Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
ncfan

Should we have a problem with Malik Monk not playing in the Summer league?

Monk has slowly becoming a bust.  Apparently hasn't developed yet still having to spend time in Greensboro 

But he wont play in the summer league?  Where he can get more pt and try to develop and work? 

When Bacon (who is Way ahead of him in development) is out there playing.  But Monk won

When his own teammates are trying to get him to go out there and play.....but he wont

Should we have a problem?  This guy, who should be stepping in already and now with Kemba gone.  A guy who already has a fanbase wanting to see something after passing on Donavon Mitchell for him.  A guy who still had to spend time in Greensboro last year, but wont play in thebsummer league

Edited by ncfan
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

I’d rather make sure he is healthy with Lamb gone.  Wait we are supposed to tank.  Not sure then

I do not really like Monk's attitude about it, if it isn't injury he should be trying to get better. Instead he passed up Bacon and Bridges attempts to get him to play this summer. That is not good. He needs to step up.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

I'm fine with it.  I'm sure he's working, let the young guys figure it out.

I actually thought he was going to be pretty good. He has not made any progress at all since being in the NBA. He peaked in the UK loss to Carolina  when he went crazy in the last minute of that game. 

1 hour ago, pennywise said:

Monk + 2020 1st + 2021 1st + MKG for Capela

fuging ew

5 hours ago, ncfan said:

Monk has slowly becoming a bust.  Apparently hasn't developed yet still having to spend time in Greensboro 

But he wont play in the summer league?  Where he can get more pt and try to develop and work? 

When Bacon (who is Way ahead of him in development) is out there playing.  But Monk won

When his own teammates are trying to get him to go out there and play.....but he wont

Should we have a problem?  This guy, who should be stepping in already and now with Kemba gone.  A guy who already has a fanbase wanting to see something after passing on Donavon Mitchell for him.  A guy who still had to spend time in Greensboro last year, but wont play in thebsummer league

This is pathetic...monk thinks he is too good to play summer ball

why, why, did we not trade him in a deal with Kemba for anything

• Beer 2

Summer League is a fun opportunity where the guys can practice by actually getting game experience (which should be a lot of fun for them).

I'm not saying Malik isn't working on his game right now but if given the opportunity to practice in a game situation verses just running drills, I feel like most guys would choose the game. If he's not willing to work on his craft in a game situation he may not even be working on his game at all right now.

Malik seems to have the same attitude that Frank had before Frank realized his NBA future was on the line.

The Hornets need more guys who are willing to work hard as talent alone isn't going to get it done in the NBA.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Beer 2

Unless he has a particularly good reason for not playing, then it is something that is of concern. If he doesn't, I would hope that he is diligently working on his own to improve his game in this offseason. Perhaps he views some of his private workouts/training as more productive than playing in a little bit of a pick up setting. 

If not, however, it will be a pretty clear indicator of what the fans have seen, that he is destined to be a bust.

His days here are numbered, and that's a good thing.  Hell, he's probably happier about that than we are.

• Pie 1

it is insulting to have him play on the summer league.. let him get solid minutes this year and watch..

the 2019 Summer League is not going to turn his career around..