Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

panthers55

Burns versus Little: Iron sharpens Iron

I really am super excited about both these dudes. Didn’t seem like most of this board felt great about both picks. Almost everyone seemed nervous about one of them.

Personally though, I think Marty crushed the first two rounds. Both could be absolute studs imo. They both seem to have a serious drive from what I can tell 

Edited by TheMostInterestingMan
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

The more I hear about them, the better I like them as well. Best of all, neither will have to start although both need to contribute.

Edited by panthers55

funny thing is Greg probably will start, either at LG or LT.  Brian will be rotating in behind Irvin and Mario.  I think Brian will see a lot of action though.

• Beer 1

a 2nd rounder starting at left tackle b/c he's left handed. While Taylor Moton is perfect to play LT. not sold on him being put into the starting line up. plus him being a 2nd rounder and our track record, wasn't a good pick. Hope i'm wrong, but this rodeo has been done plenty of times.

39 minutes ago, RumHam said:

a 2nd rounder starting at left tackle b/c he's left handed. While Taylor Moton is perfect to play LT. not sold on him being put into the starting line up. plus him being a 2nd rounder and our track record, wasn't a good pick. Hope i'm wrong, but this rodeo has been done plenty of times.

The whole point of training camp and the preseason is to decide who the starters and backups are going to be. There will be lots of good battles in Spartanburg. Something to.look forward to.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

56 minutes ago, RumHam said:

What makes Moton perfect for LT given that he was a RT and Guard? Little has been a LT the entire time and both are second rounders you know?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, RumHam said:

So our history drafting 2nd rounders means that no 2nd rounders we ever draft will pan put and your opinion of the player means he’s a bad pick huh? Lol 

Edited by TheMostInterestingMan

7 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

So our history drafting 2nd rounders means that no 2nd rounders we ever draft and your opinion of the player means he’s a bad pick huh? Lol 

And yet points to Moton as perfect....a second rounder.

• Pie 3

3 hours ago, MasterAwesome said:

Had a similar situation with DJ vs. DJ last year and both went on to have great rookie seasons.

I was JUST about to make this same point.  Is Marty developing a trend?  Drafting complimentary players?  Haha, but yes DJ Moore and Donte Jackson were both great picks and will likely be here for a LONG time.

Why was Jordan Gross one of the best - if not the best - LT's in our history?  He had to block Peppers in practice every day.

• Pie 2

9 hours ago, RumHam said:

There’s too much talent around him for him not to succeed IMO. He’s in a very good situation. 

Knowing Rivera, barring injury of a vet or two, neither of them will start at least until the second half of next season if then.

19 hours ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

I really am super excited about both these dudes. Didn’t seem like most of this board felt great about both picks. Almost everyone seemed nervous about one of them.

Personally though, I think Marty crushed the first two rounds. Both could be absolute studs imo. They both seem to have a serious drive from what I can tell 

I’m tempering my enthusiasm just because I think your last sentence is only true about Burns. One of Little’s biggest question marks is his drive and taking plays off. The difference between Little’s and Burns’ effort at the combine was night and day. Burns looked amazing including in pass defense. Little looked like he either wasn’t as athletic as people here think or that he wasn’t going all out. He’s here so I hope he gets whipped into shape but Burns and Little were ranked very similarly in the mid first pre-combine and Burns’ rankings stayed the same or improved (many places had him top 10) and Little dropped off of some top 50 rankings after the combine.

Orlando Brown had a combine 10x worse than Little last year and played very well so maybe the starting all 4 years and it being a bit easy/being a shoe in first round pick made them take their foot off the gas when the bowl games were done. If so and Little realizes that Rivera isn’t giving him a starting spot (he already said that ability isn’t enough) then he could impress even me. I’m just waiting because a 1-7 finish drains the life out of you but still cautiously optimistic because it’s an odd year. 

• Pie 3