Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

1 hour ago, SOJA said:

Further, I don't see any reason Little shouldn't get the vast majority of snaps this preseason. Experience for him and rest for Darryl 

This, 

He needs to be thrown to.the wolves and everytime he comes off the sidelines getting full attention from the OL coaches 

• Pie 1

On 8/10/2019 at 5:28 AM, Tepper's Chest Hair said:

Honestly, and this is in the same vein of "Rivera Iced Kicker to Help Bears Evaluate Him" or whatever....I prefer preseason Ds throw as much at him as possible.  I want him to see those blitz plays.  I want that experience in a game time situation where there is no actual pressure.

You are looking at it from the perspective of a fan.  Defenses are always ahead of the offenses at this time of the year--so you found a sweet spot between two rookies whose heads are overwhelmed and their legs are rubbery.  And you want to see them pick up every blitz in the box.  They are learning.  They are all overwhelmed right now.  Putting first graders in advanced Calculus is what you are asking for.

On 8/10/2019 at 9:08 AM, SOJA said:

Further, I don't see any reason Little shouldn't get the vast majority of snaps this preseason. Experience for him and rest for Darryl 

I see your point, but Daryl needs some looks at LT after playing RT and spending a year on the bike--

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

You are looking at it from the perspective of a fan.  Defenses are always ahead of the offenses at this time of the year--so you found a sweet spot between two rookies whose heads are overwhelmed and their legs are rubbery.  And you want to see them pick up every blitz in the box.  They are learning.  They are all overwhelmed right now.  Putting first graders in advanced Calculus is what you are asking for

I am also looking at this from a development stand point.  Defenses are pretty vanilla in the preseason.  If some other team wants to trot out their starters to work on blitzes with, I am fine with that.  It can only help Little's experience and development.

I am not complaining about Little failing to pickup a blitz.  I am hoping he gets to see an many things as possible to gain experience.

17 minutes ago, Tepper's Chest Hair said:

I am also looking at this from a development stand point.  Defenses are pretty vanilla in the preseason.  If some other team wants to trot out their starters to work on blitzes with, I am fine with that.  It can only help Little's experience and development.

I am not complaining about Little failing to pickup a blitz.  I am hoping he gets to see an many things as possible to gain experience.

Not with RR keeping Little as a bench warmer this season and not letting him play until the injury bug hits in order for him to even get the much needed experience he needs.

Edited by rbsponsel52

I hope Little is our long-term answer at LT, but I sure am glad we were able to get Darryl back for another year so that with him and Moton we're not forced to put Little out there before he's ready.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, rbsponsel52 said:

Not with RR keeping Little as a bench warmer this season and not letting him play until the injury bug hits in order for him to even get the much needed experience he needs.

Sometimes it frustrates me how Ron sticks with vets seemingly no matter what, but man Little looks really raw right now. I just don't think he's ready. Especially considering that we have Moton and Darryl on the roster. It'd be different if we were playing straight up bums in front of him.

• Beer 1

He looked terrible and overwhelmed early on, but less terrible as the game went on. I think that Daley's atrocious play to start had Little in his own head too much worrying about if the guy next to him was going to make a mistake. Looked rather sloppy.

Daley ceasing to get swam over every other play and missing blitz pickups helped both. The fact that they got better with time was very promising. Sounds like Ron is banking on them to anchor the left side in the future while Turner/Moton secure the right 

Progress is progress. Could always be worse, just ask the Texans.