Jump to content
Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

I'm just talking about Hurney's and Ron's reluctance to push Gano...although he's been one of the worst XPA kickers in the league for a while, and is up and down on PK's.

I'd have a kicker in the building every Monday after an extra point shank, or a missed FG inside 45.  They won't.

No, I get it. There's a reason why kicker turnover is so high. With most organizations, unless you're an elite kicker you can probably expect some degree of competition in camp.  I think this guy could probably come in and kick lights out and still not be given serious consideration. Gano is our guy. Period. Sorry, Gano is nowhere near consistent enough to get the "he's our guy" protection treatment, especially when he's paid like an elite kicker. We should actively be searching for someone to come in and adequately replace him and save us a couple or three million against the cap.

  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

No, I get it. There's a reason why kicker turnover is so high. With most organizations, unless you're an elite kicker you can probably expect some degree of competition in camp.  I think this guy could probably come in and kick lights out and still not be given serious consideration. Gano is our guy. Period. Sorry, Gano is nowhere near consistent enough to get the "he's our guy" protection treatment, especially when he's paid like an elite kicker. We should actively be searching for someone to come in and adequately replace him and save us a couple or three million against the cap.

Hard to admit that you absolutely, 100%, without a doubt, screwed the pooch keeping Gano over Butker.

Even if you could do that....and Hurney can't....then you gotta get over the fact that you gave him an overpriced contract to boot....

 

  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After Butker, I don't think Gano will face any legitimate competition for his tenure here. He's our guy and he's gonna nail at least one clutch 55-plus-yard kick this season and miss at least one costly extra point and one field goal shorter than 35 yards that will cost us a game. He is what he is now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish they did Gano has been just about useless when the game is on the line. They really messed up not keeping Butker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 4Corners said:

 VA Tech’s all time leading scorer? That’s not really much to brag about. VA Tech is one of the most overrated college FB programs out there. 

That makes him 5th all time in the ACC.  UNC doesn't have a player in the top 10.  What a sick jab by you

  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's fairly uncommon for kickers to be drafted with roughly one per year getting drafted (there's been less than 25 drafted since 2000). actice session.

Remember that time the Bucs traded up in the 2nd round for a kicker?  Every even year as a Panthers fan, I'm glad I wasn't born in Tampa Bay.  Or Florida, for that matter.

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

As a fellow Heels fan, please stop before you embarrass us all.

First he poos on this thread for no apparent reason...then he makes a statement like that lol.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Smithers said:

First he poos on this thread for no apparent reason...then he makes a statement like that lol.  

He goes around and poos on stuff for no apparent reason. I asked a honest question in a thread the other day and he poo’d it. No idea why. Wasn’t directed to him or making a statement that someone could disagree with. Just a honest to god question. I think he hates people who look better than him. I’m certain it’s something petty like that.

  • Pie 1
  • Poo 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went to training camp Sunday and Tuesday..saw Slye and Palardy kicking.. Gano just stood around.. Slye looked good from what I saw..so dunno 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

Was in his bio.

Agreed, Frank Beamer could win a lot of games..... until they played a ranked team.

Beamer is as overrated as they come as a coach. His best season was the title game with the likes of Mike Vick. Lord knows what the scholarly Vick brothers were getting away in Blacksburg. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Asurfaholic said:

He goes around and poos on stuff for no apparent reason. I asked a honest question in a thread the other day and he poo’d it. No idea why. Wasn’t directed to him or making a statement that someone could disagree with. Just a honest to god question. I think he hates people who look better than him. I’m certain it’s something petty like that.

I believe he is a 6 yr old that got ahold of his mother's phone.  We had a long disagreement over a year ago and he still poos every thread I participant in. 

He provides little valid conversation to any thread.  I addressed it with management a couple of months ago and it  stopped but it has started again. 

We have lost so many good posters because of people like this.

 

 

  • Pie 1
  • Poo 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, OneBadCat said:

I wish they did Gano has been just about useless when the game is on the line. They really messed up not keeping Butker.

Ok, I wish they had kept Butker as well, but you have a very short memory.  Gano hasn't had that many opportunities to win the game with a fg, but when he has, he has hit more often than not.  Including  a 63 yarder to beat NY last year, and a game winning fg at New England  the year before.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Ok, I wish they had kept Butker as well, but you have a very short memory.  Gano hasn't had that many opportunities to win the game with a fg, but when he has, he has hit more often than not.  Including  a 63 yarder to beat NY last year, and a game winning fg at New England  the year before.  

DD, that's what Kickers are supposed to do.

Gano is a career long streaky kicker, but he is paid like one of the games best.  Ron has this fuging fascination with touchbacks....we have averaged 4th in touchbacks since RR has been here, and been in the top 5 every season but 2.

We overpay Gano so he can kick deep on KO's, shank XPA like it's his job, miss gimme FG's that cost us games, and occasionally hit FG's that he shouldn't to win us one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...