Jump to content
Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Jeremy Igo

Anyone watching Hard Knocks?

Recommended Posts

52 minutes ago, Peppers90 NC said:

I can honestly say I havent seen one poster here suggest he should be our coach.

I remember they wanted him back in 2011 and even when Ron was on the hot seat.  Him and Cowher were always top names . 

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


55 minutes ago, Peppers90 NC said:

I can honestly say I havent seen one poster here suggest he should be our coach.

Yeah several years ago people were bringing him up quite a bit as a replacement for Rivera if he got canned. He probably got mentioned more than anyone else and there were quite a few pulling for him. I was pulling for an even bigger bonehead, though. Chip Kelly. I always thought Gruden was overrated though. 

  • Pie 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, NAS said:

I remember they wanted him back in 2011 and even when Ron was on the hot seat.  Him and Cowher were always top names . 

i thought you meant way more recently

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He took a Dungy SB caliber team that was competitive and turned it into the team they are still trying to fix today. The guy's ego is probably the only thing bigger then his disappointing record post SB. TB has had 3 winning season since Chucky dismantled a winning culture. They were 4-5 winning years with an 8-8 year before he showed up.

The only thing serious with that team is how much they are paying Gruden. It's seriously insane and incompetent. Davis with the childs hair cut from the 70s is turning out to be a chip off the old block.

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched Episode 1 last night. That franchise is a trainwreck and a half. Makes me really thankful for Tepper/Rivera and their leadership.

Part of it may be an act for the cameras, but good god Abram is an asshat. I am shocked that one of the veterans on that team hasn't decked him yet.

Derek Carr is awkward as fug.

I was actually surprised by AB - actually seems kind of humble. This all obviously was before the helmet noise.

Gruden doesn't seem to have a hold on that locker room. Case in point when Abram talked back to him after hitting in walkthroughs and Gruden simply laughed it off.

I will be shocked if that team wins 5 games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't watch the show, but I caught one episode yesterday.  Abram is a potential problem.  AB we already know about.  So happy we've got a better culture.

But man I was LOLing at Clelin Ferrell riding the horse.  Dude was scared to death.  And then at the end when they discuss the gelding.  That was the funniest thing I've seen in a long time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CRA said:

it is all over the news.  No point in the org trying hide it.

especially when all it does is make Brown look crazy.   Frankly, that just helps the Raiders.   I mean it ain't like he really going to retire because of that. 

makes him look crazy because he can't see out of the other helmets? or what?  please explain to me more about your opinions of the best receiver in the league, that also has the best work ethic and training regimen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

and oh yeah, many of us, including me, were pissed we didn't get spurrier back in the day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, raz said:

makes him look crazy because he can't see out of the other helmets? or what?  please explain to me more about your opinions of the best receiver in the league, that also has the best work ethic and training regimen.

how you know he got the best work ethic and training regimen?  Tom Brady got a better work ethic than Cam? How you know these things? 

He one of the best.  I'd take Nuk or Julio over Brown right now.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Feel like Hard Knocks has fallen off, the last few years just haven't been that entertaining. Haven't watched all of the Panthers show yet bc of work but so far it's a much better production

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Chaos said:

I haven't watched Hard Knocks, but for those who have, how does it compare to Amazon's All or Nothing in terms of reality?  Im assuming since it's the Raiders that if someone watched both that the Panthers appear as a lightyears better franchise??

Hardknocks is 100 times better. IMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, CRA said:

how you know he got the best work ethic and training regimen?  Tom Brady got a better work ethic than Cam? How you know these things? 

He one of the best.  I'd take Nuk or Julio over Brown right now.  

his regimen is said to be legendary.     he's also got kind of a little head.   i think that's the issue with the helmet.  i think they should be allowed to use whatever helmet they want, and if its not league approved they can't join in current and later cte lawsuits, while still enjoying the benefits all others receive relating to cte.  that's me.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TNPanther said:

I watched Episode 1 last night. That franchise is a trainwreck and a half. Makes me really thankful for Tepper/Rivera and their leadership.

Part of it may be an act for the cameras, but good god Abram is an asshat. I am shocked that one of the veterans on that team hasn't decked him yet.

Derek Carr is awkward as fug.

I was actually surprised by AB - actually seems kind of humble. This all obviously was before the helmet noise.

Gruden doesn't seem to have a hold on that locker room. Case in point when Abram talked back to him after hitting in walkthroughs and Gruden simply laughed it off.

I will be shocked if that team wins 5 games.

that was the weirdest interaction.   Rookie didn't give a fug what Gruden said and he just kinda giggled at the rookie for not giving a fug. 

Gotta think one of those vets gonna humble him in an upcoming episode. Clean his clock on a run play or something.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...