Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Captain Morgan

Tuesday Camp Tweets: Bills in Spartanburg

newton_david.png&w=160&h=160&scale=crop

David NewtonESPN Staff Writer 

Captain Munnerlyn says it's good to be back at Wofford College and among his former Panthers' teammates. The Buffalo Bills defensive back says he won't take a shot at Cam Newton, a player he loved to jaw with while at Carolina, but added, ‘'I'm going to talk some sh— though.''

a7d45f57-104c-4f9f-9c2d-e98986e381a6.jpeg
  •  
  •  

Panthers quarterback Cam Newton gave former teammate Captain. Munnerlyn a little grief about having to wear No. 26 for Buffalo. Munnerlyn says he already has a deal to get his familiar 41 back. He also had some advice for Newton after the joint practice: ‘'I told him he had to get off the ball a little faster.''

Panthers' camp observations: 1. Buffalo's defense got a taste of Curtis Samuel's rare speed early as Cam Newton dropped a 50-yard pass into the arms of his receiver, who beat Tre'Davious White badly down the middle. Could Samuel emerge as Newton's No. 1 receiver?; 2. Newton was hot on his first two-minute drill, completing five straight underneath passes before being intercepted in the end zone. He came right back, though, with a TD pass to TE Greg Olsen; 3. CB Donte Jackson had arguably the play of the day defensively for Carolina, breaking up a deep pass to Zay Jones; 4. Sadly, former Carolina defensive back Captain Munnerlyn wasn't working with Buffalo's first team. Other than a pre-practice shouting match with Newton over him wearing No. 26 instead of his normal 41 their trash-talking was minimal; 5. The threat to kick players out of practice if they fought worked. Other than a hard hit from Buffalo's Maurice Alexander that got him the next play off players maintained their poise.

Buffalo quarterback Josh Allen says ‘'I'm not mad at comparisons at all'' to Panthers quarterback Cam Newton. The comparisons are natural since both are 6-foot-5 and came out of college with strong arms and a unique ability to use their legs. Allen says he's actually learned something watching Newton go from a ‘'mobile quarterback to one that runs when necessary.''

Buffalo defensive back Captain Munnerlyn sees a big difference in Cam Newton's arm strength now and from the end of last season when the 2015 NFL MVP struggled to throw deeper than 30 yards. A 50-yard pass to Curtis Samuel early in a joint practice against the Panthers was a good sign.

1 hour ago, The Huddler said:

logan thomas was never a panther

Practice squad he was. As a tech fan it shocked me he was even on our roster for a while 

edit - my bad I got confused with Bucky Hodges 

Edited by Paintballr

7 minutes ago, ellis said:

Monday: Sometimes, you just need 1000 pounds of men to block one rookie. 

Kids going to be a BEAST

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, ncfan said:

Kids going to be a BEAST

Yep... and honestly I think we've seen enough of him in preseason to feel confident his game is up to NFL speed.

Hoping the team is going to be cautious about this ankle injury.  It's already going to be a long season for a rookie who is used to only playing 12-13 games, especially since I'm hoping we're going to play in 19-20 this year.

Just don't want to wear him down... Save those reps for someone like Christian Miller who obviously is still getting up to speed.

• Pie 1

does anyone know why Cam gave Munnerlyn a hard time for wearing #26? I know he is normally 41, I guess he in a way is saying, he wasnt good enough to get his old number back?