Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Devil Doc

Kicker?

1 hour ago, MasterAwesome said:

Knew he would get triggered as soon as I brought up Cam lolz.

Am I doing this passive-aggressive thing right? 

You got anything to add about the data I have provided?

“For comparison, let’s take a look at the unanimous best kicker in the NFL who people have already stated multiple times is the exception to the rule when it comes to consistency”.

There we go...we just have to find a flawless kicker who is top 5 at field goals, XPs, and kickoffs. Brilliant.

6 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

“For comparison, let’s take a look at the unanimous best kicker in the NFL who people have already stated multiple times is the exception to the rule when it comes to consistency”.

There we go...we just have to find a flawless kicker who is top 5 at field goals, XPs, and kickoffs. Brilliant.

We don't need a flawless kicker. We need a kicker who isn't worse than 149 other kickers in league history.

It's almost like there's a middle ground to be had between flawless and mediocre.

2 minutes ago, TheRed said:

We don't need a flawless kicker. We need a kicker who isn't worse than 149 other kickers in league history.

It's almost like there's a middle ground to be had between flawless and mediocre.

You throwing this 149 number in history like it's supposed to sound significant is amazing.

59 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Boom there we go, let’s call up Olindo Mare - the 39th best kicker in NFL history!! TheRed for GM!

You already owned yourself when you mentioned Mare while in the same breath trying to validate that list as the metric for which to base a kicker.

3 hours ago, TheRed said:

How does one cherry pick XP percentage for kickers? It's their main purpose for being on the roster right along with FG's.

Who tries this hard to shield a fugging kicker? Not just any kicker mind you, one that even Washington couldn't wait to run out of town, and they have been one of the most poorly ran organizations in the league for years.

1 hour ago, TheRed said:

You got anything to add about the data I have provided?

Your “data” of Gano being poor at XPs? The same data I already acknowledged independently before you did? The difference is that you’re assigning so much weight to XP percentage as an indicator of Gano being “mediocre”...aka cherry-picking.

Getting a kicker who is great at everything is unrealistic. If I can’t have perfection, then get me the guy who has been strong at FG percentage and kickoffs and subpar at XPs...since the latter is what ultimately amounts to maybe 2 or 3 points left on the table over the course of the season. Have a kicker with a weak leg who kicks to the goal line and allows a return for a TD? 6 points. A kicker who misses a couple extra field goals? Another 6 points. The fact that you’re unironically using XP percentage to call Gano the 150th best kicker in NFL history is laughable and makes me think he banged one of your family members and didn’t call her back. Speaking of which...”Who tries this hard to shield a kicker”? For however hard I’m “shielding a kicker”, you’re trying twice as hard to trash him considering you’re in here responding to every halfway positive post by anyone about Gano lol. So again, what’d he do to you pal?

And last thing with you @TheRed since you’re one of those close-minded individuals who is not worth debating with:

This was a wonderful case study on your hypocrisy and double standards. How convenient of you to proudly use data to support your premise about Gano being mediocre...what was it you trashed Scott Fowler for the other day in one of the training camp threads? Oh that’s right...using data to support his premise that Cam had been mediocre in the playoffs. Let’s use data only when it’s convenient to our narratives right? What a joke.

You can see how desperately this inconsistent franchise needs some actual winning to happen when the thought of expecting the kicker to be even a hair above mediocre is considered outrageous.

Choo choo motherfugers.

20190808_205208.jpg

It's going to be hard for a kicker to compete with the ghost of Kasay in this fan base.  In the minds of many he had only 1 bad kick(what a fuging bad kick tho).  Gano is what most kickers are and why most fan bases are nervous as hell when they attempt FGs and XPs.  I agree that he is paid too much, I also wish we had kept Butker for the contract alone.  Its obvious Hurney/Rivera feel more comfortable with a vet, this is where we are right now and the past can't be changed.  

it can’t be understated how valuable it is to have a kicker who can attempt 60+ yard field goals in games and actually have a chance as well as consistently kicking the ball out of the end zone on kickoffs. 

The contract is a mess but we could do a lot worse. Let’s hope his leg is ok.

On 8/7/2019 at 2:43 PM, Anybodyhome said:

Was in his bio.

Agreed, Frank Beamer could win a lot of games..... until they played a ranked team.

They did win a lot of games under Frank, which is why they have the longest bowl game streak in the nation. Are they an elite team? No. Are they a solid program with good college prospects? Yes. 

Oh, and Ohio State won the national championship in 2014 with just one loss. To Virginia Tech. At home in Ohio.