Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

pennywise

Proof that MJ is a big piece of crap

Washington Wizards

2001: drafted Kwame Brown #1

2002: traded Rip Hamilton for Jerry Stackhouse which helped Detroit win a championship 

Charlotte Bobcats/Hornets

2006: drafted Adam Morrison over Brandon Roy, Rudy Gay

2007: traded the 8th pick to GSW for Jason Richardson. Joakim Noah was the 9th pick 

2008: draft DJ Augustin at 9th over Brook Lopez (10th), Roy Hibbert and George Hill. Also traded a future 1st (2010) to Denver for Alexis Ajinca. Ajinca was drafted ahead of Serge Ibaka, Nikola Pekovic and Deandre Jordan

2009: drafted Gerald Henderson over Jrue Holiday

2010: no picks 

2011: got it right with Kemba Walker at 9. But drafted Bismack Biyombo over Klay Thompson, both Morris brothers, Kawhi Leonard, Nikola Vucevic, Tobias Harris, Kenneth Faried, and Jimmy Butler

2012: drafted Michael Kidd-Gilchrist over Bradley Beal, Damian Lillard, Harrison Barnes, Andre Drummond, Draymond Green, Khris Middleton

2013: drafted Cody Zeller over Giannis Antetokounmpo, Rudy Gobert, Nerlens Noel, Steven Adams, Kelly Olynyk, Dennis Schröder, Gorgui Dieng, and Tim Hardaway Jr

2014: drafted Noah Vonleh over Dario Saric, Zach Lavine, TJ Warren, Jusuf Nurkic, Gary Harris, Rodney Hood and Clint Capela. Drafted PJ Hairston over Bogdan Bogdanovic, Spencer Dinwiddie, Jerami Grant, Nikola Jokic, Joe Harris and Jordan Clarkson, 

2015: drafted Frank Kaminsky over Devin Booker, Justise Winslow, Myles Turner, Terry Rozier, Montrezl Harrell

2016: traded the 22nd pick to SAC for Marco Belinelli. Pascal Siakam went 27 and Malcom Brogdon went 36. 

2017: drafted Malik Monk over Donovan Mitchell 

2018: got it right with Bridges and Graham

2019: tbd but should’ve lost more games and took someone like Jaxson Hayes. 

So dont tell me to quit looking at hindsight 20/20. You really cant make this crap up. 

Edited by pennywise
  • Pie 1

you can do this with literally every team's draft history.. our history just happens to be the absolute worst of the worst..

DJ Augustine was a Larry Brown pick..
Biz & Zeller were certainly Cho picks..
Kemba and Frank def were MJ picks..

there is a lot of nuance issue with each draft - but when looking back you def have to shake your head..

• Pie 2

19 hours ago, pennywise said:

Washington Wizards

2001: drafted Kwame Brown #1

2002: traded Rip Hamilton for Jerry Stackhouse which helped Detroit win a championship 

Charlotte Bobcats/Hornets

2006: drafted Adam Morrison over Brandon Roy, Rudy Gay

2007: traded the 8th pick to GSW for Jason Richardson. Joakim Noah was the 9th pick 

2008: draft DJ Augustin at 9th over Brook Lopez (10th), Roy Hibbert and George Hill. Also traded a future 1st (2010) to Denver for Alexis Ajinca. Ajinca was drafted ahead of Serge Ibaka, Nikola Pekovic and Deandre Jordan

2009: drafted Gerald Henderson over Jrue Holiday

2010: no picks 

2011: got it right with Kemba Walker at 9. But drafted Bismack Biyombo over Klay Thompson, both Morris brothers, Kawhi Leonard, Nikola Vucevic, Tobias Harris, Kenneth Faried, and Jimmy Butler

2012: drafted Michael Kidd-Gilchrist over Bradley Beal, Damian Lillard, Harrison Barnes, Andre Drummond, Draymond Green, Khris Middleton

2013: drafted Cody Zeller over Giannis Antetokounmpo, Rudy Gobert, Nerlens Noel, Steven Adams, Kelly Olynyk, Dennis Schröder, Gorgui Dieng, and Tim Hardaway Jr

2014: drafted Noah Vonleh over Dario Saric, Zach Lavine, TJ Warren, Jusuf Nurkic, Gary Harris, Rodney Hood and Clint Capela. Drafted PJ Hairston over Bogdan Bogdanovic, Spencer Dinwiddie, Jerami Grant, Nikola Jokic, Joe Harris and Jordan Clarkson, 

2015: drafted Frank Kaminsky over Devin Booker, Justise Winslow, Myles Turner, Terry Rozier, Montrezl Harrell

2016: traded the 22nd pick to SAC for Marco Belinelli. Pascal Siakam went 27 and Malcom Brogdon went 36. 

2017: drafted Malik Monk over Donovan Mitchell 

2018: got it right with Bridges and Graham

2019: tbd but should’ve lost more games and took someone like Jaxson Hayes. 

So dont tell me to quit looking at hindsight 20/20. You really cant make this crap up. 

I still  haven't wrapped my head around the 2017 draft choice of Malik Monk over Donovan Mitchell. This whole lists speaks of serious deficiencies in the Hornets' scouting. And MJ is steadily becoming one of the worst owners of a professional sports franchise. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Prowler2k18 said:

I still  haven't wrapped my head around the 2017 draft choice of Malik Monk over Donovan Mitchell. This whole lists speaks of serious deficiencies in the Hornets' scouting. And MJ is steadily becoming one of the worst owners of a professional sports franchise. 

I think he's been wearing that crown for a while

• Pie 4

MJ just drafts with his heart I think.  He got lucky with Kemba and probably thought that justified himself to keep up with it.

My wife used to get tickets from her work for the original Charlotte Hornet team that played in the old Charlotte Coliseum on Tyvola Road. We used to love going to those games. Good team, great, enthusiastic crowds, every game a sell-out. Went to one game in the last 5 years on free tickets, can't remember anything about it other than the empty seats and the Bobcats, err, Hornets lost. We get offered free tickets every once in a while but decline them. If the owner doesn't care about winning, why support him?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

33 minutes ago, bull123 said:

Rich Cho was an abomination....just friggin terrible

and yes MJ hired him

You want a head coaching list too? I can make another thread. I really can. 

6 hours ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

you can do this with literally every team's draft history.. our history just happens to be the absolute worst of the worst..

there is a lot of nuance issue with each draft - but when looking back you def have to shake your head..

While this is true...the draft is a fuggin crapshoot, we have been especially shety.  It can be said the only good player we ever drafted was Kemba.  And we essentially chose Bizmack Bimbo over him.  :Eyes_Emoji_42x42:  And Kawhi went 15 in that draft?!  Jesus.

The draft is the tip of the ice berg with these morons. 

Edited by Shocker
  • Beer 2

1 hour ago, Shocker said:

While this is true...the draft is a fuggin crapshoot, we have been especially shety.  It can be said the only good player we ever drafted was Kemba.  And we essentially chose Bizmack Bimbo over him.  :Eyes_Emoji_42x42:  And Kawhi went 15 in that draft?!  Jesus.

The draft is the tip of the ice berg with these morons. 

To be fair,  I wanted DeAndre Jordan over Alexis Ajinca in that Draft. Jordan only averaged like 7 ppg at A&M, but I said who cares? He's a five star athletic freak draft him. 

The majority of these picks we could've done better than these ass holes. 

Edited by JakeDel5674
  • Beer 2

7 hours ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

Of course, you can do this for every team. But history shows that we suck at it more with MJ than 29 other teams. 

Who takes MKG over Bradley Beal? MJ always drafted guys to sell tickets, not for basketball reasons. 

MJ biggest issue is not his draft picks those are naturally hit or miss..Jordans problem is that he hires people that he is friends with or worked with in the past. Curtis Polk, Rod Higgins, Pat Ewing and Mitch all are friends of Jordan and thats not how you do good business.

22 minutes ago, countryboi said:

MJ biggest issue is not his draft picks those are naturally hit or miss..Jordans problem is that he hires people that he is friends with or worked with in the past. Curtis Polk, Rod Higgins, Pat Ewing and Mitch all are friends of Jordan and thats not how you do good business.

And the one friend that he needed to hire (kerr), he didnt

I don’t mind laying my cards on the table on this teams drafts.  I liked the Zeller pick at the time.  I also liked the Monk pick...at the time.  I have disagreed with all the rest first rounders back to Okafor...but he was definitely my #2 pick in that draft.  Wasn’t sold on Kemba to be honest but he worked his way to greatness.

I must add...these players overall are not as skilled as they used to be, not close.  Fundamentally.  Does anyone else see this?

Edited by Shocker
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Shocker said:

I don’t mind laying my cards on the table on this teams drafts.  I liked the Zeller pick at the time.  I also liked the Monk pick...at the time.  I have disagreed with all the rest first rounders back to Okafor...but he was definitely my #2 pick in that draft.  Wasn’t sold on Kemba to be honest but he worked his way to greatness.

I must add...these players overall are not as skilled as they used to be, not close.  Fundamentally.  Does anyone else see this?

Okafor didnt turn out but he was the right pick and played well for years. Even won roty over Dwight. 

I was a fan of mkg and monk but again I am just a fat couch potato. I dont get pay thousands to millions to work for a professional sport team.