Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

TN05

Bryan Cox Jr. is in trouble

9 hours ago, mjligon said:

From what I hear, he drives a 2016 Nissan Juke.

And that, to me, is the most shocking thing about this story. You would think a player would have a better whip....

I get the speeding and I get that he had some weed.  But the dude must have been smoking up while rolling down 85 at 90mph (or just had the weed laying around in his seat).  Its not like they are searching your car for a speeding violation.  Either way, you can't fix stupid.  

Dumb moves by a bubble player during the preseason. Lots of competition for spots on this team and he's in a crowded pack during a transition year. 

Sometimes it's just a Darwin thing and he's removed himself from the equation.

14 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I would turn that around.  90 in a 65 is worse than the possession issue.  And probably a more significant legal and financial penalty.

But speeding doesn't get you suspended by the nfl.

Fingers crossed that under the new ownership that Cox Jr is going to get an opportunity to learn and grow from this decision. He's developed into a solid rotational piece and seems to be occupying the role that Wes Horton once held on the team. Would be a shame to have that all taken away because we're still in the midst of prohibition. :/

• Pie 1

11 hours ago, raz said:

you're so awesome.  does your career involve getting your body smashed a whole bunch every day? i'm just thinking, if it did you may want to smoke a little weed.

Issue isn’t about whether it SHOULD be legal or if the NFL SHOULD allow it...that is another debate.

the issue is that is that it is extremely dumb to risk a very lucrative career over doing it....especially for a relatively fringe player.  

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, MadHatter said:

Issue isn’t about whether it SHOULD be legal or if the NFL SHOULD allow it...that is another debate.

the issue is that is that it is extremely dumb to risk a very lucrative career over doing it....especially for a relatively fringe player.  

Let's be clear here, he jeopardized his career by speeding.  The weed is secondary in this scenario.

• Pie 2

9 minutes ago, MadHatter said:

I agree, in my current job, I get randomly drug tested, and can lose my job quick if illegal drugs are found in my system. 

3 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

Let's be clear here, he jeopardized his career by speeding.  The weed is secondary in this scenario.

True, if he knew he was riding dirty, he prolly shouldn't have been speeding. Everyone knows, if you ride dirty, dont speed, make sure all your lights work and obey all traffic laws.... lowers the chance of getting pulled over. 

• Pie 1

28 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

I think he jeopardized it by both actions.  Fringe players are often cut for rather small missteps....and a drug incident COULD impact his status here.  

I'm curious if those posturing the loudest about the morality of marijuana usage also think it's a good time to get hammered drunk in public on a regular basis?

• Beer 1

40 minutes ago, MadHatter said:

I think he jeopardized it by both actions.  Fringe players are often cut for rather small missteps....and a drug incident COULD impact his status here.  

So is he that fringe?  I was under the impression he was a favorite?  If he is cut, is that a big loss?  I have to admit I’m not as familiar with the guy.

37 minutes ago, TheRed said:

I'm curious if those posturing the loudest about the morality of marijuana usage also think it's a good time to get hammered drunk in public on a regular basis?

Neither are that bad and it needs to Be legalized 

38 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Lol what? I don’t think you understand what morality means if you think anyone was appealing to morality when criticizing the marijuana use.

Or is this another case of you imagining a double standard where one doesn’t exist...just so you can grandstand some more on your soapbox.