Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Jeremy Igo

Updated Carolina Panthers Roster Projection

@Jeremy Igo

How far is the gap between Cox and Obada?  I feel like that last spot would go to the guy with the higher upside considering both are young and bottom of the depth chart.  Snd to me the higher upside guy is Obada.

Plus itd feel weird going to London without him after theyve used his face to really hype up that game and promote it.

• Pie 4

3 hours ago, bababoey said:

So only 4 DL and 6 corners?  Does not sound like Ron.

Yeah, I can't see Ron only carrying 4 DL. Everyone is caught up in the whole "3-4" thing, but there are still going to be a lot of formations featuring two DTs and we love to rotate on the DL.

Edited by LinvilleGorge
  • Pie 2

13 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, I can't see Ron only carrying 4 DL. Everyone is caught up in the whole "3-4" thing, but there are still going to be a lot of formations featuring two DTs and we love to rotate on the DL.

It’s all still very much a hybrid look. There will be plenty of four down lineman opportunities with the amount of nickel/dime packages in play. They might keep 4 “DL”, as constituted by roster designation. I still don’t think 94 is going to get cut. He’s been very active in camp, with considerable reps at 5-tech DE as well as looks at LDE and RDE in 4 down lineman packages.

Edited by ellis
  • Pie 3

7 minutes ago, ellis said:

It’s all still very much a hybrid look. There will be plenty of four down lineman opportunities with the amount of nickel/dime packages in play. They might keep 4 “DL”, as constituted by roster designation. I still don’t think 94 is going to get cut. He’s been very active in camp, with considerable reps at 3tech DE as well as looks at LDE and RDE in 4 down lineman packages.

No clue what will eventually happen, but it seems like 6'6" 265 with good athleticism has a lot of versatility in a defense that seems like it is going to require a lot of versatility from the front seven.

4 hours ago, dxpanther said:

i can't figure out why people are high on bryan Cox jr. cannot seem to remember a single remarkable thing he's done but everyone just keeps wanting him to be on the roster. what an i missing?

Id rather have Obada

• Pie 6

I don’t see the point of keeping 6 wr, especially when we’re transitioning on defense this year. It’s nice to keep some extra guys on defense, to see if they git better in the new defense. I really hope we don’t cut Butler and I would much rather have Obada over Bryan Cox, I really don’t get the hype over Cox. I would like to give Obada atleast 1 more year he is a promising player, and I would love to see him play in London. Choosing a player like Cox with limited upside over him just doesn’t make much sense. 

Edited by shaq
  • Pie 1

6 hours ago, t96 said:

Not sure Butler gets cut, he could still be solid depth in a 3-4 for not much money. Hope to see Heinicke do well with some AFC team (not Pats) but yeah he’s definitely the odd man out. Obada was a great story and would’ve been cool to have him in London with us but yeah don’t see him making the team.

I agree 4 defensive lineman on a 3 man front is really thin. I think we keep Butler for that reason but he will end up inactive when the top 4 are healthy.

1 minute ago, bull123 said:

Miller over butler and obada?

We aren't releasing a 4th round rookie unless it's blatantly obvious that he's a bust. Hell, at this point it's probably past time to accept this truth about former 1st round pick Butler.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We aren't releasing a 4th round rookie unless it's blatantly obvious that he's a bust. Hell, at this point it's probably past time to accept this truth about former 1st round pick Butler.

I agree butler has been worse than bad...just seems we need the DL depth

Edited by bull123

I think Butler makes the roster and also a good chance for Obada.

Both those guys would be picked up by another NFC South team in a heartbeat.

I think we have usually only kept 5 CBs so there's one spot there.

Still, there will have to be some tough decisions. Best roster in several years

• Beer 1

I do question where Butler fits in. He hasn’t looked particularly comfortable at NT or 34 End. 

17 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

Both those guys would be picked up by another NFC South team in a heartbeat.

Fine by me. I'd love for our division rivals to employ as many shitty players as possible.