Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

pennywise

Here’s what I see MJ doing

Sign Terry Rozier like in what said in the other post. 

+

trade Monk, MKG/Marvin’s contracts, and future picks for Clint Capela, Eric Gordon or  Whiteside. 

Said it before, Jordan will never be content on having an empty arena. 

I am not going to another Hornets game.  I’ll take my son to see a college game or something.  Fug Jordan 

• Pie 5

1 minute ago, Shocker said:

I am not going to another Hornets game.  I’ll take my son to see a college game or something.  Fug Jordan 

Get ready for the poo show. MJ is seeing the Eastern Conference as a wide open race if Kawhi leave to the west. 

That is my concern. No one you mentioned is going to put butts in seats and sell tickets but they will take minutes away from our draft picks who need the experience.

Real fans at this point want to see the young guys play and have been begging for the team to do so for years. We finally got a small glimpse at the end of the season. We were beating good teams and guys like Bacon and Bridges showed a ton of potential. Since we didn’t trade Kemba I thought it was a lock we were keeping him which I was fine with since it looked like we finally turned the corner and were done giving bums like Batum major minutes. The last 10 or so games of the season gave me a ton of hope for the future of this team. We are now back to square one because we no longer have a star player who could potentially attract another guy to come play with him when we get cap space next season.

The reasoning behind all of this is what doesn’t make any sense. Jordan didn’t want to pay the tax but is now going to lose money because the Hornets aren’t going to sell many tickets or merchandise this year and next unless we land the number 1 pick.

We all need to pray the draft gods are on our side and the ping pong balls bounce our way the next few years.

1 minute ago, Eazy-E said:

That is my concern. No one you mentioned is going to put butts in seats and sell tickets but they will take minutes away from our draft picks who need the experience.

Real fans at this point want to see the young guys play and have been begging for the team to do so for years. We finally got a small glimpse at the end of the season. We were beating good teams and guys like Bacon and Bridges showed a ton of potential. Since we didn’t trade Kemba I thought it was a lock we were keeping him which I was fine with since it looked like we finally turned the corner and were done giving bums like Batum major minutes. The last 10 or so games of the season gave me a ton of hope for the future of this team. We are now back to square one because we no longer have a star player who could potentially attract another guy to come play with him when we get cap space next season.

The reasoning behind all of this is what doesn’t make any sense. Jordan didn’t want to pay the tax but is now going to lose money because the Hornets aren’t going to sell many tickets or merchandise this year and next unless we land the number 1 pick.

We all need to pray the draft gods are on our side and the ping pong balls bounce our way the next few years.

Being mediocre will keep fans in the arena.  Making the playoffs will sell merchandise and extra money in the pocket. Most of these people that attend the games aren’t really fans. Theyre people who work in uptown trying to find something to do and drink with friends after work

9 minutes ago, Shocker said:

If our starting lineup is something like Graham/Monk, Bacon, Bridges, Washington, Zeller I will give the team my full support. If they start Batum and Marvin I fuging give up.

I would be cool with trying to re sign Frank but I’m sure he wants nothing to do with this franchise.

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, pennywise said:

Being mediocre will keep fans in the arena.  Making the playoffs will sell merchandise and extra money in the pocket. Most of these people that attend the games aren’t really fans. Theyre people who work in uptown trying to find something to do and drink with friends after work

And that is why the franchise reportedly operates in the red. A business can’t sustain that forever. They will eventually need to be sold / bought out.

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, Shocker said:

So much disrespect towards the GOAT.

14B853DA-AAE1-4DC8-8D7A-1A95B62A486B.gif

17 minutes ago, Eazy-E said:

And that is why the franchise reportedly operates in the red. A business can’t sustain that forever. They will eventually need to be sold / bought out.

They are in the black only because of revenue sharing. It's why MJ wouldn't go any higher on Kemba's deal, hitting tax means no revenue sharing. Meant the team would've operated in the red during the next season. 

Hornets made 22m in net profit last season. The team has been in the black for 6 straight seasons now. 

Edited by carpanfan96
  • Pie 2

10 hours ago, carpanfan96 said:

The team has been in the black for 6 straight seasons now. 

Def not the case. 

8 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Def not the case. 

Forbes estimates Charlotte turned a profit of $22 million in 2018-19, meaning the Hornets have finished in the black for six consecutive years. The $22 million profit, on revenue of $213 million, is the best financial performance for the franchise since the NBA returned in 2004. 

Here

Here

Here

Team requires the leagues revenue sharing to accomplish it but he's got the team making money and doing so for six years in a row. 

• Pie 2

16 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

Forbes estimates Charlotte turned a profit of $22 million in 2018-19, meaning the Hornets have finished in the black for six consecutive years. The $22 million profit, on revenue of $213 million, is the best financial performance for the franchise since the NBA returned in 2004. 

Here

Here

Here

Team requires the leagues revenue sharing to accomplish it but he's got the team making money and doing so for six years in a row.

Curious, how much money did Forbes say the team made in the 2013-2014 season?

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

Curious, how much money did Forbes say the team made in the 2013-2014 season?

1.2m 

• Pie 1

9 hours ago, carpanfan96 said:

1.2m 

The truth is they lost $34 million prior to food stamps and $12 million after.  This information directly from inside NBA documents.

The Forbes estimates aren't even close and cannot be relied upon, they have no idea what they are talking about.

"The Hornets and Pistons would be dead without revenue sharing, and they’re expected to end up in the red even with it. Charlotte is projected to lose nearly $34 million in basketball operations, and its monster estimated $22 million revenue-sharing check can’t make up for that."

https://grantland.com/the-triangle/grantland-exclusive-the-jason-kidd-mess-has-a-144-million-pricetag/

Edited by Stoney