Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
thebigcat

Why the CAROLINA PANTHERS will win the SuperBowl this year

There's no sugar coating this, there's no maybe/Kinda/Sorta, if Cam Newton's shoulder is right (it was sore last year and then the TJ Watt hit finished that shoulder) then this is the year of the Panthers.

Here's why:

We were a 6-2 team with rookies at WR / CB, playing without a LT or RT that were slated starters, playing with aging vets in the secondary (Adams, Captain) and hanging on to vets who had clearly lost a step (TD). Then the shot came at Cam's shoulder and all the buzz and momentum was suddenly gone.

Enter 2019 season:

Cam's shoulder by all accounts appears ahead of course

This is one of our best FA classes in the history of the franchise. We resigned a premier RT, top C available, Top 5 DT and added pressure to the pass rushing with Irvin, resigned Reid who is an enforcer, resigned DW who was on his way to a massive payday. 

The Hogan signing is maybe one of the most clutch because his value is immense if Greg goes down for any reason, yes Hogan isn't a TE but he is Mr. 3rd Down and was TB12's go to in those moments, Cam loves security blankets and that is what Hogan is. It won't show up in the 2019 season stat sheet, but it'll show up in games down by 4 and it's 3rd and 6 with 4 min left to play and Hogan gets a 8 yard reception.

We know what we have in Luke, we know if Cam's shoulder is right what he brings

CMC is slated for a Ladanian Tomlinson kind of year, he is that primed, I think Norv Turner worked with LT when he was at the height of the RBs in the league

DJ Moore is ready for breakout season, he is the bonafide #1 with Samuel being #2, no more running Funch on deep bomb routes that take 23 seconds to develop

The rookie class is promising but that's a crap shoot. Little/Burns should be day #1 starters with Miller coming in on rotational support.

Coaching/Front Office:

Ron knows it, so does Marty, it is a production business and both of these men are "all in" on results. Ron usually puts up a 12-4 campaign when his back is against the wall and he was on course for that last year until Cam's shoulder went bye. Ron getting a time manager coach is important, we know his time management/clock use is suspect at best. Watching All or None, he never lost that locker room, he is the quintessential players coach. 

You can laugh at my admiration for Tom Brady and Bill Belichick but I respect people who are dedicated to their craft and those two are the best in the business. 

920x920.jpg

AR-305069808.jpg

Bruce-Irvin-takes-high-road-following-release-from-Raiders.jpg

chris-hogan-020117-usnews-getty-ftr_x95lyqjv42kt1phibo6o57a7m.jpg

daryl-williams.jpg

• Pie 6
  • Beer 2
  • Poo 1

Just now, electro's horse said:

i bet hogan doesn't even make the team.

Agreed, I think Wright is still our third down guy, he was pretty solid in that role last year. My expectations are tempered this year, I feel like our window has closed but hey any team can catch lighting in a bottle. Hope its a good season, but with pep, Ryan, and TD gone I'm just not as invested emotionally. Hopefully some new blood can help replace them but man its going to take some time.

• Poo 1

9 minutes ago, Go DJ that's my DJ said:

Agreed, I think Wright is still our third down guy, he was pretty solid in that role last year. My expectations are tempered this year, I feel like our window has closed but hey any team can catch lighting in a bottle. Hope its a good season, but with pep, Ryan, and TD gone I'm just not as invested emotionally. Hopefully some new blood can help replace them but man its going to take some time.

The window is wide open as long as you have #1 & #59.... Those two are in their prime

• Pie 3

Sure, with a healthy Cam for 16 games and a postseason run this team can do anything. But after two surgeries you can’t just say he’s fine now. What will the effects be after he takes hits over an 8-10 game period?

And you really can’t count on Williams and Paradis. Both are coming off serious injuries and could easily end up on IR. 

Thinking maybe CMC is just as important to this team as Cam is. What happens if he goes down and we have to rely on one of the rookies or CAP?

5 hours ago, Go DJ that's my DJ said:

Smith will get cut before Hogan.  Wright isn't going anywhere.  Torrey is competing with Ross and Robinson for the 5th and likely last WR spot.  I think we will carry 3 QBs this year and possibly a 4th TE.  That said, I don't think we carry 6 WRs.

• Pie 1

Four factors in a Super Bowl run, in order: Cam arm is 100% right, O-line pass protects well, key guys stay healthy and the defense picks up the 3-4 sooner than later.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

12 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I think we will carry 3 QBs this year and possibly a 4th TE.  That said, I don't think we carry 6 WRs.

Bad Hurney. fuging stupid. 

20 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Bad Hurney. fuging stupid. 

Which part?  The extra offensive players or not carrying 6 WRs?  I've said it before, if we are that reliant on our 6th WR, then the top 5 aren't holding up their end of the deal.  That last WR should only see STs action if even activated on game days.

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, thebigcat said:

There's no sugar coating this, there's no maybe/Kinda/Sorta, if Cam Newton's shoulder is right (it was sore last year and then the TJ Watt hit finished that shoulder) then this is the year of the Panthers.

Here's why:

We were a 6-2 team with rookies at WR / CB, playing without a LT or RT that were slated starters, playing with aging vets in the secondary (Adams, Captain) and hanging on to vets who had clearly lost a step (TD). Then the shot came at Cam's shoulder and all the buzz and momentum was suddenly gone.

Enter 2019 season:

Cam's shoulder by all accounts appears ahead of course

This is one of our best FA classes in the history of the franchise. We resigned a premier RT, top C available, Top 5 DT and added pressure to the pass rushing with Irvin, resigned Reid who is an enforcer, resigned DW who was on his way to a massive payday. 

The Hogan signing is maybe one of the most clutch because his value is immense if Greg goes down for any reason, yes Hogan isn't a TE but he is Mr. 3rd Down and was TB12's go to in those moments, Cam loves security blankets and that is what Hogan is. It won't show up in the 2019 season stat sheet, but it'll show up in games down by 4 and it's 3rd and 6 with 4 min left to play and Hogan gets a 8 yard reception.

We know what we have in Luke, we know if Cam's shoulder is right what he brings

CMC is slated for a Ladanian Tomlinson kind of year, he is that primed, I think Norv Turner worked with LT when he was at the height of the RBs in the league

DJ Moore is ready for breakout season, he is the bonafide #1 with Samuel being #2, no more running Funch on deep bomb routes that take 23 seconds to develop

The rookie class is promising but that's a crap shoot. Little/Burns should be day #1 starters with Miller coming in on rotational support.

Coaching/Front Office:

Ron knows it, so does Marty, it is a production business and both of these men are "all in" on results. Ron usually puts up a 12-4 campaign when his back is against the wall and he was on course for that last year until Cam's shoulder went bye. Ron getting a time manager coach is important, we know his time management/clock use is suspect at best. Watching All or None, he never lost that locker room, he is the quintessential players coach. 

You can laugh at my admiration for Tom Brady and Bill Belichick but I respect people who are dedicated to their craft and those two are the best in the business. 

920x920.jpg

AR-305069808.jpg

Bruce-Irvin-takes-high-road-following-release-from-Raiders.jpg

chris-hogan-020117-usnews-getty-ftr_x95lyqjv42kt1phibo6o57a7m.jpg

daryl-williams.jpg

I agree. I usually don’t expect much going into any season, but I believe we’ve got it this year.

Panthers have always seemed to build on the momentum of the previous seasons. 2018’s second half, the Panthers went 1-7. They were the worst team in the NFL the last 8 games.

I have a very hard time believing this is a Super Bowl team let alone a playoff team. I think this is an 8-8/9-7 team that might make the playoffs if they get some lucky breaks. That’s with a 75% healthy Cam Newton which is about the best I think we can expect him to be the rest of his career. If Cam misses significant time they might be 6-10 or worse.

Overall the team has been trending down since the peak of the 2015 season and nothing has happened to change that. So until it does I think a season around .500 is what we should expect.

If all the ifs fall our way....the 1st being no injuries to starters or significant players, this could be the year.  There is talent on this team.  With Norv on offense and Ron on defense...coaching is solid.  Job year for everyone.  I think injuries are the key.

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, hepcat said:

Panthers have always seemed to build on the momentum of the previous seasons. 2018’s second half, the Panthers went 1-7. They were the worst team in the NFL the last 8 games.

I have a very hard time believing this is a Super Bowl team let alone a playoff team. I think this is an 8-8/9-7 team that might make the playoffs if they get some lucky breaks. That’s with a 75% healthy Cam Newton which is about the best I think we can expect him to be the rest of his career. If Cam misses significant time they might be 6-10 or worse.

Overall the team has been trending down since the peak of the 2015 season and nothing has happened to change that. So until it does I think a season around .500 is what we should expect.

We don’t have back to back winning seasons, how do we build momentum off any season? The only season I can think of where we built on something was 2014 into 2015. We finished 2014 5-1 with the only loss being a Seattle playoff loss when we had a chance to tie but threw a 90 yard pick 6. The bigger part of that streak was that we found an OL that worked and then added Oher to the other 4. Since Cam and Ron, that’s the only time we finished strong and actually carried something into the next year.

2 hours ago, hepcat said:

So you pretty much just skipped over all the studs added to the offense in the last couple years, addition of norv and son to help cam and the offense, the boost to the OL, and improvements to the pass rush with Rivera finally taking over the defense.

• Pie 1