Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

pennywise

Kawhi will go to Lakers

Reported by Chris Broussard on Undisputed. 

There’s your 2019-2020 champions. This is why I hate basketball. No real competition. 1-2 teams are already crowned champion before the season start. And the lottery is rigged. 

21 hours ago, pennywise said:

There’s your 2019-2020 champions. This is why I hate basketball. No real competition. 1-2 teams are already crowned champion before the season start. And the lottery is rigged. 

Why would the NBA rig the lottery so that the New Orleans Pelicans get Zion Williamson? If anything they would've rigged it for the Knicks because the revenue windfall by Zion in New York would be massive. 

48 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

Why would the NBA rig the lottery so that the New Orleans Pelicans get Zion Williamson? If anything they would've rigged it for the Knicks because the revenue windfall by Zion in New York would be massive. 

They owe Benson and his family more promises after they took the team off the NBA's hands?   It all started by getting them Davis.     To be serious though, there has been number crunching and everything in articles and the lottery is definitely suspect.   

4 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

They owe Benson and his family more promises after they took the team off the NBA's hands?   It all started by getting them Davis.     To be serious though, there has been number crunching and everything in articles and the lottery is definitely suspect.   

I dislike the lottery. There should be tanking penalties but I believe the draft order should be determined in a more traditional way. The Pelicans getting the Top pick considering the fact they lost Davis is piss poor. After losing Davis, they should've been in a position for next season. 

Perhaps a tanking conclusion could be reached resulting in Cap Penalties? Or something that would otherwise create extreme difficulty in building out a complete roster, making the First Pick all but useless for two years or so. 

Regardless, I have a feeling that the Hornets picking number one would somehow result in a screw up. I'd be excited for a bonified star player to end up here to see what kind of Owner Jordan can be when he has some quality personnel. Batum was supposed to be able to elevate the team but instead he fell off. So now the Hornets end up with yet another Kentucky wing player and let Walker, well, walk while having no real star power or even middling NBA talents. 

All hope for Lottery Picks the next two years and developing some of these wing players. When Batum's contract comes off the books, if the Hornets are to get in the Top 3 in the Lottery the Hornets should be in a position to attract some talent. Given the Jordan/LeBron arguments, if the Lottery is rigged, you'd think that the Hornets would be in a prime position to get a pick because the allure of the third best player in League History owning the team. 

On 7/2/2019 at 5:52 PM, pennywise said:

The Lakers have missed the playoffs for 6 straight seasons and the got swept 4-0 in the 1st round 7 seasons ago.

Really?!?

48 minutes ago, Stoney said:

The Lakers have missed the playoffs for 6 straight seasons and the got swept 4-0 in the 1st round 7 seasons ago.

Really?!?

Wut

Kawhi needs to hurry up and make his decision. I'm tired of waiting and listening to these morons on TV speculate like they know what he's going to do. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Cookie Lyon said:

Kawhi needs to hurry up and make his decision. I'm tired of waiting and listening to these morons on TV speculate like they know what he's going to do. 

Hahaha

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, saX man said:

1+1 Back in Canada.  LA next year.

My boy and I were talking about this yesterday, and that’s how I’d do it.

8 hours ago, Cookie Lyon said:

So much fake news that’s come out of this. One minute LA is out of the running, then the next they’re the favorite. I’m tired of it.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, AggieLean said:

So much fake news that’s come out of this. One minute LA is out of the running, then the next they’re the favorite. I’m tired of it.

Exactly.