Jump to content
Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AppHeel

Tepper Wants a Retractable Dome Stadium

Recommended Posts



He has leverage now in SC. If the city and state won't assist in getting a new stadium built uptown, you can bet on one in SC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Harbingers said:

No. Open air Tepper. Don’t turn into a douche. 

The roof would be retractable lol. So it could be left open.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AppHeel said:

The roof would be retractable lol. So it could be left open.

The Panthers play better in the rain. It’s simply a fact. 

To put it more accurately Tepper wants a superb owl. Stadium redesign would get him one. Doesn’t mean we need a dome or sphincter. It’s NC let the elements in.     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't do it city council.

 

That said, nah...I'm good.  I'll take open air like it should be played.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting that the scoops just keep going to the national reporters.  Get ready for hissy fit 2.0 .

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Don't do it city council.

 

That said, nah...I'm good.  I'll take open air like it should be played.

Tepper is clearly trying to take the Panthers, Charlotte and Upstate SC to a new level.  A new stadium with retractable roof will bring a Super Bowl to Charlotte eventually.  As pointed out earlier the roof can always be left open but would be a prerequisite for a SB bid.

Yes, I too like to watch the game played in the elements.  But if Tepper needs fan support for this I am lining up on his side every day of the week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RenoCarolina said:

Tepper is clearly trying to take the Panthers, Charlotte and Upstate SC to a new level.  A new stadium with retractable roof will bring a Super Bowl to Charlotte eventually.  As pointed out earlier the roof can always be left open but would be a prerequisite for a SB bid.

Yes, I too like to watch the game played in the elements.  But if Tepper needs fan support for this I am lining up on his side every day of the week.

Don't do it was aimed at the gov officials.

I prefer not to A.  Move the stadium.  B. Build a new stadium when BOA is in great shape.  C.  Give taxpayer money to a sports team with one of the wealthiest owners in all of sports.

Because of those reasons, and I personally think that if they can stand it in Green Bay, we can stand it in CLT, I'm good with standing pat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, thefuzz said:

Don't do it was aimed at the gov officials.

I prefer not to A.  Move the stadium.  B. Build a new stadium when BOA is in great shape.  C.  Give taxpayer money to a sports team with one of the wealthiest owners in all of sports.

And because of those reasons, and I personally think that if they can stand it in Green Bay, we can stand it in CLT.

Totally agree on stadium location.  No clue but I wonder how long it takes to build new state of the art retractable stadium?  Where could the Panthers play if they demolished BOA and used the footprint of the BOA and practice field for a new stadium?   Would it be possible to limit that to just one season abroad?

In regards to giving taxpayer money to a wealthy owner, it is not Tepper's fault he is wealthy.  A new stadium would economically benefit the entire region.  The key is finding the right balance of public/private funding.

Also wonder how Tepper and the Panthers would handle the PSL question(s).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

To put it more accurately Tepper wants a superb owl. Stadium redesign would get him one.

It's as much about getting MLS as it is a Super Bowl.

1006%20MLS%20Bowl_01%20(1)%20copy.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, RenoCarolina said:

Totally agree on stadium location.  No clue but I wonder how long it takes to build new state of the art retractable stadium?  Where could the Panthers play if they demolished BOA and used the footprint of the BOA and practice field for a new stadium?   Would it be possible to limit that to just one season abroad?

In regards to giving taxpayer money to a wealthy owner, it is not Tepper's fault he is wealthy.  A new stadium would economically benefit the entire region.  The key is finding the right balance of public/private funding.

Also wonder how Tepper and the Panthers would handle the PSL question(s).

Two years likely to build something like that, so IF they decided to use BOA footprint (I don't think for a second that they would) the team would be playing elsewhere for a while.

Not his fault he's wealthy?  What the hell does that even mean?  He is wealthy enough to cut a check for a team, he is wealthy enough not to use taxpayer funds to build him a new stadium.  I'll never side with cities, counties, or otherwise picking up the tab for these guys to build their "castles".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



×
×
  • Create New...