Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
Harbingers

This is your wall trumpers.

This is what our current Justice Dept is up to:

"Following arrest, the INS shall hold minors in facilities that are safe and sanitary and that are consistent with the INS's concern for the particular vulnerability of minors," the agreement reads. "Facilities will provide access to toilets and sinks, drinking water and food as appropriate, medical assistance if the minor is in need of emergency services, adequate temperature control and ventilation, adequate supervision to protect minors from others, and contact with family members who were arrested with the minor."

Since the INS was abolished in 2003, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has taken up most of its functions and is bound to the parameters set forth by the Flores settlement.   

Over the years, however, immigration lawyers and advocates have accused various Republican and Democratic administrations of violating the agreement and housing migrants in poor conditions. 

tarting in 2015, U.S. District Court Judge Dolly Gee reviewed several accounts from minors and their parents of living conditions in Customs and Border Protection (CBP) facilities during the Obama administration. In several rulings, she found the government had not provided migrant minors "safe and sanitary" living conditions. Facilities near the U.S.-Mexico were overcrowded and the children living in them did not have access to toothbrushes and soap, could not sleep because of the cold and were not given enough food. In 2017, Gee also ordered the creation of an independent monitor to ensure the government adhered to the Flores agreement. 

The Trump administration has appealed Gee's ruling to the Ninth Circuit and essentially accused the lower court judge of legislating from the bench by ruling that the government should — among other things — provide migrant children in its custody toothbrushes and soap. The administration's contends that Gee modified the Flores agreement with her order, as the text of the settlement does not include word-for-word references to "soap" or "toothbrushes."

That's what Fabian, the Justice Department lawyer, was arguing in front of three incredulous judges in a California courtroom last week. She and the government want the Ninth Circuit — a liberal-leaning court which has repeatedly ruled against the current administration — to reverse Gee's ruling.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-administration-migrant-children-in-u-s-custody-dont-need-to-be-provided-soap-and-toothbrushes/

So the yes Obama did argument is correct.  Trumps DOJ has actively fought the ruling to make things better and actually used the argument that since "soap and toothbrushes" were not part of the original Flores ruling that Gee acted as a liberal activist expanding the ruling.

This is a continued pattern.  Exasperate something that was already a problem and its heartless solution to an already bad situation.

7 minutes ago, g5jamz said:

I hope that every liberal on this board is willing to host these poor families/children in their homes

You realize "these poor families" want to live with their own families.  It is up to communities to support that as its the american and humanitarian thing to do and I partner as a advocate for that.

Edited by Fryfan

Six pages of energy dedicated to an illiterate halfwit with the intellectual capacity of Ralph Wiggum. He isn't going to change, same goes for lifelong conservatives like g5. Instead of diverting all of your ire to mouth breathers, try actually getting through to people who are still distinctly human enough to be part of the solution moving forward. That isn't going to happen by picking and choosing which instances of fearmongering to address or overlook depending on the username.

• Pie 3

13 minutes ago, g5jamz said:

.  I didn't think there was a crisis at the border.  In fact, liberals and their politicians told us it was a manufactured crisis

It mainly is. 

A significant piece of that recent jump in those detained came not from a flood of migrants crossing the border, but from increasing ICE arrests in communities across the U.S. Since Trump signed an executive order nearly two years ago broadening the types of immigrants considered priories for ICE enforcement, "administrative" arrests for violations of civil immigration law have risen 44 percent.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/22-immigrants-died-ice-detention-centers-during-past-2-years-n954781

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, TheRed said:

instead of diverting all of your ire to mouth breathers, try actually getting through to people who are still distinctly human enough to be part of the solution moving forward

I have been lurking on this thread and still have not heard a response from that human.

1 hour ago, ARSEN said:

I think US does an amazing job with legal immigration but they do not care or tolerate illegal immigration.  I think many foreign families do not understand how US works and everyone assumes they will come here and get rich... that’s what we thought when we moved here... boy, we could not be more wrong.

55 minutes ago, Fryfan said:

I’m missing a point you are trying to make

1 hour ago, Fryfan said:

your left wing Gov claimed it was made up crisis but is having to admit it a real crisis and understands that they are being overwhelmed … 

Begging For Help: NM Gov Changing Her Tune On Immigration “Crisis”

https://rawconservativeopinions.com/2019/05/28/begging-for-help-nm-gov-changing-her-tune-on-immigration-crisis/

1 hour ago, Fryfan said:

You realize "these poor families" want to live with their own families.  It is up to communities to support that as its the american and humanitarian thing to do and I partner as a advocate for that.

so your an advocate for someone else doing it? and a lot of these poor families dont have families living here 

but its the governments responsibilities to take care of everything for everybody … that's your bottom position on life, its the government's responsibility , no one has any personal responsibility except to advocate its the governments responsibility 

You can tell when even an evil moron realizes his argument sucks. It’s when they start using absolutes like “everything for everybody” and claims with no facts at all just like daddy Trump.

2 hours ago, Fryfan said:

think many foreign families do not understand how US works and everyone assumes they will come here and get rich... that’s what we thought when we moved here

1 hour ago, ARSEN said:

I’m missing a point you are trying to make

Arsen " Myfamily had to wait for visa in active war zone.  We had to flee our home for 6 months"

3 hours ago, Darth Biscuit said:

Does anyone on here think that people like @retired actually care what the bible says... they only care about the parts that don't affect them or how they can use verses to judge others and get what they want.

@retired you asked how I would fix immigration...  well, first thing I'd do is stop mistreating immigrants.  I know that's a difficult concept for someone like you.

Does the congress and the administration need to fix our system, absolutely, I don't think one person on here has argued otherwise.

Is the solution putting kids in cages, harassing immigrants and making threats to our neighbors the solution?  No, but that's what you support.

that's not what I support at all.. I support building more facilities to keep families together till their case is heard, (which is only 20 days now... so what do you do with the kids while you hold the parents ?, I support more judges to try to handle the backlog... I support a wall with more points of entry so people can come into the country in an orderly manner... but to say its ok for everybody to come in anytime anywhere just overloads the system, we literally cant handle the influx and a lot of them come in sick, hurt and some very ill …

I do think we should have host families to take in children with no family and to be responsible for them until their fate is decided and if it turns out they cant go back to their own country then maybe even adopt them or become legal guardians

We take in a million immigrants legally every year, but we just aren't able to handle over a million illegally just pouring over the boarder .. not to mention, it would help with the drugs coming into this country,,, it would also help stop children being used to look like families when they aren't families at all … 

our border has to be either open where everyone comes and goes when and where they choose or controlled where you can only come in at points of entry and where people are vetted before entry with rules and consequences,  you cant have it both ways...

4 minutes ago, retired said:

that's not what I support at all.. I support building more facilities to keep families together till their case is heard, (which is only 20 days now... so what do you do with the kids while you hold the parents ?, I support more judges to try to handle the backlog... I support a wall with more points of entry so people can come into the country in an orderly manner... but to say its ok for everybody to come in anytime anywhere just overloads the system, we literally cant handle the influx and a lot of them come in sick, hurt and some very ill …

I do think we should have host families to take in children with no family and to be responsible for them until their fate is decided and if it turns out they cant go back to their own country then maybe even adopt them or become legal guardians

We take in a million immigrants legally every year, but we just aren't able to handle over a million illegally just pouring over the boarder .. not to mention, it would help with the drugs coming into this country,,, it would also help stop children being used to look like families when they aren't families at all … 

our border has to be either open where everyone comes and goes when and where they choose or controlled where you can only come in at points of entry and where people are vetted before entry with rules and consequences,  you cant have it both ways...

Yet you fully support and defend a president and his administration that willfully, intentionally and purposefully use and abuse children for political gain.

...AND you try and square all of that with your "faith".

Plus it's border you illiterate hillbilly.

15 hours ago, retired said:

lol,, funny you didnt know they were concentration camps until AOC told you they were,, I'm surprised you weren't smart enough to figure that out on your on... but here's a hint for you,,, so are prison's.. and your boy Obama built them,, and your democrats in congress is the ones who wont change the law to let us do better... 

I think you know it but you dont care as long as its not a win for trump... lets not let the country hold families for longer than 20 days... 

did you call the concentration camps when Obama built them,,, ????

You ignorant fug. Congress passed a funding bill and Dotard is going to veto it. So, yeah, it's officially all on his shoulders now.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/25/politics/house-vote-border-funding/index.html

The House of Representatives voted 230-195 on Tuesday to approve $4.5 billion in aid for the growing crisis at the US southern border -- a vote that followed Democratic infighting over the package and a White House veto threat.

House Democratic leaders had worked to quell a progressive rebellion and secured passage after making several updates to the measure in response to concerns within the caucus, but the White House has already said it "strongly opposes" the legislation and it is not clear whether the House and Senate will be able to reach an agreement the President will sign off on.

The Senate has a bipartisan bill that would allocate $4.59 billion for the border crisis and advanced out of the Senate Appropriations Committee on a 30-1 vote last week. But the proposal has significant differences with the House bill, adding to the uncertainty over whether a deal can be reached.

1 minute ago, Darth Biscuit said:

Yet you fully support and defend a president and his administration that willfully, intentionally and purposefully use and abuse children for political gain.

...AND you try and square all of that with your "faith".

Plus it's border you illiterate hillbilly.

I support a president that's wants to control the border and to vet people coming into the country to hopefully stop child trafficking , drug smuggling, and criminals like MS13 from comming into the country... Maybe your for all of that ???? 

Trump has begged for congress to fix the immigration law, to allow us the holding of families together longer than 20 days, the democrats wont allow that... AOC is against the administration buying beds for children being held, AOC wants the employees of the company selling the beds for the children to the government to walk out. Does AOC want the kids to sleep on concrete floors ?

if you cant hold families together for longer than 20 days, then you let everybody go or separate the kids and hold the parents or the adult etc... 

again, you cant have it both ways