Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Doc Holiday

Why Kalil and TD playing for other teams is a good thing. And actually should be celebrated.

TD was a bad fit for 3-4 and Kalil played(when he wasnt hurt) like a retired player the last couple years. 

Kalil is 34

TD is 37

Already waaaaaay past due in the new NFL. 32 use to be old, 30 is now NFL "old".

They both were great for us. But both of them are washed up at this point as a professional football player.

Edited by Malt Liquor

4 hours ago, t96 said:

He has alluded to the fact that he was willing to stay here for less money but the team didn’t want him back under any terms. I don’t know what he would’ve settled for I’m just pointing out that there probably should’ve at least been a conversation with TD’s camp about being a backup here for less money but we just pushed him out.

We didn't push him out. We moved to a 3-4 where his skill set wasn't great. Better to let a player go to a team who can use him than stash him away on one who can't. 

TD and Khalil got paid above their value. It was a good time for the Panthers to part ways. I am curious if Khalils $8m deal would net us a compensatory pick next year.

20 minutes ago, Snake said:

We didn't push him out. We moved to a 3-4 where his skill set wasn't great. Better to let a player go to a team who can use him than stash him away on one who can't. 

Who says he couldn’t fit as a backup in a 3-4 (whether inside or on the edge) and mainly as a veteran leader?

13 hours ago, TheRed said:

Khalil Mack?

How do some of ya'll still not know how to spell the man's last name?

Tell that to my phone. I typed Kalil but it corrected it to Khalil.  I had to change this one twice to get it correct.

13 hours ago, bull123 said:

They don’t play for us...wish them well but really don’t care

Well yeah...point of the thread is how it's a good thing we aren't keeping dudes past when we should.

• Beer 1

To be Fair though, DG was doing this crap but caught hell for it. 

Let Beason, Deangelo, Smitty, and Norman go. Beason's body was done, Deangelo got fat, Smitty had one more good year then tore his Achillies, and Norman isn't worth what the Skins are paying him. 

All good moves in the long term, but short term pissed a lot of fans off. 

Edited by Cracka McNasty
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, Doc Holiday said:

Tell that to my phone. I typed Kalil but it corrected it to Khalil.  I had to change this one twice to get it correct.

Well the phone learns oddball spellings from you. You gotta quit gabbing about Khalil Mack so much.

Delhomme got a five-year, $42.5 million extension, $20 million guaranteed after throwing 6 picks in a playoff game. 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Cracka McNasty said:

To be Fair though, DG was doing this crap but caught hell for it. 

Let Beason, Deangelo, Smitty, and Norman go. Beason's body was done, Deangelo got fat, Smitty had one more good year then tore his Achillies, and Norman isn't worth what the Skins are paying him. 

All good moves in the long term, but short term pissed a lot of fans off. 

The rub with DG was how it was handled. It remains to be seen how Kalil and TD look in hindsight. Olsen was one we shouldn't have extended and did.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

Well the phone learns oddball spellings from you. You gotta quit gabbing about Khalil Mack so much.

? I honestly don’t thing I’ve ever posted or talked about him.

I mean yeah he is good. But he has never played for the Panthers

7 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

? I honestly don’t thing I’ve ever posted or talked about him.

I mean yeah he is good. But he has never played for the Panthers

I'm just making a joke about phones.

2 hours ago, Waldo said:

The rub with DG was how it was handled. It remains to be seen how Kalil and TD look in hindsight. Olsen was one we shouldn't have extended and did.

He handled them pretty bad, but IMO that was NOT the rub with most fans.

Smitty was a lot of Panthers fans all time favorite player...those fans aren't ever going to get over whomever it was that was finally going to pull the plug on him.

We are slowly rounding the corner on having fans be fans of the team...and not a player...but if we ever have to trade or cut Cam, I think you will see a lot more of the same again.

• Pie 2