Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Catsmiaow

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Who knew so much damn drama would arise from us winning with a backup?
    • But the Bucs game has an asterisk next to it, honestly. No moral victories here but a healthy Cam or Kyle and that game turns out the way the London game went. 
    • Don't know where you're 'digging in' but you're wrong. The 16% figure you quoted is only for additional supporting roles like psychologists and teaching assistants. 45% goes to restore/augment arts, science and history education. Something that's been sorely lacking as they've hacked away at it for the last 30 or so years. So 61% goes toward education in Mecklenburg County. Of course we should be the ones covering the expense. Who the fug else would do it?! You have three kids, I have none. You're way more of a resource burden on our city than my family is. If anyone should be bitching about higher taxes it should be me, but I see the value in educated children and more places for them to enjoy the outdoors, even for those that aren't mine. You should too.    The revenue garnered through this proposed quarter-cent increase in the sales tax (approximately $50 million per year) will be invested in Mecklenburg County in four ways: 45% ($22.5 million) to restore and expand arts, science and history education in public schools, enable cultural programs that reach deep into neighborhoods and ensure residents have access to arts and culture regardless of where they live or what they can afford 34% ($17 million) in increased funding for our parks and greenways to revitalize our system, which was ranked near the bottom of a recent national study of metropolitan parks systems 16% ($8 million) for increased teacher supplements and additional classroom support, such as psychologists and teacher assistants 5% ($2.5 million) for arts and culture programs and parks in Cornelius, Davidson, Huntersville, Matthews, Mint Hill and Pineville. For each of us, the increase amounts to five cents for every $20 we spend, and it excludes groceries, gas and prescription medicine. I believe this is a small investment relative to the benefits our community will reap in educational experiences for all our citizens.
  • Masters of PIE !