Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
Manther

trump impeachment thread

Will trump be impeached?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Will trump be impeached?

• Hell ya, lets get it done.
    • Nahh to many dinos.

2 hours ago, Manther said:

Impeaching trump is not a shitty plan, dino.

I'm clearly criticizing the timing, not impeachment itself

Don't have sour grapes because you got dunked on in the other thread

3 hours ago, Manther said:

I'm not quite there.  I agree he won't be removed, the Senate votes just aren't there.  But this time the whole process is going on in the middle of the election.  Will either  the house or senate votes occur before or after the rnc convention...it will alter the whole optics of the campaign.

Why?  IMO, its just going to further the narrative that he is already presenting, that the Democrats and swamp critters are out to get him.  And most who might vote for him won't watch the proceedings, they will just watch the edited highlights of it on Fox or facebook or youtube.

Impeachment would be incredibly stupid and Pelosi is right

When the Senate exonerates Trump it's a Trump win

11 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

I'm suggesting that an impeachment inquiry over the next 2 years will significantly hurt his reelection chances.

I see your logic but strongly disagree.  This dilutes the Democrat’s message and will highlight fractures in the party.  Especially if there are half assed fiascos like this Mueller hearing.  I haven’t heard a peep out of a Democratic candidate since the hearings ramped up and they might as well have taken the week off.  Coverage has all been on Trump.  The candidates all seem irrelevant now that the hearings and impeachment talk overshadow them.

just my .02

Edited by Pejorative Miscreant

He should be impeached 100%. 

According to the exhaustive Mueller report, Trump by all means broke the law on numerous occasions and would be charged if he were anyone else besides the president. 

To not impeach because of what the presidents party will or will not do sets a terrible standard for future Presidential illegalities.

Get the votes on the history books.

And as far as politic optics go, the Dems being in this state of limbo of should they or shouldn’t they is doing nothing but deflating the base. 

I love how people try to compare trump to Nixon... there was an actual crime with Nixon... other than the word impeach, there is nothing the same between Nixon, Clinton or Trump.. .. and Nixon's poll numbers have nothing to do with Trumps, but all of you go ahead and think it does if it makes you feel better 

something to think about, even with all the media's trump bashing, trumps numbers actually keep going up … even in the media's own polls

• Beer 1

16 hours ago, Cary Kollins said:

He should be impeached 100%. 

According to the exhaustive Mueller report, Trump by all means broke the law on numerous occasions and would be charged if he were anyone else besides the president. 

Does it?  I have heard some media outlets say it does, some say it doesn't.  But according to some legal experts I have listened to, its not so black and white.  I heard one of the Wake Forest Law professors talk about it, and he believed that even if this were a normal trial, and not being held in the politically charged senate, proving the allegations beyond a reasonable doubt would be very difficult to prove.  Even Mueller said that his team couldn't decide if Grump actually committed a crime.  

I would love to see Trump out of office, but unless there is clear cut undeniable (by normal people) evidence of a crime, I would much prefer it be thru the election process.  That would be better for the country as a whole.  

Edited by Davidson Deac II

1 hour ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Does it?  I have heard some media outlets say it does, some say it doesn't.  But according to some legal experts I have listened to, its not so black and white.  I heard one of the Wake Forest Law professors talk about it, and he believed that even if this were a normal trial, and not being held in the politically charged senate, proving the allegations beyond a reasonable doubt would be very difficult to prove.  Even Mueller said that his team couldn't decide if Grump actually committed a crime.  

I would love to see Trump out of office, but unless there is clear cut undeniable (by normal people) evidence of a crime, I would much prefer it be thru the election process.  That would be better for the country as a whole.  

Mueller said they couldn’t decide if he committed a crime due to the DOJ protocol, not because the evidence was for or against it. He said it would be unfair for a President to be accused of a crime because he could not defend himself in court. In Mueller’s press conference he laid out that the constitution has a process to investigate a sitting president who possibly committed wrongdoing, which is impeachment.

As far as the law professor saying the charges would be hard to prove, well theres only one way to find out. We know the president’s own lawyer testified under oath to Mueller that he was pressured to fire Mueller and then ordered to lie about it. Let’s get McGahn in an impeachment hearing as a star witness and see how Trump looks then.

At this point it’s not about getting Trump out of office. It’s about holding a President who thinks he is above the law accountable.

Edited by Cary Kollins

even if they bring charges you have to be out of your mind to think 2/3rds of the Senate would vote to impeach. trump would claim it as exoneration because why not, and it would further energize his base and leave Dems with nothing of substance to throw at him for the next 4 years after he wins in 2020.

16 minutes ago, pantherphan96 said:

even if they bring charges you have to be out of your mind to think 2/3rds of the Senate would vote to impeach. trump would claim it as exoneration because why not, and it would further energize his base and leave Dems with nothing of substance to throw at him for the next 4 years after he wins in 2020.

as opposed to all of the other substantive policies coming out of the house right now

stop being a coward

lol not to mention have you paid attention to anything he's been doing lately?

TOTAL EXONERATION WITCH HUNT NO COLLUSION, on loop since the investigation fuging started two years ago

stop worrying about how trump is gonna spin it

On 7/27/2019 at 1:33 PM, ImaginaryKev said:

I'm clearly criticizing the timing, not impeachment itself

Don't have sour grapes because you got dunked on in the other thread

You and @rodeo run around pretending to be big trump haters, then when it finally comes to show your cards, you fold with lame timing excuses.

I think you just want to embarrass the left, promoting indiscriminate violence, supporting sexual predators...all while attacking trump.  You hurt the left, and the Democratic party.  You exemplify everything that is wrong with public discourse today.

21 minutes ago, Manther said:

You and @rodeo run around pretending to be big trump haters, then when it finally comes to show your cards, you fold with lame timing excuses.

I think you just want to embarrass the left, promoting indiscriminate violence, supporting sexual predators...all while attacking trump.  You hurt the left, and the Democratic party.  You exemplify everything that is wrong with public discourse today.

i didn't say anything about timing or whether or not i want him impeached. i just said it's not going to happen.

2 hours ago, SZ James (banned) said:

as opposed to all of the other substantive policies coming out of the house right now

stop being a coward

i'd be pretty pissed if this is the one issue Dems grow a spine (or conscience) on, and not the concentration camps or GND or something of real value and not just political football, which is all this will be because there is a 0% chance of a 2/3rds vote against Trump in the Senate. don't be an idiot.

Edited by pantherphan96

2 hours ago, SZ James (banned) said:

lol not to mention have you paid attention to anything he's been doing lately?

TOTAL EXONERATION WITCH HUNT NO COLLUSION, on loop since the investigation fuging started two years ago

stop worrying about how trump is gonna spin it

he's gonna do it anyway, no need to lob in another softball for him to crush in the eyes of the public-- and yes, they are that dumb that undecided voters would see that as evidence of him being cleared. all of this is pretty toothless now that it took them so long to even get to this point, seems they thought the mueller report would be some kind of bombshell in the current political climate-- shows how out of touch they are.