Jump to content
Carolina Huddle

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jeremy Igo

Daryl Williams to get a look at left guard and left tackle

Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, shaqattaq said:

Van Roton, Larsen, Daley??  We're actually kinda deep, even if none of these strike terror into the hearts of defensive coordinators. VR was certainly serviceable last season.

Van Roten looked OK to start the season. Heck we even were surprised at Clark early, but both of them got worse as the season progressed. Van Roten is depth, that’s it. Williams should easily beat him out for LG and heck if Little can’t beat out Williams for LT or Van Roten for LG then that’s not good at least for 2019.

Honestly, I’d rather see what Daley can do than have another season of Van Roten starting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


F04A0324-B181-4340-BFBC-2A157869797D.jpeg.32029e4c7be0026e6e1d305bc1436930.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wish hurney would just limit his meddling positional conversions to his misfit day 2 defensive back projects he takes on and not proven all-pro offensive tackles that were established here before he was literally shepherded back to full capacity GM but i guess that’s just too much to ask for from this stubborn bitch of an organization

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We potentially have best OL depth in a while...we will see

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, frash.exe said:

wish hurney would just limit his meddling positional conversions to his misfit day 2 defensive back projects he takes on and not proven all-pro offensive tackles that were established here before he was literally shepherded back to full capacity GM but i guess that’s just too much to ask for from this stubborn bitch of an organization

Positional conversions like somehow thinking Nate Chandler who was a defensive lineman would somehow magically become a starting tackle? So much so that he was given the start at left tackle protecting our franchise QB, and actually looked worse than Byron Bell. That kind of "positional conversion"? I don't recall hearing much ire from you about that at the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Positional conversions like somehow thinking Nate Chandler who was a defensive lineman would somehow magically become a starting tackle? So much so that he was given the start at left tackle protecting our franchise QB, and actually looked worse than Byron Bell. That kind of "positional conversion"? I don't recall hearing much ire from you about that at the time.

gettleman was trying to make chicken salad out of the chicken poo hurney left him

williams is our most experienced tackle and we’re looking to shift him inside 

you should be outraging over this bc you know it affects cam but you’re so eager to nibble on hurney’s taint i guess he gets a pass

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


3 minutes ago, frash.exe said:

gettleman was trying to make chicken salad out of the chicken poo hurney left him

williams is our most experienced tackle and we’re looking to shift him inside 

you should be outraging over this bc you know it affects cam but you’re so eager to nibble on hurney’s taint i guess he gets a pass

Let’s just hope Greg Little comes through because putting Daryl at left tackle is scary to me. 

I’d rather see:

moton, little, paradis, trai, daryl 

There’s only two players that fit the mold of a franchise LT and neither are Daryl. He’s a prototype RT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Let’s just hope Greg Little comes through because putting Daryl at left tackle is scary to me. 

I’d rather see:

moton, little, paradis, trai, daryl 

There’s only two players that fit the mold of a franchise LT and neither are Daryl. He’s a prototype RT.

yes i agree they should leave daryl where he excelled

moton started at LT against the cowboys and he only shifted to the right out of necessity bc williams was hurt. it should be moton as the first team LT starter and let little develop underneath him. moton is more versatile coming out of college and daryl’s development is way further along, not to mention daryl has been playing at RT going back through almost his entire college career. so how this configuration hurney is promoting makes sense to ppl eludes me.

but logic be damned bc we gotta get cute with the shifting of the vets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, frash.exe said:

gettleman was trying to make chicken salad out of the chicken poo hurney left him

williams is our most experienced tackle and we’re looking to shift him inside 

you should be outraging over this bc you know it affects cam but you’re so eager to nibble on hurney’s taint i guess he gets a pass

So Gettleman thought it’d be a good idea to sign Hurney’s “chicken poo” to a 3-year extension? Wow what an idiot...I agree. Bet Richardson just made him do it cause Chandler’s cousin’s neighbor went to Wofford or something. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, frash.exe said:

gettleman was trying to make chicken salad out of the chicken poo hurney left him

Sort of like having to shuffle the OL a bit in 2019 because we are hamstrung after shedding the contract of a certain left tackle who shall not be named?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, frash.exe said:

yes i agree they should leave daryl where he excelled

moton started at LT against the cowboys and he only shifted to the right out of necessity bc williams was hurt. it should be moton as the first team LT starter and let little develop underneath him. moton is more versatile coming out of college and daryl’s development is way further along, not to mention daryl has been playing at RT going back through almost his entire college career. so how this configuration hurney is promoting makes sense to ppl eludes me.

but logic be damned bc we gotta get cute with the shifting of the vets

I see the logic of keeping moton at right for continuity because he played so well. But I really think this falls back on Little and how enamored Marty and co. are with him. If they shift Moton to left. And he excels (I think he would, not only is he athletic but he’s very cerebral) where does that leave a 2nd round draft pick who is a prototype LT. 

This is my fear, that we fuged up from the jump and should’ve been drafting a RT instead of a LT. I’m glad we have to make choices because we have talent across the board, I’m just not all in on who is making those choices. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

So Gettleman thought it’d be a good idea to sign Hurney’s “chicken poo” to a 3-year extension? Wow what an idiot...I agree. Bet Richardson just made him do it cause Chandler’s cousin’s neighbor went to Wofford or something. 

wow a 3 year extension of less than 2 mil guaranteed...what a ringing endorsement from a GM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


6 minutes ago, frash.exe said:

wow a 3 year extension of less than 2 mil guaranteed...what a ringing endorsement from a GM

As bad as Hurney has been in the past, it never crossed his mind that I know of to attempt to convert someone like Sione Fua into an offensive lineman. There is taking chances because you have to, and then there is at the cost of potentially getting your franchise QB injured trying to sooth your own ego by finding a diamond in the rough when pretty much every other team in the league are filling their OL with actual offensive linemen who have played the position before in some capacity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Sort of like having to shuffle the OL a bit in 2019 because we are hamstrung after shedding the contract of a certain left tackle who shall not be named?

yea, gettleman brought in matt kalil. fine, nobody’s gonna argue it was a shitshow from the beginning with him.

but in your true fashion you can’t acknowledge that gettleman brought in moton, williams, norwell, turner, oher, and remmers which more than makes up for the matt kalil contract that you make out like it’s the gaffe of the century. 

because you are incapable of being intellectually honest and the only reason ppl tolerate you right now in spite of it is bc you are gleefully surfing the crest of the “hurney 2.0” wave of intellectually dishonest posters who blame every problem on decisions that were made by the last dude so we can make that mediocre lawn of grass we’re standing on look a little bit greener.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, frash.exe said:

wow a 3 year extension of less than 2 mil guaranteed...what a ringing endorsement from a GM

Those roster position things aren’t valuable or anything, right? Hey as long as the contract is cheap!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, frash.exe said:

yea, gettleman brought in matt kalil. fine, nobody’s gonna argue it was a shitshow from the beginning with him.

but in your true fashion you can’t acknowledge that gettleman brought in moton, williams, norwell, turner, oher, and remmers which more than makes up for the matt kalil contract that you make out like it’s the gaffe of the century. 

because you are incapable of being intellectually honest and the only reason ppl tolerate you right now in spite of it is bc you are gleefully surfing the crest of the “hurney 2.0” wave of intellectually dishonest posters who blame every problem on decisions that were made by the last dude so we can make that mediocre lawn of grass we’re standing on look a little bit greener.

There really isn't anything that can "make up" for getting absolutely zero return out of a 50 million dollar contract at a time when you have a core ready to make a run. Especially when you consider other first or early round busts like Benjamin, Funchess, and Butler.

Your eagerness to shoehorn me in as a Gettleman hater all along is simply flailing because anyone who has read my posts knows I supported a number of Gettleman moves. The head scratchers however set this franchise back in the same way Hurney did in the past, there is no disputing that, and I'm sorry if you can't handle that.

Also, I got a nice chuckle out of you trying to casually slide Mike effing Remmers into that group of "make up" players, lmfao.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



×
×
  • Create New...