Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
PhillyB

Panthers welcome Megan Rapinoe

8 minutes ago, Snake said:

Why does this have to do with Trump.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Trump can be just as obnoxious and it's why people don't like him. He doesn't step on the American flag though and disrespect it. 

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/rapinoe-flag-stomp/

So basically being foul mouth is fine except coming from her? I will say this for a US woman who just brought the World Cup to the USA I'm kind of surprised at the response. 

9 hours ago, JakeDel5674 said:

Yeah, that's not how life works. If said male says they would have sex with said female that usually means with consent from said female. But alright. 

jennifer lawrence ok GIF

3 hours ago, Stoney said:

Out of curiosity I googled "Megan Rapinoe gets death threats"....

....not a single story to that effect comes up.

However, 2 pages of results come back about death threats being directed at the Canadian television announcer (her name is Kaylyn Kyle) who criticized the American squad (and deservedly so) for low class behavior during the 13-0 blowout....

You seriously don’t think she got any death threats for her anti-Trump comments?? In this extremely toxic political climate? If you’re being serious then I honestly don’t know what to tell you.

FYI I’d be willing to bet that those death threats towards that tv announcer were from conservatives spewing their “that’s anti-American!!!” rhetoric.

269024DB-DB9B-4813-B7AE-2BE764573711.jpeg

i love how far our fan base has come over the last decade. five or ten years ago the poo to pie ratio on this would've told a dramatically different story

• Pie 1

What I gather reading this thread-

Guys in here saying “my bigotry is my opinion and you have to deal with it” almost like they’re proud of it  

Well prepare to deal with bad intentions if you want to be a bigot. 

She said she wouldn’t go to the fuging White House and some of you pussies in here are offended by that. And she’s arrogant and cocky??

how soft are you if this offends you lolllllll

Rapinoe has bigger balls than some of you 

• Pie 6
  • Poo 1

1 hour ago, Snake said:

Why does this have to do with Trump.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Trump can be just as obnoxious and it's why people don't like him. He doesn't step on the American flag though and disrespect it. 

Maybe you should actually look at the footage before reading something and running with it? 

stop this nonsense. stop perpetuating lies.

• Pie 5

5 hours ago, MasterAwesome said:

Nothing more cowardly than publicly espousing a conviction she holds so strongly, that she’s willing to accept the subsequent radical division of her fan base and opening herself up to countless death threats from brainwashed lunatics...right? :thinking:

Oh please, these are the same acts that got Kaepernick a Nike ad campaign despite getting benched and then washing out of the NFL. Can we stop pretending she is some victim with nothing to gain? Can we stop pretending all major news outlets, besides Fox and including ESPN, aren’t overwhelmingly anti Trump? 

Aside from that, yes, she is a coward for declining the opportunity to meet her enemy face to face. She wants all the media attention that comes with her tweets and acts, but when she has an opportunity to actually advocate for her beliefs face to face with the president himself she acts like a petulant child.

5 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Maybe you should actually look at the footage before reading something and running with it? 

stop this nonsense. stop perpetuating lies.

crazy 

4 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

Oh please, these are the same acts that got Kaepernick a Nike ad campaign despite getting benched and then washing out of the NFL. Can we stop pretending she is some victim with nothing to gain? Can we stop pretending all major news outlets, besides Fox and including ESPN, aren’t overwhelmingly anti Trump? 

Aside from that, yes, she is a coward for declining the opportunity to meet her enemy face to face. She wants all the media attention that comes with her tweets and acts, but when she has an opportunity to actually advocate for her beliefs face to face with the president himself she acts like a petulant child.

Meet her enemy face to face?  What were they going to do throw hands when they meet at the White House?

14 minutes ago, Bostonheelfish said:

Meet her enemy face to face?  What were they going to do throw hands when they meet at the White House?

Literally said in the next sentence what she could have done. However, would be fine with your alternative.

1 hour ago, Smithers said:

Find another team to root for because the team hosts someone that someone personally doesn’t agree with?  Doesn’t that contradict the very narrative that Rapinoe is trying to push?  Hypocrite.  

also i remember her interview on cnn talking about what she would say to trump...meanwhile i dont see her visiting the white house to air her grievances to him personally...the clemson football team had some who didnt visit when they smashed bama..but they didnt make it some massive announcement..if you dont like trump  so be it..no need to make some big announcement and what not about it though...trump supporters watch her games as well.

• Poo 1

27 minutes ago, Bostonheelfish said:

or maybe air out her grievances to his face..its easy to flap your gums on progressive networks about how "orange man bad"

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1