Jump to content
Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Smithers

Reid rips into the NFL...again

Recommended Posts



Unless he knows something we don't I think he should wait for the terms of the deal before outright calling it disingenuous. Jay-Z's publicly criticized the NFL over Kaep and even turned down the SB in support. For him to do an about face suggests that something changed.

He's implying that there's no way for the league to do right by the black community unless Kaep is back in the league and I disagree with that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reid is a moron and has been a bit of a distraction. Hopefully his play on the field can outweigh all that though. I’ve heard good things about his coverage this TC and it’s his first year with a full offseason here. Going to love the attitude in our secondary this year with him, Boston and Jackson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

Unless he knows something we don't I think he should wait for the terms of the deal before outright calling it disingenuous. Jay-Z's publicly criticized the NFL over Kaep and even turned down the SB in support. For him to do an about face suggests that something changed.

He's implying that there's no way for the league to do right by the black community unless Kaep is back in the league and I disagree with that. 

200.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The_Light_Brigade said:

200.gif

Jay-Z is a billionaire w/o the NFL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CRA said:

Jay-Z is a billionaire w/o the NFL. 

As if that ever stopped anyone from acquiring more wealth. I'm just saying.  The appearance doesn't help much. It's not like he came out and said he conferred with AA leaders and those in the community to make sure they're doing right by their people.  I'm not saying it's the only part of the deal he asked what changed.  So what changed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, t96 said:

Reid is a moron and has been a bit of a distraction. Hopefully his play on the field can outweigh all that though. I’ve heard good things about his coverage this TC and it’s his first year with a full offseason here. Going to love the attitude in our secondary this year with him, Boston and Jackson.

You sound like a moron...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Year two now: looks like he’s grasping the system in camp so far. I’ve been impressed with his range. Seems like he’s taking control in terms of calls. He’s also going to better job with run fits and angles. Looking forward to seeing his impact in 2019. 

None of the other stuff matters to anybody in that locker room, I can almost guarantee you that. I don’t have any inside info. He’s a good dude at heart, with a lot of complicated concerns. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Go DJ that's my DJ said:

doesn't change the fact that he is a money grubbing whore.

I didn't say it like that.

I think that can be said for most Americans. I just think it's a missed opportunity to highlight the face of the whole thing in Kaepernick. I mean there's a giant elephant in the room and now they have an opportunity to include said face and on the surface is just looks bad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, The_Light_Brigade said:

As if that ever stopped anyone from acquiring more wealth. I'm just saying.  The appearance doesn't help much. It's not like he came out and said he conferred with AA leaders and those in the community to make sure they're doing right by their people.  I'm not saying it's the only part of the deal he asked what changed.  So what changed?

well, this is Jay-Z's take

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/jay-z-speaks-on-colin-kaepernick-in-the-wake-of-roc-nations-nfl-deal-871668/

“I think that we forget that Colin’s whole thing was to bring attention to social injustice, correct?” Jay said during the conference. “So in that case, this is a success; this is the next thing. ‘Cause there’s two parts of protesting. You go outside and you protest, and then the company or the individual says, ‘I hear you. What do we do next?’ So for me it was like, action, actionable item, what are we going to do with it? Everyone heard and we hear what you’re saying, and everybody knows I agree with what you’re saying. So what are we going to do? So we should, millions of millions of people, and all we get stuck on [is] Colin not having a job.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, CRA said:

Jay-Z is a billionaire w/o the NFL. 

He's also extremely media savvy, enough to know that teaming up with the NFL a year after dissing them will face a lot of scrutiny if it's just about a check.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



×
×
  • Create New...