Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

NanuqoftheNorth

Chuck Todd Faceplants While Trying To Corner AOC

Like the whole "criticize AOC and insult her intelligence" thing is now a political trope akin to falsely stating that Al Gore claimed he invented the internet but Republicans and dishonest liberals who feel threatened by her seem to wanna participate and criticize her every comment for bullshit reasons

She's more talented than them and actually asks the questions we want asked and they can't deal with it so they invent controversy to hurt her. It's a fuging hit job but good thing enough people are engaged and supportive of her to reject that bullshit

• Pie 2

She did all that, bro, and she's not even being dishonest or playing politics

They're concentration camps and historians agree, the evidence is everywhere. She's a better politician than one entire party, and most in her own, period

• Pie 1

15 hours ago, ImaginaryKev said:

Like the whole "criticize AOC and insult her intelligence" thing is now a political trope akin to falsely stating that Al Gore claimed he invented the internet but Republicans and dishonest liberals who feel threatened by her seem to wanna participate and criticize her every comment for bullshit reasons

She's more talented than them and actually asks the questions we want asked and they can't deal with it so they invent controversy to hurt her. It's a fuging hit job but good thing enough people are engaged and supportive of her to reject that bullshit

Al Gore did say he created the internet

AOC is a look at me moron

35 minutes ago, bull123 said:

No, Gore said that he "took initiative in creating the internet" which was part of a much larger statement that when taken in context makes it clear that he was talking about how he was one of the first US politicians to use his office for legislation that cleared the way for what the internet became, & convinced government agencies to spend money on IT, & implement the internet in their mission. 

Vinton Cerf & Robert Kahn (two well known internet pioneers, hell, Cerf has been called the father of the internet) backed him up on his claim. 

The whole "I created/invented the internet" myth was born from right wing talking heads that knew stupid people would buy it.

As far as AOC, as pointed out, she keeps getting the conversations back on track so...

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, bull123 said:

Says.... the moron?

1 hour ago, bull123 said:

Perfectly sums up the conservative relationship with AOC. What the hell is a "look at me moron?" What you're basically saying is you can't stop looking at her, so you need to find it a derogatory thing so you can make it mesh with your tribalistic political ethos. You're basically Lisa Simpson:

The sooner you Pubs reconcile with your confused boner, the sooner you'll be able to grow up.

Maybe then you'll stop worrying about who other people marry, what women do with their bodies, and what bathroom someone wants to use.

She just tanks hate from the right.  We needed someone like her IMO.

17 minutes ago, Captroop said:

What the hell is a "look at me moron?"

You know, somebody who wants everyone to look at them and pay attention to them at all times to the point of a personality disorder.   Such a person might call up gossip rags under fake names to keep his name in the news, slap his name on everything, and demand to be praised as a genius daily.

• Pie 2

6 hours ago, bull123 said:

AOC has some bad policy takes (part of that is being new to the game and young, part is being a farther left)

that said, she also has some good policy ideas. 

most importantly however, if you set her policy preferences aside....she represents that exact type person both sides should be sending to DC.  Hopefully she stays that way and doesn't get tainted and become part of the swamp like everyone else does that appears to be a breath of fresh air. 

We need versions of AOC from both sides in Congress.  What we don't need are basically all the old white dudes that have been camped out for decades. 

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, bull123 said:

Fun Fact

Al Gore never said he invented the internet.   He detailed how he was part of those who actually made the invention/idea possible and that it lead to the actual creation of it.  Which is true. 

The whole Al Gore invented the internet thing was essentially a fake creation.  How people twisted his factual account (and real work) and intentionally created a false narrative that he never portrayed.