46 minutes ago, Trev_GFC said:

Eticketing is good and convenient, and you can always just print it out if you’re worried about your phone dying by the time you get to the turnstile.

They wont accept printed tickets. That's the difference  if you have issues you go to the stadium ticket office.

1 hour ago, Moo Daeng said:

They wont accept printed tickets. That's the difference  if you have issues you go to the stadium ticket office.

Urgh, so it’s an app-only code? That’s not good.

There was something just so great about getting that ticket package in the mail...it was like Christmas Day plus having a souvenir.  Oh well.   The parking passes are still mailed

I guess they will be lowering the ticket price!!!! Since we will not longer have tickets!!!! You know like they have lowered them since 2013 season!!!

20 hours ago, raleigh-panther said:

There was something just so great about getting that ticket package in the mail...it was like Christmas Day plus having a souvenir.  Oh well.   The parking passes are still mailed

I know, I'm going to miss that.

23 hours ago, Stoney said:

Will be interesting to see how this affects the resale market. 

It won't, I sold some mobile only concert tickets on Stubhub the other day. Really easy process, you just won't see scalpers outside the stadium anymore.