Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Lost in all the burns hype, I haven't seen many thoughts on how little performed. I am not the best at dissecting lineman play during a live broadcast and haven't gotten to rewatch the game so does any have any thoughts.. a bit curious how the late round swingman looked as well..

Edited by micnificent28
  • Pie 1

He was getting pushed around when the Bears had some of their starters in, then performed better when the backups came in.

He took some time to settle in. If you went only by what you heard on here you'd think he played awful. he looked just like a rookie playing in their first NFL action on the hardest spot on the OL... had a few bad plays and looked fine on others. I think he gets there, just needs reps and coaching

• Pie 6

He didn't show anything that made me go "We blew a 2nd round pick", but he also didn't make me go "We got a bargain!" either.

He is a rookie and will have his moments.  Not a bad beginning IMO.  The line as a whole looked decent.  I didnt see false starts or holding penalties being an all out problem.  He will have time to settle in. 

Work in progress at best right now. He's gotta get more reps, one game isn't enough of a sample size. Fans kind of have to be realistic and realize how difficult it is to draft all pro tackles right out of the gate. Suck to hear that, but it's the truth looking at drafts the last several years. But after unloading an albatross contract on the OL we had a need and we needed to make a move. Hopefully it pans out when he has more playing time under his belt.

• Pie 4

Getting bested by a good defensive line starters in his first action isnt the end of the world or surprising. The jury is still out.

• Pie 2

I hope we give him a lot of preseason reps to get use to the speed and power of NFL edge rushers

I also hope Darryl Williams stays healthy b/c Little is not ready to start at this point

• Pie 1

i counted about 2-3 bad pass sets over the course of the game. Bears got him and Daley with a couple surprise blitzes. overall he looked like he did in his Ole Miss tape, which is encouraging. the NFL is definitely not too big for him. just got to continue developing.

• Pie 4

Little played a LOT (about halfway into the 3rd). very pleased that he got so much burn right away.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

He reminds me a bit of current Saints LT Armstead and how terrible he looked in his rookie year. Hopefully Little can turn out as well as Armstead has since then...

• Pie 3
  • Poo 1

He is good on straight-forward blocking but I thought in the pass rush he reached to much and doesn't slide to his right quick enough.  Just needs more work

40 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

He is good on straight-forward blocking but I thought in the pass rush he reached to much and doesn't slide to his right quick enough.  Just needs more work

That is encouraging as the take on him was he was a good pass protector and ok blocker. 

• Beer 1